British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Just before the SGP in Cardiff - surprised its only been confirmed now as was being talked about openly at the time

Not against your team - except L.Bjerre and Hansen think we could do better. Plus 3 Danes - are we Wednesday track or Thursday. Problem Danes Wednesdays- King Ipswich on a Thursday. Are we going to be dictated to re our race night by the no.1. We know what happened this year. Personally I'd go for - if I could : MJJ-Porsing-King-Kerr-Rose possibly Batch if some one kicked him up the arse and then one other 6.5pointer. You wonder where's Lambert - Poole. He's greedy only interested in money. And Ford is going to make an offer he can't refuse.

Good for Lambert if that's the case as we know, Speedway can be a short career and if someone is willing to pay silly money you have to take it

Just before the SGP in Cardiff - surprised its only been confirmed now as was being talked about openly at the time

Not against your team - except L.Bjerre and Hansen think we could do better. Plus 3 Danes - are we Wednesday track or Thursday. Problem Danes Wednesdays- King Ipswich on a Thursday. Are we going to be dictated to re our race night by the no.1. We know what happened this year. Personally I'd go for - if I could : MJJ-Porsing-King-Kerr-Rose possibly Batch if some one kicked him up the arse and then one other 6.5pointer. You wonder where's Lambert - Poole. He's greedy only interested in money. And Ford is going to make an offer he can't refuse.

MJJ will never be committed to British speedway ....

Will hate to see him in Poole colours though

Yeah me too, I understand Lamberts plight, and also the possibility of him earning big bucks, but surely if we allow him too leave it really dampens any hope we have in appealing to lost supporters....or success. Buster need to up his game to acquire sponsorship purposely to finance a Lambert deal . If he agrees to let Robert go then Buster may as well shut up shop.... Robert Lambert is that important......

• Like 1

For god's sake, born and bred in Norfolk, he's gotta stay with the club surely, such a racer and entertainer, he was voted by the fans, almost a clean sweep, they love him.

OK so I want him to stay grounded, he's not a GP Star yet, he's on his way but hell I want him to stay a Star.

Poole may offer him a deal he can't refuse, plus he'd be with Aussie mates!

true but we have one thing going for us our main sponsor is Troy sponsor .
Not persuaded him before ...... we'll see, hopefully sooner rather than later 😊 Edited by Trees

King 9.57

Kerr 6.16

Lambert 8.76

Holder 7.16

Batchelor 7.36

Rose 5.86

Huckenbeck 5.13

Solid team and nice use of the pts limit, but surely holder will be at poole? K bjerre for holder and downgrade kerr/rose?

they have no right to stop riders earning money and that's why it won't happen if it's challenged in a court it would be illegal -

from what I hear reverting back to Wednesday nights is most likely .

Really? Can you quote the law you think is being broken?

My employment contract prevents me from working for anyone else without my employers permission. A contractor surely has less rights. they are offered a contract for 200k with condition that they exclusively (or semi exclusively) work for that entity for a defined period of time. what do u think is illegal about that offer?

If you take your logic to the extreme, it would be illegal for kings lynn to stop one of its riders signing a contract to also ride for poole.

Solid team and nice use of the pts limit, but surely holder will be at poole? K bjerre for holder and downgrade kerr/rose?

Really? Can you quote the law you think is being broken?

My employment contract prevents me from working for anyone else without my employers permission. A contractor surely has less rights. they are offered a contract for 200k with condition that they exclusively (or semi exclusively) work for that entity for a defined period of time. what do u think is illegal about that offer?

If you take your logic to the extreme, it would be illegal for kings lynn to stop one of its riders signing a contract to also ride for poole.

how can anyone stop someone who is self employed earning a living ? a brick layer or a plumber perhaps has 2 or 3 jobs going at the same time it's no different - if a rider challenged this rule in a court it get thrown out .