British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Neither will Holder and Batch (who nobody outside of the sport has ever heard of).

Bit of a stupid comment that.

So sacking Chris and Troy two days after the transfer cut off is right is it ? denying them the right to earn a living in this country. And the word is RULES..

If I'd paid to go to that KL match, I might consider it to be VERY right.

Bit of a stupid comment that.

Yes, well it's in theme isn't it?

• Like 4

So sacking Chris and Troy two days after the transfer cut off is right is it ? denying them the right to earn a living in this country. And the word is RULES..

They are visitors to the UK and do not have a right to earn a living here. They are imported to our sport on a year to year basis as we do no have enough skilled riders of our own. Their right to earn a living is in Australia, their country of citizenship.

• Like 3

They are visitors to the UK and do not have a right to earn a living here. They are imported to our sport on a year to year basis as we do no have enough skilled riders of our own. Their right to earn a living is in Australia, their country of citizenship.

Doesn't make it right for us to treat them like dirt.

• Like 2

Agreed, though you could look at it as though they have been shafted or look at it as a couple of riders who tried it on, got rumbled and are now playing victim. Depends on your take.

• Like 2

you could say the same about how they treated the paying public

• Like 4

Hard core yes but you will never attract new fans.

I don't think big name speedway riders are crucial to attracting new fans. When I first went I didn't know any riders or anything about speedway - I expected scrambling, which didn't fill me with much enthusiasm - but I loved the sport immediately, the sounds, the smells, the excitement seeing how the red and blue helmets gate, willing your riders to stay in front, especially when it was David Ashby, and even doing the stats in the programme. Oh, and hoping the mascot would fall off (Rosco).

• Like 2

Dropping Holder and Batchelor from the team is fine and perfectly with KLs right to do so.

Holder was rightly banned for 28 days for his part in the Poole match fiasco.

Dropping the riders when he did so shows Buster to be vindictive and petty minded. We experienced this at Belle Vue with our call off and during the uncertain winter. I man like that should not be in charge of UK speedway nor even his own track, that should be dealt with by others.

He needs to go asap.

Lets imagine Buster released Holder and Batch with just enough time to find another club. That club 'lets say Club P' signed both of these riders to replace 2 others, who were in turn released through no fault of their own. So now we have the same situation as we had with Holder and Batch, but this time the 2 riders without a club, have done nothing wrong and don't deserve to be treated in that way.

So at least this way the two riders without a job are the ones who created all the problems....... But instead of Buster getting stick for the timing of his actions, I wonder if 'Club P' would receive the same persecution ????

Its sometimes best to look at the bigger picture rather just your own implications....

How could we sign both without dropping 2 if not 3 riders.

Lets imagine Buster released Holder and Batch with just enough time to find another club. That club 'lets say Club P' signed both of these riders to replace 2 others, who were in turn released through no fault of their own. So now we have the same situation as we had with Holder and Batch, but this time the 2 riders without a club, have done nothing wrong and don't deserve to be treated in that way.

So at least this way the two riders without a job are the ones who created all the problems....... But instead of Buster getting stick for the timing of his actions, I wonder if 'Club P' would receive the same persecution ????

Its sometimes best to look at the bigger picture rather just your own implications....

I've run out of likes for today so had to quote.

The above is just about the best post I've seen on the situation.

As often you miss the point. Whichever club signed either Holder or Batchelor another rider would have been left without the ability to "earn a living" as you put it.

• Like 2

As often you miss the point. Whichever club signed either Holder or Batchelor another rider would have been left without the ability to "earn a living" as you put it.

That backs up my point. Nuff said.

Holder & Batchelor would fit for Andersen & Kennett & be under the 42 point limit.

That would be a strengthening to the Poole team on current form would it not?

Great decision by Chapman as far as I'm concerned, helping the opposition is not part of his remit as club owner whether he's chairman of the BSPA or not.

There probably was a plan by Ford just to use Kennett as a stop gap to possibly working these two in his side.

It's no surprise to see Poole fans on the defensive of the riders.

• Like 2

Holder & Batchelor would fit for Andersen & Kennett & be under the 42 point limit.

That would be a strengthening to the Poole team on current form would it not?

Great decision by Chapman as far as I'm concerned, helping the opposition is not part of his remit as club owner whether he's chairman of the BSPA or not.

There probably was a plan by Ford just to use Kennett as a stop gap to possibly working these two in his side.

It's no surprise to see Poole fans on the defensive of the riders.

Not all Poole fans!