British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Spot on grw !

Great post!

I do have a slight piece of sympathy for batchelor as he does commit to the uk big time as his guest appearances prove. But the guy is a winge and if your attitude is that bad then it effects the people around you! I do think the changes have cost us a push for the play offs. But maybe for the greater good. That night was a low and can't happen again! I think the announcer also made things 10 times worse too by quitting mid meeting. no views were put across. the situation was just left to rot really.

We have cut away the bad! hopefully the atmosphere will improve and it will serve as a warning too! Be interesting to see how Thomas h does.

• Like 1

Holder & Batchelor would fit for Andersen & Kennett & be under the 42 point limit.

That would be a strengthening to the Poole team on current form would it not?

Great decision by Chapman as far as I'm concerned, helping the opposition is not part of his remit as club owner whether he's chairman of the BSPA or not.

There probably was a plan by Ford just to use Kennett as a stop gap to possibly working these two in his side.

It's no surprise to see Poole fans on the defensive of the riders.

Yet we let KK go to Rye House which could put us out of play offs! But hey I guess we are not that bitter and vindictive.

Spot on grw !

Great post!

I do have a slight piece of sympathy for batchelor as he does commit to the uk big time as his guest appearances prove. But the guy is a winge and if your attitude is that bad then it effects the people around you! I do think the changes have cost us a push for the play offs. But maybe for the greater good. That night was a low and can't happen again! I think the announcer also made things 10 times worse too by quitting mid meeting. no views were put across. the situation was just left to rot really.

We have cut away the bad! hopefully the atmosphere will improve and it will serve as a warning too! Be interesting to see how Thomas h does.

Gavin didn't quit mid meeting, he went off to hospital with Dale, his mate, as he didn't want him to go alone!

It was talked about for several days, as a possibility, so if the two riders were that concerned about Buster taking such an action, they could have talked to him. All he did was keep his decision to himself until that deadline.

Holder & Batchelor knew what they did was unacceptable to Buster and a lot of fans. They have not been treated like dirt any more than the manner in which they did not care at all about the fans ( or Buster's business ). I am pleased that Buster sacked them and made them understand what he thought of them as people ( not just as speedway riders). They knew what they were doing on that night and we all have to be responsible for the results of our actions. This time they "lost out".

I just hope that they have not "infected" Robert Lambert with their attitude. Not just because if he might stay ( or not ) at KL but for his future in the sport. He could still go very far.

• Like 4

Why has Thomas H Jonasson came in on a 5.69? Shouldn't it have been converted, like all the other old EL averages were at the beginning of the season? Thanks for any information

Anyway, I'm so glad to see THJ back in British speedway, big fan of him

It takes some time reading all the posts of the goings on at Ipswich & Kings Lynn & I've not started on the Holder sacked topic yet.

I see that no one has replied & I found it strange about Auty. THJ has a final 2013 average of 5.69 for Poole & Auty 4.90 for Birmingham. Musielak signed for Swindon using a 2015 Wolves average.

I thought, after reading through the forums this year, in that once you had achieved a 2017 average then that is used &/or converted by 1.2 depending on the league you move to. Auty, having a CL average of 6.64 from the 24/7 should be 5.53 in the PL

Note... I have just noticed that Leicester used a 4.90 for team building at the start of the season but still think an actual season average should be used(grey areas/interpretations/BSPA committee members teams)

Definitely need an Independent Body running speedway.

Edited by IronScorpion

Yet we let KK go to Rye House which could put us out of play offs! But hey I guess we are not that bitter and vindictive.

Nothing to do with bitter and being vindictive - it was a pure foolish move by Mart Ford allowing Kasprzak to go to one of your rivals.

Dropping Holder and Batchelor from the team is fine and perfectly with KLs right to do so.

Holder was rightly banned for 28 days for his part in the Poole match fiasco.

Dropping the riders when he did so shows Buster to be vindictive and petty minded. We experienced this at Belle Vue with our call off and during the uncertain winter. I man like that should not be in charge of UK speedway nor even his own track, that should be dealt with by others.

He needs to go asap.

