British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Team looks ok, Big question is which Batch and Holder will turn up each week. I'm suggesting it wont be the same one every week. Good enough to challenge for a play-off place, yeah I would hope so.

Unlike every other Poole fan ( :lol: ) I've not been following this thread.

Who are these other signings? I'm only aware of

1. Nikolas Porsing. 6.99

2. Kai Huckenbeck 5.24

3. Chris Holder

Think Batchelor will do much better this season providing he can stay injury free.

With last season's broken arm he missed all pre UK season testing and came into a struggling team cold. If he can have a good couple of months in Oz and start fit and well in March, I'm confident we'll see a better rider than last season.

• Like 1

I don't know why some are getting hot under the collar about the latest Daily echo Holder story when it was announced days ago that he had been given permission to talk to Kings lynn which is like saying he will sign for them. All they have done is stated the obvious which is that he will probably be unveiled at the fans meeting tonight.

• Like 2

All about the entertainment value. IF Buster can get Saddlebow back to its former glory it will be an enjoyable season, win lose or draw. If Not it will another season of Snoozeville.

Well If the Holder signing as been leaked from The Poole camp to the Echo, lets hope at some point Buster can return the favour using the EDP. As They say what goes around comes around.

The Kings Lynn team look favourites to me with Wolves and Poole looking certaintys for the top 4.

Holder , KK and Lindgren

Lambert, Andersen, Masters

Batchelor , Holder, Thorsell

Those heat leaders are fairly even but i would say Lynn have the strongest followed by Wolves then Poole

Its at second string where Poole should have the edge with Newman and Kurtz but Brady was average last season and let Poole down big time in the play offs and Newman has never yet shown he can be a second string. Howarth could kick on and match Newman , and Porsing and Rose need to step up.

At reserve nothing between Pooles and Lynns and Wolves could look weak here.

I see Lynn coming top followed by Poole and Wolves. 4th place could be anyones and the lack of a side form Leicester or Belle Vue leads me to say Coventry at the moment with the 2 best reserves in the league

I don't know why some are getting hot under the collar about the latest Daily echo Holder story when it was announced days ago that he had been given permission to talk to Kings lynn which is like saying he will sign for them. All they have done is stated the obvious which is that he will probably be unveiled at the fans meeting tonight.

it is a bit of a strom in a teacup but imagine it being the other way round........Some Poole fans would have a meltdown!

Sais the one who trolled the Poole thread for 48 hours non stop.

sais is that french?

no schoolboy what i did was talk about Kyle Newman.......trouble is a few of your fans are so precious you cant have a debate on the Poole thread.

I posted on Poole , Somerset, Swindon, Wolves and Kings Lynn threads that day and guess what..........the only arguments came from the same few select Poole fans. Funnily enough when you and the other loon stopped posting i had decent chat with foreverblue and rayc about Newman.........i guess they have the intelligence to do that. Now be a good boy MonsterDaz and tidy your room

• Like 1

Think Batchelor will do much better this season providing he can stay injury free.

With last season's broken arm he missed all pre UK season testing and came into a struggling team cold. If he can have a good couple of months in Oz and start fit and well in March, I'm confident we'll see a better rider than last season.

Batchelor will be ok, no worries..... Nobody doubts his ability, and he has always spoke well of our track as the one he likes to ride. Last year was always going to be difficult following a bad break in the upper arm, and as expected he struggled early on. It would be wrong if he was judged on those first few months, he is so much better than that.

There are posters saying he has the wrong attitude, but the knack is to keep him happy and involved. I see him being a big hit this year getting back to the SGP rider he once was. This will no doubt P--s many posters off, for he is a far better rider than some give him credit for.....

• Like 2

Having slept on this I find it difficult to understand the logic of releasing this story 48 hrs early. Surely the paper story would have had just as much input had it been released on Saturday. But the main aim here is to undermine the Kings Lynn announcement to their fans at their forum on Friday night. I wonder where the paper got the story from, and who was aware of the Lynn announcement, and who would have thought about the impact by releasing the story a day early, and all roads lead back to Sir Matt Ford. What a pathetic little man he really is. Stealing another promoter's thunder is criminal, but it shows what sort of small minded person he really is. Its not as if he would benefit anything from it

I've always thought that Matt Ford is a selfish individual who care for nothing but himself. At a time when we should all be pulling together, he would tread on whoever just to have his own way. What he has shown everyone with this manoeuvre is how untrusting person he actually is.

