British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Mads has not managed to get signed up by any Polish Team from what I was reading on Sportowe Fakty last week.

They ran an article on 6 riders (approx.) who had reasonable profiles who had not been able to get teams.

That to me leaves him open to ride a full season with KL being a Thursday track and leaves him ok to ride in Sweden Tuesday and maybe also Denmark Wednesday. Would be a good rider for strength in depth.

are you 100% sure Thursday will be the race night ? What's to say it won't changed again ? Or indeed you could be right .

It's not a denial required on here, it's the Polish press where it's required.

I'm sure the Polish fans are coming to the same conclusions

It's not a denial required on here, it's the Polish press where it's required.

I'm sure the Polish fans are coming to the same conclusions

I have heard from Nicklas, an altercation happened Saturday night whilst he was out with his girlfriend. He has not been arrested, as reported by the Polish press. He has not even been spoken to by the Police. Someone is making an accusation and demanding money. He and his girlfriend are well known in Rzeszow and this is not first time some people, who are very envious have had a go at them both. The Polish Press have made a mountain out of a mole hill and the club Stal Rzeszow are fully aware of the situation and will assist him should anything more come of it. David Wootton - manager Nicklas Porsing

Isn't Porsing the only Danish member for 2017.Hope it's all just blown out of proportion whoever it is.This sort of thing goes on here all the while and all that seems to happen is a slap on the wrist.

Agree this sort of thing happen over here, but Polish Laws are very different, if the woman suffers for more than 7 days it is a prison sentence,

IF and its a massive if, the reports are true, if Porsing is not involved I'd expect a very swift denial by a BSF member who seems to be very much in the know.

I have only written what I have read on the Polish site, I said that I hope it is not Porsing, as he was the only Danish rider who rode for that team.

the very swift denial should come from the Polish site,

I have heard from Nicklas, an altercation happened Saturday night whilst he was out with his girlfriend. He has not been arrested, as reported by the Polish press. He has not even been spoken to by the Police. Someone is making an accusation and demanding money. He and his girlfriend are well known in Rzeszow and this is not first time some people, who are very envious have had a go at them both. The Polish Press have made a mountain out of a mole hill and the club Stal Rzeszow are fully aware of the situation and will assist him should anything more come of it. David Wootton - manager Nicklas Porsing

I suppose the papers need to sell,so it was ideal for them to get a story on what is a big sport out there.It's like here with footballers they get a snippet and make a mountain out of a molehill.And as you say people are envious and jealous and provoke things to probably get some money to go away.Hope nothing else happens in this case and that he will return to the Stars for next season.

Thanks David, reading some comments on various websites with people saying they were there (as they do) seems it was Porsing's girlfriend that was started on and Nicklas intervened (as you would) causing the other women to suffer a minor head injury (accident) at the end of a bar.

May be lost in translation a bit here though

Fingers crossed it's all sorted quickly whatever the story is

That's not a bad average worth having on that average Peter lung must be around that too another rider if committed would do well and no polish restrictions on either

My team I would have

1.Peter Lung (if committed)

2.Troy Batchelor

3.Mikael Michelsen

4.Nick Porsing

5.Robert Lambert

6.Lewis Rose

7.Lewis Kerr / Simon Lambert / Josh Bailey which ever fits

Edited by lynnboy

That's not a bad average worth having on that average Peter lung must be around that too another rider if committed would do well and no polish restrictions on either

My team I would have

1.Peter Lung (if committed)

2.Troy Batchelor

3.Mikael Michelsen

4.Nick Porsing

5.Robert Lambert

6.Lewis Rose

7.Lewis Kerr / Simon Lambert / Josh Bailey which ever fits

Looks awful
  • Like 2

Chris Holder 12.53

Robert Lambert 8.92

Troy Batchelor 7.36

Nicklas Porsing 6.97

Lewis Rose 6.12

Kai Huckenbeck 5.14

Josh Bailey

Then after averages have calmed down after first GS bring someone in for Bailey.

Edited by speedy17

Chris Holder 12.53

Robert Lambert 8.92

Troy Batchelor 7.36

Nicklas Porsing 6.97

Lewis Rose 6.12

Kai Huckenbeck 5.14

Josh Bailey

Then after averages have calmed down after first GS bring someone in for Bailey.

the team you have picked is exactly the one I have chosen but as I understand it surely after the first gs averages come out then the 50pts used for team building purpose will also drop. If it stays at 50 then I'm amazed that Poole haven't retained Holder because as we know it's what happens at the end of season that counts.

Chris Holder 12.53

Robert Lambert 8.92

Troy Batchelor 7.36

Nicklas Porsing 6.97

Lewis Rose 6.12

Kai Huckenbeck 5.14

Josh Bailey

The team limit probably won't be 50pts after the first set of averages.Beat me to it Clive.

Edited by tellboy

Let the kissing begin then ! :lol::party:

Buster is a shrewd businessman so if he can get Holder on what we were paying NKI and he thinks he can take us to the play offs and beyond I'm sure he would sign him as long as Holder was prepared to come to Lynn in the first place.

After the information that the Stars will be announcing their first rider this week, each day is treated with optimism that this is the day. But true to previous it was always expected to be the last day of the week. So Friday is the day, but who will be the first named rider? Will they take the easy option and choose one that we all assume will be riding? or will they go for a rider who was questionable whether he stayed or goes.? .. I don't expect we will get the name of a major signing, they will want to keep that under wraps till the Supporters meeting, But it needs to be someone of high importance to show other teams our intentions, plus keeping the fans interested.

My guess, and hoping, it will be Robert Lambert :t: