British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

The plan from the promotion is to say nothing, take people's money on Wednesday , and don't give a toss what the fans think.

Hit the nail on it's unmissable fat fookin head.

If it was me I'd bin Porsing immediately with Simon giving us 10.30 ave

Todd Kurtz 5.54

Max Clegg 4.70

It's risky but we'll get nowhere without trying

Or maybe busy working on finding a replacement?

now that is funny I almost fell out my chair lol going on the past few seasons my guess they ain't got plan X- Y and Z let alone plan B-C or D I really hope the club prove me wrong but I doubt it . Over the past few season we needed a ruthless streak were team changes are concerned and we failed miserably on all counts . Let's hope this season they act - this season team is good but it needs 7 riders performing not 6 or 5 - when all 7 perform like in our last home meeting we look very impressive.

Possibly no Huckenbeck on Wednesday as well. Practice for SGP qualifier the following day.

What a **** day!!

talks of being breezy on Wednesday so maybe a call off ? Health and safety issues again

Possibly no Huckenbeck on Wednesday as well. Practice for SGP qualifier the following day.

What a **** day!!

Don't worry Trees will be sure they are working on a replacement for him too..

Anyone else believe in the guy with the white beard who wears a red suit :P

• Like 1

I'm sure Trees must be getting in free can't think why els she defends the club and sees no wrong - we are all fans and want the club to do well - but I'm not that blinkered that I go along with everything they do or say .

I just hope this season I'm proved wrong but I see a worrying trend that we've followed over the last few seasons that when they should act on the team the club bury there heads in the sand and carry on with what we got .

Sarcasm and all that

I'm sure the behind the scenes stuff isn't all a piece of cake .... you know better?

Sarcasm and all that

I'm sure the behind the scenes stuff isn't all a piece of cake .... you know better?

No I don't know better because the club haven't kept fans informed for a number of years now, this year they seem to have taken that to an even higher level.

There are many reasons I don't enjoy speedway so much nowadays, but rest assured when I do go it will not be to Lynn cos I do object to being treated like a mushroom.

To be quite honest until they wake up, smell the coffee and start to treat fans like the paying customers they are I can see Lynn speedway being finished within 5 years and that saddens me believe it or not.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

I'm sure Trees must be getting in free can't think why els she defends the club and sees no wrong - we are all fans and want the club to do well - but I'm not that blinkered that I go along with everything they do or say .

I just hope this season I'm proved wrong but I see a worrying trend that we've followed over the last few seasons that when they should act on the team the club bury there heads in the sand and carry on with what we got .

Isn't it funny how one can't just support the club without being accused of getting in free lol Wish you could look back at posts throughout the years, never mind, it's not worth it
  • Like 1

No I don't know better because the club haven't kept fans informed for a number of years now, this year they seem to have taken that to an even higher level.

There are many reasons I don't enjoy speedway so much nowadays, but rest assured when I do go it will not be to Lynn cos I do object to being treated like a mushroom.

To be quite honest until they wake up, smell the coffee and start to treat fans like the paying customers they are I can see Lynn speedway being finished within 5 years and that saddens me believe it or not.

too right I agree 100%- as I've said the track will soon be tarmac.

Went to Peterborough v Berwick yesterday.

Even though it was a dust bowl it's was the most I've enjoyed a league Speedway meeting in years.

My little 2yo girl loved it too, more than any meeting she's attended at King's Lynn.

I will never be a Panthers fan :nono: but I felt more VFM came from it so I've got some thinking to do for 2018.

That old feeling from our PL days came rolling back, rider's interaction with the supporters was there.

A couple of mascots my daughter could run up to and high 5 and cuddle.

It just felt like the fans that were in attendance meant something.

Isn't it funny how one can't just support the club without being accused of getting in free lol Wish you could look back at posts throughout the years, never mind, it's not worth it

well if you are 100% happy with everything Kings Lynn speedway you are very much in the minority'.
  • Like 2

I guess it's a balance re some info, tell people too early and they have more time to moan and complain, particularly on here. I dunno how long it takes to find a willing replacement on the correct average, in this particular instance, but perhaps if you're working yourself it's not a 5 min job? If the club had more fans and so a full time promoter/manager I dare say things may be easier, like a few years ago .... Oh for 3/4/5k fans

well if you are 100% happy with everything Kings Lynn speedway you are very much in the minority'.

I'm sure in private Trees has similar thoughts​to all of us but now the Supporters Club is firmly attached and in bed with the club.

I'm sure those running it have to tow the party line on all social media.

I honestly don't believe everything Trees says is always her actual opinion on matters but feels she has to be on the defensive.

Why do u think I'm helping to run the Supporters Club, obviously I wasn't happy! Of course there's more that could be done, we all know that!