But we are talking about Keith Chapman aren't we, top man at the BSPA and the very man who wanted to bring transparency to our sport ,the very same man who nearly put Peterborough and Coventry out of business so he could get his greedy hands on the 30 pieces of silver offered by sky. Carry on Buster (right name there, how fitting) your doing a great job of totally fooking up the sport.

Nothing to do with bitter and being vindictive - it was a pure foolish move by Mart Ford allowing Kasprzak to go to one of your rivals.

I don`t think for a minute Ford expected anybody to take Kasprzak on, but am sure Ford and all the Poole followers were gutted when they heard he had gone to Rye.

What is the individual averages of the team now are we weaker or about the same as before ?

I think there 39 and a little bit.So weaker.

Robert Lambert 7.52

Thomas Jorgensen 6.08

Michael Palm-Toft 6.33

Kai Huckenbeck 6.09

Thomas H Jonasson 5.69

Josh Auty 4.90

Simon Lambert 3.00

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I've had an explanation and it does stack up

Buster had approval from Ford to speak to Gomolski & Jonasson and also Palm-Toft

In return Batchelor & Holder WERE going to Poole but approval had to be confirmed.

King's Lynn team could have been

1. Lambert 7.52

2. Huckenbeck 6.09

3. Palm-Toft 6.33

4. Jorgensen 6.08

5. Jonasson 5.69

6. Gomolski 5.51

7. Porsing 4.69

Ave: 41.91

This team was rejected as there wasn't 2 Brits in the team at all times.

The intention was to run a 3rd reserve (Simon Lambert) for when a rider was missing but this isn't covered within the rules.

Buster was in a last minute scramble to find a Brit replacement for 1 of the new 3 riders.

Auty was then submitted in place of Gomolski very late on the Friday.

Due to how late the new team was submitted the BSPA only gave the approval on the Saturday.

Ford couldn't seek approval to have Holder & Batchelor included because they weren't released by King's Lynn.

King's Lynn couldn't release riders until approval was issued (you seen what happened at Ipswich).

• Like 1

I don`t think for a minute Ford expected anybody to take Kasprzak on, but am sure Ford and all the Poole followers were gutted when they heard he had gone to Rye.

Sacking him was a bad decision, stuck with him until his average dropped and then sack when he could have kept him as a second string with easier races to get his confidence back.

I've had an explanation and it does stack up

Buster had approval from Ford to speak to Gomolski & Jonasson and also Palm-Toft

In return Batchelor & Holder WERE going to Poole but approval had to be confirmed.

King's Lynn team could have been

1. Lambert 7.52

2. Huckenbeck 6.09

3. Palm-Toft 6.33

4. Jorgensen 6.08

5. Jonasson 5.69

6. Gomolski 5.51

7. Porsing 4.69

Ave: 41.91

This team was rejected as there wasn't 2 Brits in the team at all times.

The intention was to run a 3rd reserve (Simon Lambert) for when a rider was missing but this isn't covered within the rules.

Buster was in a last minute scramble to find a Brit replacement for 1 of the new 3 riders.

Auty was then submitted in place of Gomolski very late on the Friday.

Due to how late the new team was submitted the BSPA only gave the approval on the Saturday.

Ford couldn't seek approval to have Holder & Batchelor included because they weren't released by King's Lynn.

King's Lynn couldn't release riders until approval was issued (you seen what happened at Ipswich).

It could stack up apart from one thing- Matt Ford. All ready to sign the 2 riders released and then told sorry due to circumstances you have missed out. And he said what " Ok what a shame" I don`t think so !!!!!!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

It could stack up apart from one thing- Matt Ford. All ready to sign the 2 riders released and then told sorry due to circumstances you have missed out. And he said what " Ok what a shame" I don`t think so !!!!!!!

Plus how could Poole sign Holder given the rules that prevent a club signing a last season rider (or something along those lines).

That apart the explanation of the rest seems credible.

• Like 2

No it is the decent thing to do! If all promoters stopped riders from earning a living there would be no British speedway.

And if riders were allowed to to conduct themselves in the manner that these two guys did without repercussion, you would have the same end result.

• Like 3