British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

What i would like is to hear from Holder his reason for his conduct and the reason for his walking out. Batch must have had permission to withdraw as the referee wouldn't go on the riders reason for withdrawing. it must have been a medical verdict.

Yes please Chris! Why not? Not so that we can shout him down or argue the rights and wrongs but just to hear his perspective on it. It is "right" for him ( his view ) , so why not share it? One problem is lack of transparency / communication. In the same way the referee's report should be made public. Why not?

• Like 1

Kasper Wyrona he's going very well this year

all the fans ask for is 100% commitment form the 7 riders and the promoter this season we've had neither from either . The club is in meltdown mode and know one seems to care other than the paying public. Won't be long till the use it or lose it cry goes out well the club only got its self to blame .
  • Like 2

Not quite accurate Steve.

All the rider's want track work, 2 rider's didn't want to know regardless and pack up their gear.

No matter which way you look at it it was totally unacceptable to be packing up your equipment when the meeting wasn't called off.

Us fans were treated badly Thursday night by our own rider's.

well if sitting in the pits and chatting to some Poole riders about it isn't accurate enough then I guess I wasn't :neutral:

• Like 1

The silence from the SCB is deafening. Is Neil Vatcher on holiday.

Chapman is supposed to be the saviour of British speedway, we have seen no evidence yet that the sport looks likely to retain its existing fan base, let alone grow it and now we see yet again how poorly run is his own club.

We need someone who really is committed to openness and transparency and who has the vision and ability to save the sport.

• Like 2

well if sitting in the pits and chatting to some Poole riders about it isn't accurate enough then I guess I wasn't :neutral:

You were perfectly placed to hear and see what was going on unlike the rest of us on here.

Related the story to my son about the night, his first thoughts were why wasn't the meeting abandoned in view of Dale being taken ill? It had crossed my mind.

I certainly wasn't in any mood for speedway once I heard about it.

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2

The team for Wednesday looks like .

Robert Lambert

Kai Huckenback

Thomas Jorgensen

Simon Lambert

A N Other

A N Other

A n Other

This is what most of the "Suporters" want Is It ?

IF the A N Others are of a reasonable standard and committed to racing I am happy with that. Rather than one or two I CBBS

( I Can't Be Bothered Sometimes ). better to go down fighting than not fight at all.

The silence from the SCB is deafening. Is Neil Vatcher on holiday.

Chapman is supposed to be the saviour of British speedway, we have seen no evidence yet that the sport looks likely to retain its existing fan base, let alone grow it and now we see yet again how poorly run is his own club.

We need someone who really is committed to openness and transparency and who has the vision and ability to save the sport.

Spot on, my thoughts exactly.

IF the A N Others are of a reasonable standard and committed to racing I am happy with that. Rather than one or two I CBBS

( I Can't Be Bothered Sometimes ). better to go down fighting than not fight at all.

Spot on, my thoughts exactly.

NV on holiday? During the season? No deputy then? No Plan B?

all the fans ask for is 100% commitment form the 7 riders and the promoter this season we've had neither from either . The club is in meltdown mode and know one seems to care other than the paying public. Won't be long till the use it or lose it cry goes out well the club only got its self to blame .

Must be nearly time for that one - Use it or Lose it - well sometimes that does happen and why not IF people don't want to bother. put off by what paltry fare has been on offer?

If Waytogo28 has or anybody else have a few riders to fill up the team. Please let Anyone at K/L know as soon as possible. Guests or R/R (if allowed) will not fill the bill.

You're missing the point here completely. Thursday night wasn't about Chris Holder, it wasn't about Troy Batchelor nor the track It was about the fans who believed for the first time in years we had a chance of putting one over our greatest rivals. Following on from a convincing away win the previous night, this was a wonderful opportunity to make a massive statement of intent. Beating teams like Poole is a terrific ego boost. The track wasn't good, I've seen far worse. but the attitude of C. Holder left nobody in any doubt he wasn't prepared to ride and therefore give the whole emphasis back to Poole. He never gave one thought to the fans who had spent their money to be there, Nor to what they wanted. All he was concerned about was his own feelings. Having convinced Batchelor to withhold his services they try to convince the rest, but failed miserably.

We the fans, had to wait around for over an hour while Buster did his best to get the track racable. Not knowing then, that neither Aussie would be returning and hence gifting the league points to Poole. Had the supporters knew this, do you honestly feel they would have waited all night to see the remaining races with only half a team. Be real.

