British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Im pretty sure that once team spots start to vanish in other teams plans then all of a sudden it becomes harder for a rider to hold a grudge.

Rory was dropped because he wasn't up for the job last season. Lets be honest. Most of us were saying this. Its a team sport not a charity and were were still in for a playoff shout. It doesn't mean we didn't wish him well. Mads was dropped harshly in comparison. riding as a heat leader in that format. If he was wanting to ride in the uk and kings lynn was the only team after him. he would be back. thats speedway.

If i was jobless and the only job that was available to me was where i had been fired before then id take it! Its money

1. Chris Holder 12.53

2. Nicklas Porsing 6.58

3. Troy Batchelor 7.36

4. Rory Schlein 7.16

5. Robert Lambert 8.92

6. Kai Huckenbeck 5.13

Leaves 2.32 for the No.7

Bailey. Somebody else in place of Schlein, maybe Palm Toft, Auty, Jorgensen, Douglas or Riss.

1. Lambert 8.92

2. Schlein © 7.17

3. Batchelor 7.36

4. Porsing 6.99

5. Wolbert 8.00

6. Rose 6.12

7. Huckenbeck 5.14

TM: Oliver Allen

Ave: 49.70

Schlein was poor since the first day we signed him so he doesn't deserve to come back. Don't see the fascination with him tbh. Take away schlein and that's not a bad team Edited by hair

Schlein was poor since the first day we signed him so he doesn't deserve to come back. Don't see the fascination with him tbh. Take away schlein and that's not a bad team

I have respect for Schlein but he has never been the same since the injury. We just got the Old Chris Holder back for example and that took 2/3 years and well rory not the same level. If i were King's Lynn; Holder and Lambert and just build around. Will joint first for 1 and 5 with KK and Hans IMO.

1. Lambert 8.92

2. Schlein © 7.17

3. Batchelor 7.36

4. Porsing 6.99

5. Wolbert 8.00

6. Rose 6.12

7. Huckenbeck 5.14

TM: Oliver Allen

Ave: 49.70

Not to sure what to say about this team.

Could either be amazing or overwhelmed. Possibly the latter.

Perhaps Lambert and Kim Nilsson as heatleaders with 2 of Troy,Rory or Nicklas with Hefenbrock doesn't look too bad.

Not to sure what to say about this team.

Could either be amazing or overwhelmed. Possibly the latter.

Perhaps Lambert and Kim Nilsson as heatleaders with 2 of Troy,Rory or Nicklas with Hefenbrock doesn't look too bad.

So, something like??:

1. Nilsson 9.63

2. Rose 6.12

3. Schlein © 7.17

4. Porsing 6.99

5. Lambert 8.92

6. Kerr 5.98

7. Huckenbeck 5.14

Ave: 49.95

• Like 2

Well I'll disagree, think he is the right man for the job.

Been in and around the club for years. Ran the Young Stars on a shoestring budget. Helped bring on the likes of Kerr, Rose & Bailey.

Seemed to have done well at Peterborough as well. Plus let's face it, Buster and Rob know him better than any of us on here. Both as ex team managers should know whether he's up to the task.

Dale deserves respect full stop.

The way feel seem to be thinking it suggests Buster is not going to be around. Cos he will be. I am sure he will have the say on all things financial. To be fair Buster seems to spend most of the night riding around the track on his tractor/s. So what will change ? Also as a recall its Lyon and Allitt who handle the press releases. Buster being chair of the BSPA will see him attending all meetings. Think You will find Buster will still be very much hands on, at Lynn, just maybe delegating more stuff over to the other 2.

Shame his Boy isn't around to share the work load, keeping it all in the family.

• Like 1

Being called a 'boy' at 36 years old is a bit demeaning Semion.

This press release seems a lot about nothing to me as Rob was already a promoter and attended BSPA meetings. And let's face facts Buster will still control the budget and prepare the track... so looking at it from a different angle maybe Rob actually wanted less to do with the club on a day to day basis and has therefore relinquished his team managing duties, with the club putting a spin on it to limit the damage.

With Colin Pratt living locally, Ollie Allan having good knowledge of the sport and the experience of Dale Allitt it will be an interesting choice.

Edited by jchapman

This press release seems a lot about nothing to me as Rob was already a promoter and attended BSPA meetings. And let's face facts Buster will still control the budget and prepare the track... so looking at it from a different angle maybe Rob actually wanted less to do with the club on a day to day basis and has therefore relinquished his team managing duties, with the club putting a spin on it to limit the damage.

With Colin Pratt living locally, Ollie Allan having good knowledge of the sport and the experience of Dale Allitt it will be an interesting choice.

Is this the Colin Pratt who is one of the promoters at Swindon ?

• Like 1

Ollie allen as team manager for me, hope and pray it's not Allit

Perhaps buster had to step down to get the riders they need for the team ???

Chris holder and Rory ?? As he burnt bridges with both riders

100% agree with all the above . I'd have thought if the new team manager was Allit it would have been announced yesterday when the other changes was announced- Allit I agree would be totally the wrong man for the job Young Stars yes fine carry on with that - as for Rory there is 0 chance of him returning or having anything todo with the club after what happened last season between the promotion and Rory now if the changes will now make a difference I don't no - as for Holder I've no idea what went on all I've heard is what's on here .

You'll always be Buster's boy Jonathan, to all speedway fans ....