British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

If Holder doesn't bother he will be like the Stars promotion team. I rang the AFA the day after the home meeting with Poole. The phone was answered by a man who I asked if I could talk to someone about the speedway. He said no one was available but I should email the club and they would reply to me. I sent my email the same day and I haven't heard sod all from them.

If Holder doesn't bother he will be like the Stars promotion team. I rang the AFA the day after the home meeting with Poole. The phone was answered by a man who I asked if I could talk to someone about the speedway. He said no one was available but I should email the club and they would reply to me. I sent my email the same day and I haven't heard sod all from them.

they don't give a c##p about you or any other Lynn fan - Buster I guess is on his own running the club Rob gone AWOL Dale ill .

All of this stuff of needing new people running the club etc . . . Didn't realise people were queuing to take it on!

Better the devil you know.

there have been some pretty shoddy promoters elsewhere in the past!

Hortons, Mallets, Waggy up and left. The birmingham debacle, Hemsley, That reading debacle.

Thats just scraping the surface.

How about we all just calm our moobs a little. have a cup of tea, go to a couple more meetings and try to realise things in life don't always go smoothly. speedway isn't full of people wanting to throw money at an unpopular sport. there isn't a rush of people fighting it out to become promoters.

Jonathan Chapman did have some pretty cool ideas, The super 7 even was probably the fairest and best idea of the lot. The thing is if the 2 cant work together then its unlikely isn't it. as much as it was a good time i guess bonds break. sad really.

• Like 2

Seems to me that Lambert was doing well until he he hurt his wrist again. It's the British disease to run down anyone who is doing well. The lad is 19 and could develop into a really good rider. I've not yet been convinced that he will be world class but let's give him a chance.

• Like 3

All of this stuff of needing new people running the club etc . . . Didn't realise people were queuing to take it on!

Better the devil you know.

there have been some pretty shoddy promoters elsewhere in the past!

Hortons, Mallets, Waggy up and left. The birmingham debacle, Hemsley, That reading debacle.

Thats just scraping the surface.

How about we all just calm our moobs a little. have a cup of tea, go to a couple more meetings and try to realise things in life don't always go smoothly. speedway isn't full of people wanting to throw money at an unpopular sport. there isn't a rush of people fighting it out to become promoters.

Jonathan Chapman did have some pretty cool ideas, The super 7 even was probably the fairest and best idea of the lot. The thing is if the 2 cant work together then its unlikely isn't it. as much as it was a good time i guess bonds break. sad really.

In this case i think Danny is right in saying"Better the devil you know"....I don't know Buster,but from what I read he seems a head strong bloke who don't like people criticizing his ways/decisions.Can't see him letting any other promoter taking over at Lynn.Don't think it would end well if he did.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Why are you knocking Roert Lambert? He is the best youngster in Great Britain.

not knocking him but stating a fact he's not as good as some people make him out to be! Proved in World Cup and again tonight!

Whilst I agree to a point you obviously didn't watch today's meeting.

Suffered a very big off

fair enough if he did but still got to have been fit enough as he continued to ride! I watched from

Heat 16 as didn't realise it was live on YouTube 🙈

Whilst I agree to a point you obviously didn't watch today's meeting.

Suffered a very big off

fair enough if he did but still got to have been fit enough as he continued to ride! I watched from

Heat 16 as didn't realise it was live on YouTube 🙈

I take it we will be hearing Chris Holder`s side of recent events today.

I am not KL fan, I am neutral who went to see a high class clash between two potential play off teams. I paid my money and quietly stood by while the piss was taken out of me and my wife as well as several hundred KL fans and few others. If you were a Poole fan there that night, please speak up.

I've heard the promotion's side of this i.e a thinly veiled blaming of the riders. I heard some (very few) comments from the riders via Twitter. And I'm supposed accept this, a 28 year day ban (Freudian slip) and bugger all else?

I have been treated badly as a paying fan and I won't be shut up. We have all been let down by this and it's not good enough to say this wasn't good enough and move on.