No, as per usual the supporters were treated like mushrooms. It feels like nobody gives a damn of what the supporters feel. Holder and Batch's attitude was unacceptable. Ok the track was bad but to withhold their services need to be penalised. Losing to me has never been a problem, Have to say, we at Lynn are use to it by now. Honestly, Integrity, Endeavour and Commitment means everything. Lose if we have to, but lose with pride....

For 50 years I have supported the Stars, paid my money, and enjoyed the Downs as well as the Ups. I have visited most track in the country and met some wonderful people. But after Thursday, I made a decision not to go to another meeting, ....... While the likes of Holder or Batchelor are part of our team,,,,,,,, I would pay to watch lesser riders too....

Never have I seen such contempt shown to the fans as I did last Thursday....

• Like 7

Having seen one of Robert lambert's tweet where he states the bad part is that the fans weren't informed as to why WE didn't want to race the track. That would indicate that WE as in the team and not the 2 individuals being discussed.

Was anyone actually included in the team talk regarding the track as there are some very strong conspiracy theories being thrown around!!!!!

If a rider is withdrawn from a meeting by a professional medic why would people question this.

You're missing the point here completely. Thursday night wasn't about Chris Holder, it wasn't about Troy Batchelor nor the track It was about the fans who believed for the first time in years we had a chance of putting one over our greatest rivals. Following on from a convincing away win the previous night, this was a wonderful opportunity to make a massive statement of intent. Beating teams like Poole is a terrific ego boost. The track wasn't good, I've seen far worse. but the attitude of C. Holder left nobody in any doubt he wasn't prepared to ride and therefore give the whole emphasis back to Poole. He never gave one thought to the fans who had spent their money to be there, Nor to what they wanted. All he was concerned about was his own feelings. Having convinced Batchelor to withhold his services they try to convince the rest, but failed miserably.

We the fans, had to wait around for over an hour while Buster did his best to get the track racable. Not knowing then, that neither Aussie would be returning and hence gifting the league points to Poole. Had the supporters knew this, do you honestly feel they would have waited all night to see the remaining races with only half a team. Be real.

No, as per usual the supporters were treated like mushrooms. It feels like nobody gives a damn of what the supporters feel. Holder and Batch's attitude was unacceptable. Ok the track was bad but to withhold their services need to be penalised. Losing to me has never been a problem, Have to say, we at Lynn are use to it by now. Honestly, Integrity, Endeavour and Commitment means everything. Lose if we have to, but lose with pride....

For 50 years I have supported the Stars, paid my money, and enjoyed the Downs as well as the Ups. I have visited most track in the country and met some wonderful people. But after Thursday, I made a decision not to go to another meeting, ....... While the likes of Holder or Batchelor are part of our team,,,,,,,, I would pay to watch lesser riders too....

Never have I seen such contempt shown to the fans as I did last Thursday....

Well said, spot on. Sadly though we both know that both Batchelor and Holder will still be in the side on Wednesday and that 90% of the Lynn supporters (who obviously like being treated like mushrooms and fools!) will be right behind them and cheering them on as if nothing happened!

Well said, spot on. Sadly though we both know that both Batchelor and Holder will still be in the side on Wednesday and that 90% of the Lynn supporters (who obviously like being treated like mushrooms and fools!) will be right behind them and cheering them on as if nothing happened!

No doubt.... I was thick enough to think, as a supporter, I was of value to the club, but at last Thursday I was shown exactly what they thought of the spectators. From now on, they wont be getting any more of my money...

After the debacle at Belle Vue opening meeting in 2016 when the riders refused to ride, I said then that more meetings would be called off due to tiders. I am surprised it has took so long, especially after seeing racing from Pooles MotoX track. But now its happened. Be interesting to see what Chapman does about it - it was all huff and puff immediately after the BV meeting call off, but he seems a bit quiet now.

I am still looking forward to one day finding out what really was going on a BV that night, and the same might be said for KL last Thursday

Feel sorry for Lewis Rose.He's had a good season so far.Hope he bounces back as soon a poss.In the mean time I feel a bit sorry for Buster.What does he do,fire one or two and struggle,or try and make out things are all rosey and soldier on with a crap camp.. .I'm sure he must be fuming.

I wonder if Holder was a Poole rider on that track that night,what he would of done....Same as the rest of the Poole team would be my guess.