I don't wish to stoop as low as his level, but I hope one day he get's his come-uppence. He really deserves it.....

And a fair point.

The Kings Lynn team look favourites to me with Wolves and Poole looking certaintys for the top 4.

Holder , KK and Lindgren

Those heat leaders are fairly even but i would say Lynn have the strongest followed by Wolves then Poole

Its at second string where Poole should have the edge with Newman and Kurtz but Brady was average last season and let Poole down big time in the play offs and Newman has never yet shown he can be a second string.

Just to confirm Kurtz will be HL and Holder SS.

Good line up by KL that will defiantly be battling at the top. KL, Wolves and Poole leading the charge with good lineups. Will depend on which Batch turns up in 2017 though.

Holder , KK and Lindgren

Its at second string where Poole should have the edge with Newman and Kurtz but Brady was average last season and let Poole down big time in the play offs and Newman has never yet shown he can be a second string. Howarth could kick on and match Newman , and Porsing and Rose need to step up.

At reserve nothing between Pooles and Lynns and Wolves could look weak here.

I see Lynn coming top followed by Poole and Wolves. 4th place could be anyones and the lack of a side form Leicester or Belle Vue leads me to say Coventry at the moment with the 2 best reserves in the league

it is a bit of a strom in a teacup but imagine it being the other way round........Some Poole fans would have a meltdown!

sais is that french?

no schoolboy what i did was talk about Kyle Newman.......trouble is a few of your fans are so precious you cant have a debate on the Poole thread.

I posted on Poole , Somerset, Swindon, Wolves and Kings Lynn threads that day and guess what..........the only arguments came from the same few select Poole fans. Funnily enough when you and the other loon stopped posting i had decent chat with foreverblue and rayc about Newman.........i guess they have the intelligence to do that. Now be a good boy MonsterDaz and tidy your room

Looks a decent balanced team in the current climate which is mainly due to them being able to use mainly PL averages as opposed to converted EL averages.

Some Poole fans may have had a meltdown the other way round!! Glad you said some!

Gater1/Monster Daz/KKS criticised me for spelling! His grammar isn't too good either!

• Like 1

I have to smile at all the 'Matt Ford broke my story' boo hoo theorists!!

If anyone thinks that every decent newspaper sports journo doesn't have direct contact with all their local speedway riders - they need to think again!! lol

Maybe today was chosen to 'break the news' as there's another 'story' scheduled for tomorrow?

Incidentally having got past the Kyle Newman and Chris Holder articles in the Star this week, there's an interesting 'Talking Point' in the Peter Oakes section about the media benefits of 'drip-feeding' speedway news rather than releasing everything in one go!!

Edited by Skidder1

I have to smile at all the 'Matt Ford broke my story' boo hoo theorists!!

If anyone thinks that every decent newspaper sports journo doesn't have direct contact with all their local speedway riders - they need to think again!! lol

Maybe today was chosen to 'break the news' as there's another 'story' scheduled for tomorrow?

Incidentally having got past the Kyle Newman and Chris Holder articles in the Star this week, there's an interesting 'Talking Point' in the Peter Oakes section about the media benefits of 'drip-feeding' speedway news rather than releasing everything in one go!!

Why would Peter Oakes make a thing about drip feeding ..... everyone knows that lol

Holder , KK and Lindgren

Its at second string where Poole should have the edge with Newman and Kurtz but Brady was average last season and let Poole down big time in the play offs and Newman has never yet shown he can be a second string.

Just to confirm Kurtz will be HL and Holder SS.

Good line up by KL that will defiantly be battling at the top. KL, Wolves and Poole leading the charge with good lineups. Will depend on which Batch turns up in 2017 though.

Either way i can see Poole third heat leader being the weakest out of that trio of clubs.

Poole will have the advantage at second string

The 3 teams mentioned do look far and away the best 3 though

DOYLE, Holder, KK, Lindgren (all 9+)

Masters, MORRIS, Andersen, Lambert (all 8+)

Batchelor, Thorsell, ELLIS, Holder (all 7+)

Here's my guess as to the order of finishing averages for the heatleaders.

Still can't see how KL, Wolves & Poole are fancied & everyone thinks Swindon will finish bottom.

• Like 1