A full and frank statement please.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 5

Seems to me that Lambert was doing well until he he hurt his wrist again. It's the British disease to run down anyone who is doing well. The lad is 19 and could develop into a really good rider. I've not yet been convinced that he will be world class but let's give him a chance.

he needs to gate better and looking at him ride he needs much faster equipment! Yes he's best under 21 Brit by a mile but like you yet to be convinced he's got what it takes to become

World class

he needs to gate better and looking at him ride he needs much faster equipment! Yes he's best under 21 Brit by a mile but like you yet to be convinced he's got what it takes to become

World class

His gating was fine till he hurt his wrist which appeared to be his left,clutch, wrist so don't get where you're coming from,like everyone else on here knock the best talent for 10years and wonder why they turn their back on British speedway. If you want a substitute team manager Colin Pratt apparently lives close by and attends regularly ask him to help out.

• Like 2

not knocking him but stating a fact he's not as good as some people make him out to be! Proved in World Cup and again tonight! fair enough if he did but still got to have been fit enough as he continued to ride! I watched from

Heat 16 as didn't realise it was live on YouTube fair enough if he did but still got to have been fit enough as he continued to ride! I watched from

Heat 16 as didn't realise it was live on YouTube

He continued to ride but you could see the difference, clearly injured hand and aggravated injury to wrist.

I am not KL fan, I am neutral who went to see a high class clash between two potential play off teams. I paid my money and quietly stood by while the piss was taken out of me and my wife as well as several hundred KL fans and few others. If you were a Poole fan there that night, please speak up.

I've heard the promotion's side of this i.e a thinly veiled blaming of the riders. I heard some (very few) comments from the riders via Twitter. And I'm supposed accept this, a 28 year day ban (Freudian slip) and bugger all else?

I have been treated badly as a paying fan and I won't be shut up. We have all been let down by this and it's not good enough to say this wasn't good enough and move on.

100% agreement as I feel as aggrieved as FD. Perhaps more so as I will not be going to the next match and genuinely may not bother going again to live speedway in the stadium at KL. Some good action on TV and that will give me enough of a fix as I am one of those who believes that modern broadcasts are better or as good as being there.( much less inconvenience than on the terraces ).

Full and frank statement required by me before I will go again. I think a number of fans not on here may well do the same. Buster and the BSPA love that phrase "it's behind us now, let's move on" . Attendances over the last 10 -15 years prove that it is not the case and it is not enough to prevent fans from finally giving up on the sport. Disillusioned departing fans and those who have passed away to the Great Track in the Sky ( or wherever it is ) means speedway fans are becoming extinct in the UK.

we definitely need something to happen if not we could be in the last few months of kings Lynn speedway

If it is the last few month of speedway at KL then the promotion will know the reasons why ( themselves and how they run things at the moment - the last two years or so ). Bringing about a JC & KC re-union can only be done by themselves and we have no idea if it is welcomed by KC. I don't think JC can wave a magic wand and get it all back together in a flash. The problems of speedway are much deeper than one man's acknowledged ability, which would help KLS. I think things will stagger on in general at KL and in the UK for about another three to five years before inevitable huge changes to the sport take place.

I'm sorry but you have not got a prayer . I first visited a speedway meeting in the early sixties (at the Firs) and, until last year, I have been a regular at King's Lynn. The Club has become a shambolic joke. The owner talks about the supporters (his customers) being the lifeblood of the Club and then treats them with contempt. There is little or no communication and, as a result, people are leaving in droves. I certainly have no intention of going again whilst the current situation exists. Looking at the wider picture, British speedway is third rate and at the bottom of the pecking order where rider availability is concerned (Wolves and Thorssell situation v Belle Vue tonight being the latest example). The product is poor with the sport being run in an amateurish manner. Some may say it has always been the case but look at any fixture and all you see is "G" and "r/r". Sorry, but I have better things to do with my time and money.

• Like 5

Porsing back Wednesday

Just classic Lynn at the minute. Announce that a rider is coming back into the side but don't tell you in place of who.

If it's for Rose, pretty much as good a replacement as we could hope for.

If it's in place of Jorgensen, then think that's harsh on him (especially as he was one of the ones who got one with it last week).

If it's in place of Holder, then it's just waving the white flag for the rest of the season.