British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

So surely that's it for Batchelor at Lynn ? Couldn't complete his rides Thursday night as had a wrist injury but scores 9 at Belle Vue for Swindon - surely he will be shown the exit door ? Or is the promotion so weak to even make that decision?

So surely that's it for Batchelor at Lynn ? Couldn't complete his rides Thursday night as had a wrist injury but scores 9 at Belle Vue for Swindon - surely he will be shown the exit door ? Or is the promotion so weak to even make that decision?

So you can prove he didn't hurt his wrist? Maybe he put an ice pack on it overnight and it felt better? You really want to get rid of your current number 1 rider? I assume you want NKI back to replace him? If anything Noddy was worse because he had no injury excuse! If Batch wasn't withdrawn on medical advice then you wouldn't have been entitled to IRR!

• Like 1

Can't see any problem with Batch riding last night. He went down hard Thursday night after Jorgensen fell in front of him. I wasn't surprised he withdrew. Chris Holder is the one who should go for being a spoilt brat and causing trouble within the Stars team.

• Like 2

You therefore have to question whether they should be riding if they are so affected by imperfect tracks that others could handle.

Totally agree, Rob, and its something I thought of when Schlein was going nuts about a wet track up at Berwick earlier this season.

I am certain that everyone has a great deal of sympathy and understanding for a rider who has been seriously injured but the simple truth is tracks will never always be perfect and will occasionally be significantly less than that.

If you are only going to ride when conditions are favourable you should be thinking about not riding at all,

• Like 6

So you can prove he didn't hurt his wrist? Maybe he put an ice pack on it overnight and it felt better? You really want to get rid of your current number 1 rider? I assume you want NKI back to replace him? If anything Noddy was worse because he had no injury excuse! If Batch wasn't withdrawn on medical advice then you wouldn't have been entitled to IRR!

All the Aussies are like 'Peas in a pod', Really gone off them of late. There are a few exception to the rule but most are of the same. I don't have a problem with Batch getting hurt and pulling out of a meeting, but you would expect him to join in with his team mates and provide some encouragement in their hour of need. But he couldn't get away quick enough. Same with Holder, its all about him. This was an important match for the fans, one of the few chances we got of beating the mighty Pirates, But that was of no consequence to them Aussies, all they thought about was themselves.

As for the IRR, that was a desperation ploy by the stand in Manager to cover our missing riders, thinking he was really injured. No, the sooner they're have gone the better. I would much rather we lose watching lesser riders with principals than bow to the ideas of these prima-donnas who think of nothing but themselves...

I had hoped the days of riders being forced to ride on less that ideal tracks was a thing of the past after what happened at Belle Vue in March last year.

Remarkably, reading this thread, some fans are even blaming the riders for not wanting to ride!

Last March there were one or two who blamed the riders but they were soon shouted down, especially after the Belle Vue promotion came out in support of the riders actions. I can't say I'm surprised Chapman has blamed the riders for the latest shambles he himself is responsible for.

I love karma.

Yes the track was rubbishe. but Only two riders refuse to ride.... Lets get this right.....

• Like 3

I had hoped the days of riders being forced to ride on less that ideal tracks was a thing of the past after what happened at Belle Vue in March last year.

Remarkably, reading this thread, some fans are even blaming the riders for not wanting to ride!

Last March there were one or two who blamed the riders but they were soon shouted down, especially after the Belle Vue promotion came out in support of the riders actions. I can't say I'm surprised Chapman has blamed the riders for the latest shambles he himself is responsible for.

I love karma.

Tracks are often less than ideal but riders still ride (and race) on them. Most riders, that is.

Fans are being critical of one (or maybe two) for not wanting to ride here. In a case where all the others did ride - and there doesn't seem to be any suggestion that they did not want to - then they have every right to be scathing about those one (or two).

Chapman does deserve his share of the blame for this farce but this simply isn't just down to him.

• Like 2

Fred . Poole managed well enough. For us it was a case of a rotten apple ruining the bunch. It was a grippy attackers track. It meant the riders had to work hard. Now we have all worked with people who play up in a self centred manor when they are asked to work hard. The track produced times in the low 58s fastest times of the year if you had the nuts for it.

People brought up with a good honest hard work ethic will find Wednesday unforgivable. People brought up with a moan bitchycomplain about everything background will probably side with the riders. But the times were fast. I hope we set it deep every week because with the right riders on a grippy home track we will win the league. The riders would be more used to it if they faced grip more often. Jack holder was good to prove that

• Like 3

Revised team

1. Iversen 9.04

2. Jorgensen 6.08

3. Huckenbeck 5.93

4. Williamson 5.06

5. R.Lambert 7.44

6. Porsing 4.96

7. S.Lambert 3.00

It's not overly strong but just want Batchelor and Holder out

• Like 2

Revised team

1. Iversen 9.04

2. Jorgensen 6.08

3. Huckenbeck 5.93

4. Williamson 5.06

5. R.Lambert 7.44

6. Porsing 4.96

7. S.Lambert 3.00

It's not overly strong but just want Batchelor and Holder out

One of the biggest understatements of the year that!

• Like 1

I'd be cheesed off with Batch if i was Buster.Hard to prove he wasn't fit to race,but I know what I think..

Holder is a different case.Refused to ride.I'd get rid now.Poole can have him after the 28 day ban he deserves.

He had a great night at Poole the night before,Showed them he can still do it,even though he's only on a 7 point ave now..Got a great reception so I hear.....Next night acts in a way that could and should of got him the sack.I'm sure that had nothing to do with his antics at Lynn and it was a just a case of lost gonads .......

Would always be dubious when taking on ex Poole riders, never know what deal Fraud has with them.

Andersen was lowering his average at Coventry all season to get back to Poole :o

I'm like that with Poole riders or having a Poole rider guest for you.Not saying anything dodgy is or has gone on,but it leaves me in doubt.

Fred . Poole managed well enough. For us it was a case of a rotten apple ruining the bunch. It was a grippy attackers track. It meant the riders had to work hard. Now we have all worked with people who play up in a self centred manor when they are asked to work hard. The track produced times in the low 58s fastest times of the year if you had the nuts for it.

People brought up with a good honest hard work ethic will find Wednesday unforgivable. People brought up with a moan bitchycomplain about everything background will probably side with the riders. But the times were fast. I hope we set it deep every week because with the right riders on a grippy home track we will win the league. The riders would be more used to it if they faced grip more often. Jack holder was good to prove that

Probably Jack is used to a grippy track because he rides for Peterborough.