British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

They where some great times mate, remember the ice racing trip to Assen, when we had to leave a night club quickly as we was the only two white people in the place and I don't think we were suppose to be there lol, and then having to get up early to leave as the mini bus was in the middle of the market square with two rival football teams either side of square. Don't think the English flags helped lol

I can certainly remember that night club,bit scary really when you look back at it.Although we must have had a few by then so we may had been feeling a bit braver than we normally would have been.

Brilliant times,enjoyed my weekend trips to Gronigen for the Assen Ice Speedway.Remember beer mat flipping once with M.Loram in Tramps bar,i think it was called(Rusky will know).Was the hotel called the Dohlen(another one for Rusky).Great times and memories from some great trips abroad all thanks to the organisation and driving of our old friend Rusky.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

I can certainly remember that night club,bit scary really when you look back at it.Although we must have had a few by then so we may had been feeling a bit braver than we normally would have been.

Brilliant times,enjoyed my weekend trips to Gronigen for the Assen Ice Speedway.Remember beer mat flipping once with M.Loram in Tramps bar,i think it was called(Rusky will know).Was the hotel called the Dohlen(another one for Rusky).Great times and memories from some great trips abroad all thanks to the organisation and driving of our old friend Rusky.

We should get rusky to do a reunion trip ! Hopefully Rob Lyon won't nick my underwear if we did a reunion trip lol 😂 great times 👍 Edited by lynnboy

We should get rusky to do a reunion trip ! Hopefully Rob Lyon won't nick my underwear if we did a reunion trip lol great times

Now that would be fun :t:.Dads army revisited :lol:

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Yep the hotel was called the Hotel De Doelen, on the market square in Groningen. And yet again absolutely right Tellboy it was Tramps bar. Its a few years since I was there last but Tramps bar was closed then. Do you remember as well that Marky Boy was treated as a hero in some of the bars that we went in - remember him very well on the shoulders of some extremely tall Dutch lads (basketball team ?) in a bar with a very low timbered ceiling. Also remember he didn't see too much of the Sunday racing. I do remind him of that on the occassions that I see him.. :lol:

Of course currently there is no ice stadium at Assen, but i believe they are building a new one there.

And less of the old Tellboy..... just more experienced

It's great to have memories like that,because they were indeed some great times.Those Dutch lads were tall,but then they were all tall to me.I do remember Mark being asleep most of the time during Sunday's racing,he was sat in the seats on the start/finish line wasn't he.Obviously well hung-over from the night before.Marky boy,i haven't heard that in quite some time.

Edited by tellboy

I'd stick with Josh over knight.

He will have the better career in this sport and seems committed, unlike Knight.

neither are good enough- I've said right since the club announced Bailey the no7 position was just to make the numbers up and pick up given points .

• 2 weeks later...

Huckenbeck, Holder and Bailey have 1 away meeting but the others, the averages below will be their new averages.

Lambert 7.89

Batchelor 7.89

Holder 6.53

Huckenbeck 5.94

Rose 5.50

Porsing 4.75

Bailey 2.00

Total 40.50

With the revised 42 limit we can only replace Bailey with a 3.50 rider.

With the improvement in Huckenbeck and Holder's form that 3.50 will be even less.

As a team manager, I'd be ruthless now and replace Porsing and Bailey.

Giving us 10.30 for 2 replacements now for me is a better option than waiting for Porsing to drop 2 points off his average, this would leave us with 8.25 to replace both.

• Like 2

With the improvement in Huckenbeck and Holder's form that 3.50 will be even less.

Giving us 10.30 for 2 replacements now for me is a better option than waiting for Porsing to drop 2 points off his average, this would leave us with 8.25 to replace both.

The Managers at Lynn can be many things, but ruthless is not one of them. 'Striking while the iron is hot' is the attribute of an astute Manager. Teams like Wolves have shown that you need to be abreast with the rules to make them work for you. Waiting around and opportunities can be lost...

Now that the season is in full swing, most of the riders are fulfilling their potential we all thought they would, with the exception of Porsing. Like you I have been disappointed with his scores and expected better. But saying that I don't feel it would be the right move to swap him... He has so much more to give and is a capable rider. Probably a spell in the reserve berth will relight his fire s and kick on to become the race winner he can be.... Going on your figures above, I think it would be very hard to replace Porsing with a rider whose average fits or one with the same potential . We have time on our side at the moment as the PO are not the be all at present.... I'm sure once Porsing gets dialled in he will be as productive as the other riders...

The BSPA made the reserves positions a joke.. Riders like .Bailey never had a chance, he was only there to make the numbers up.. ( It annoys so much that riders are invited in then dropped to suit the men in charge...They were always going to be out of their depth).... Bailey will now be replaced by another who obviously has more experience to cope. with the pressures of riding in the Premiership. I think having one strong reserve and one weaker has advantages over 2 mediocre ones.

I am not at all sure that Porsing has much more to offer on a consistent basis. He has had flashes of brilliance - in fact I nicknamed him Turbo Porsing for those surges out of the second bend. He may be a decent second string but is prone to being very inconsistent. We will see if the management can be ruthless when necessary.

The Managers at Lynn can be many things, but ruthless is not one of them. 'Striking while the iron is hot' is the attribute of an astute Manager. Teams like Wolves have shown that you need to be abreast with the rules to make them work for you. Waiting around and opportunities can be lost...

Now that the season is in full swing, most of the riders are fulfilling their potential we all thought they would, with the exception of Porsing. Like you I have been disappointed with his scores and expected better. But saying that I don't feel it would be the right move to swap him... He has so much more to give and is a capable rider. Probably a spell in the reserve berth will relight his fire s and kick on to become the race winner he can be.... Going on your figures above, I think it would be very hard to replace Porsing with a rider whose average fits or one with the same potential . We have time on our side at the moment as the PO are not the be all at present.... I'm sure once Porsing gets dialled in he will be as productive as the other riders...

The BSPA made the reserves positions a joke.. Riders like .Bailey never had a chance, he was only there to make the numbers up.. ( It annoys so much that riders are invited in then dropped to suit the men in charge...They were always going to be out of their depth).... Bailey will now be replaced by another who obviously has more experience to cope. with the pressures of riding in the Premiership. I think having one strong reserve and one weaker has advantages over 2 mediocre ones.

I'd say Niklas has been a little disappointing so far but there is a good rider in there somewhere and a spell at reserve might kick start his season.

Whilst I understand where you're both coming from the problem is, it looks like we'll need to replace 2 to get a half decent No7.

We not really going to get much improvement in the team by just replacing Bailey.

For me, Porsing makes far more sense to let go for the greater good.

Huckenbeck, Holder and Bailey have 1 away meeting but the others, the averages below will be their new averages.

Lambert 7.89

Batchelor 7.89

Holder 6.53

Huckenbeck 5.94

Rose 5.50

Porsing 4.75

Bailey 2.00

Total 40.50

Still got a bit of time before our next away meeting when Bailey,Holder and Huckenbeck will get their averages.But like you said we are going to need to replace 2 riders and at this time it has to be Porsing with Bailey.Incidentally when they do that last away match,don't the new averages not kick in for a week thus allowing you the extra 7 days to make changes on the old averages for those 3 riders?

Tungate would be a good start in my eyes and maybe Starke.

Edited by tellboy