British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

question is ... will we win another match this season? Thought we ought to beat the Rebels but what with Kai's EF and Rob's injury probs AND Porsing's lack of anything the Stars just fell short :o with Somerset taking full advantage so well done to them :/

As much as I like Palm-Toft he only seems to ride well for us when he's an away guest but hopefully he'll improve at home. Pity we couldn't have fitted Gomolski in tho... :neutral:

Troy had a medical certificate so your reliable source is not so!

Nobody knew of their sacking until the boys tweeted, fact!

Easily resolved. Copy it, scan it and post it on here. Job done!

question is ... will we win another match this season? Thought we ought to beat the Rebels but what with Kai's EF and Rob's injury probs AND Porsing's lack of anything the Stars just fell short :o with Somerset taking full advantage so well done to them :/

As much as I like Palm-Toft he only seems to ride well for us when he's an away guest but hopefully he'll improve at home. Pity we couldn't have fitted Gomolski in tho... :neutral:

Why oh why has Porsing been brought back? Without being unkind, he is pretty hopeless and has been so for the past four years. Why hasn't the lesson been learnt? :cry:

I think porsing will start to improve at reserve to get some form. I don't think s lambert would have done much better vs Somerset. They have strength in depth and Kerr was on fire. Niklas seems very much a confidence rider. So this spell at reserve could get him going.

With a team built like ours there will always be somebody with an off day. Just got to hope somebody has a great day to make up for it. That's the thing with 6-8 pointers. They can score 10 just as much as they can score 4. . .

I think porsing will start to improve at reserve to get some form. I don't think s lambert would have done much better vs Somerset. They have strength in depth and Kerr was on fire. Niklas seems very much a confidence rider. So this spell at reserve could get him going.

With a team built like ours there will always be somebody with an off day. Just got to hope somebody has a great day to make up for it. That's the thing with 6-8 pointers. They can score 10 just as much as they can score 4. . .

They have been waiting for him to improve for the last four years. You have to accept, it isn't going to happen.

• Like 2

I guess he has the rest of this year to put himself in the shop window for next year. Interesting how there always has to be somebody to pick holes in. Im not his biggest fan but if he can get it right then he will be a meeting winner for us

There is nothing wrong with having a dream :wink:

I have always been a Porsing admirer thinking he could be a decent rider, but this year he seem to have gone backwards. He has one good meeting then 6 bad ones. Having looked at the recording a few times , Porsing worries me. He persistently messed up each gate, and was struggling from that point.. He appeared to have enough speed, but showed a reluctance to engage, as if he lacked confidence. He looks to have a few issues, be it the grippy track, or maybe its his machinery, probably lacking self-belief, coming back as he has, but something was not right... I've seen all his meetings at Lynn, and when he's on the ball, there is no finer sight round the AFA. Riding at Reserve should be a massive confidence boost for him where he should dominate races... But I need to see far more evidence than I did against the Rebels.

Porsing's form fluctuates more than any other rider I've seen. One minute, he's faster than most and the next he's the slowest. We don't expect him to be a 9pts heat leader, but we expect more than 2 third places he got against Somerset. A regular 6/7 point haul would be just perfect...... And he's more than capable of doing that......

• Like 3

With Poole being as poor as they era this year and the team the Stars started the season with , not since the year 2000 have we had a better chance to win the top flight speedway league. But we managed to bugger it up then and sadly we have done the same this year. Another season with no silverware.

I have always been a Porsing admirer thinking he could be a decent rider, but this year he seem to have gone backwards. He has one good meeting then 6 bad ones. Having looked at the recording a few times , Porsing worries me. He persistently messed up each gate, and was struggling from that point.. He appeared to have enough speed, but showed a reluctance to engage, as if he lacked confidence. He looks to have a few issues, be it the grippy track, or maybe its his machinery, probably lacking self-belief, coming back as he has, but something was not right... I've seen all his meetings at Lynn, and when he's on the ball, there is no finer sight round the AFA. Riding at Reserve should be a massive confidence boost for him where he should dominate races... But I need to see far more evidence than I did against the Rebels.

Porsing's form fluctuates more than any other rider I've seen. One minute, he's faster than most and the next he's the slowest. We don't expect him to be a 9pts heat leader, but we expect more than 2 third places he got against Somerset. A regular 6/7 point haul would be just perfect...... And he's more than capable of doing that......

Totally agree with your observations GRW. He falls in to the category of a frustrating rider to watch, we know its in there somewhere, but never know whether it will come out. As you said, on his day he can be a match winner, I wondered if the fact that Rob Lyon who was a great team manager and always seemed to bring out the best in some riders, had any bearing on his form, now Rob is not here?

I'm no longer a regular Stars supporter but admit to waking this morning with a feeling of satisfaction after reading the complimentary comments from Belle Vue fans after last night. Seems the pride is back in the Stars team.

It was there before,