British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Think it would need one or two good meetings from porsing in order to lift his average high enough to allow tungate in as a like for like swap when the new averages come out

Team average is 0.5 below the 42 points before last nights match.So i suppose you could re-declare the team with Tungate 5.09 for Porsing 4.75 if the rules allow.We haven't rode our 4th away match yet though.

Team average is 0.5 below the 42 points before last nights match.So i suppose you could re-declare the team with Tungate 5.09 for Porsing 4.75 if the rules allow.We haven't rode our 4th away match yet though.

Tungate did a lot of laps (with Robert Lambert) after last night's meeting

no mention of the points scored by the other Lambert yet though

Simon was the difference last night and my 'Man of the Meeting'

The 7 points he scored won us the meeting as the usual 0 from No7 would have seen the result a home draw

• Like 1

I feel Robert lambert should be doing better than he is

I do rate him but just feel he's rode Lynn Long enough and should atleast be beating Morris maybe notDoyle as he's best rider in the world

Yeah maybe but 10 + 1 was still good.....also I heard he was running in a new engine last night......

I also think PORSING should be doing better than he was.........Needs to pull his finger out of his backside......or out him an put Tungate in as he was looking pretty quick last night....

He has. That is why he will be a bargain when new averages come into effect

http://www.speedwaygb.co/somerset17

Yes apologies. I looked at that list before he'd done his final meeting and because its plastered along the top that the figures are 'unnofficial', whereas the official list still had him at 9.03 - I hadn't checked back on them since.

He will be a bargain as either a 2nd string or reserve on his 5.? average. Whether it'll be at Kings Lynn or elsewhere remains to be seen.

Myself i would be sorry to see Porsing go because I think he could be a much bigger scorer once he sorts out his trouble I don't know what he did last night for his last ride but he was a lot faster well under 60 seconds .

If its a straight swap between him and Tungate though? The decision is obvious, Tungate would improve the team no end, and would show the rest of the league we can be ruthless with team changes too, something which we have lacked in the past few seasons.

• Like 1

Yes he scored more than josh did and makes us stronger at home but my opinion of him won't ever change and that he's a poor rider and shouldn't be anywhere near a reserve spot as he's too old

Yes he scored more than josh did and makes us stronger at home but my opinion of him won't ever change and that he's a poor rider and shouldn't be anywhere near a reserve spot as he's too old

Yeah maybe but 10 + 1 was still good.....also I heard he was running in a new engine last night......

I also think PORSING should be doing better than he was.........Needs to pull his finger out of his backside......or out him an put Tungate in as he was looking pretty quick last night....

porsing should be doing way better than what he showing at the moment! As we all know he's capable of it

Bellago and BWD hadn't rode Lynn this year, but both were able to beat Porsing last night.....I have always warmed to Porsing and always thought he had the makings of a decent heatleader, but time moves on. When looking at the bigger picture, I don't think he is any different to the rider we first watched 4 yrs ago. Then he had potential, but blew hot and cold, What changes ?. In his first two rides last night, he was languishing at the back like a newcomer who didn't know the track . his set up was wrong, his bikes appeared slow and although he tried , he made little impression of passing the riders in front. He always has a reason why it happens, but the truth be known it happens every week. Surely he realises the situation. it's OK being a nice guy, someone with the right image to promote the sport in schools, but if you can't do the business on the track then its time to move over.....

I once saw him get an impressive maximum, but once a year is not enough.....

• Like 2

Robert Lambert scored 10+1 but said said he did not feel comfortable with hes setup last night.

So while everyone was packing the bikes away this young 19 year old lad went out and done some laps to try a some set ups in preparation for kings lynns next home meeting.

So a score of which any teenager riding in this country would be delighted with he still knows he ca do more and reacts to do something about it.

How after all this some fans can be critical of him is beyond me

• Like 5

We have - Rye, Somerset, Wolves, Swindon.

Anyone fancy a challenge...

We currently have a vacancy for a trainee track curator at the Adrian Flux Arena.

Although age is not an issue, the successful applicant must be a keen learner and will receive tuition from one of the most experienced track curators in the UK who is based on site.

You will need to be able to work flexible hours and reliability is vital.

A background in agriculture having worked on fields would be an advantage but is not necessary as training and support will be provided.

If you are interested in applying for this post, in the first case you should send an E Mail to Keith Chapman at kc@norfolkarena.co.uk including your CV if at hand and detailing any experience you have had and why you should be considered for this post.

We have - Rye, Somerset, Wolves, Swindon.

Sorry,should have made myself clearer.As a team we haven't completed our 4th match away.Huckenbeck,Holder and Bailey had only completed 3.Now with S.Lambert back in the team do we have to wait for him to complete 4H/4A.I wish the rules would be made clearer.

Robert Lambert scored 10+1 but said said he did not feel comfortable with hes setup last night.

So while everyone was packing the bikes away this young 19 year old lad went out and done some laps to try a some set ups in preparation for kings lynns next home meeting.

So a score of which any teenager riding in this country would be delighted with he still knows he ca do more and reacts to do something about it.

With you on that one, Robert is a winner 😁
  • Like 2

people are entitled to an opinion. He's a massive talent who could easily be a world champ but is also aloud to be criticised he should be beating everyone in the Swindon team except Doyle tbh