British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Robert Lambert is in a unque position where he could be top dog for this club for many years too come. Having ridden most of his professional life at Lynn he muxt be aware of the set up, the track, and have a massive connection with the fans as well as management. The ball is in his court. he can take this opportunity with both hands and rule supreme for the coming years getting maximum exposure for the world to take note or he can prioritise the finance involved and follow the pound signs .

For him to get noticed as a world class star he is, he has to concentrate on his racing, and there're no better tracks to do it than at Saddlebow Road..... The choice is his.........

• Like 1

For him to get noticed as a world class star he is, he has to concentrate on his racing, and there're no better tracks to do it than at Saddlebow Road..... The choice is his.........

Belle Vue & Somerset are the best 2 tracks in the Premiership.

Leicester has had reshape so we'll see how that performs but the new shape looks good.

Saddlebow race circuit has slipped big time over the last few years and become more gate and go

• Like 1

Belle Vue & Somerset are the best 2 tracks in the Premiership.

Leicester has had reshape so we'll see how that performs but the new shape looks good.

Saddlebow race circuit has slipped big time over the last few years and become more gate and go

Take it you don't go to Scunthorpe much then!

So we've agreed to go to Somerset without our no1! You couldn't make it up .

It is probably their way of levelling up the sides...... When you consider we have less SGP riders than ever before in our league it wouldn't have taken Einstein long to work around the fact on GP weekends some teams are going to be a man short. The point that there is a replacement facility is pointless as all the equivalent riders will be unavailable as well ...

Like you say you couldn't make it up.......

It is probably their way of levelling up the sides...... When you consider we have less SGP riders than ever before in our league it wouldn't have taken Einstein long to work around the fact on GP weekends some teams are going to be a man short. The point that there is a replacement facility is pointless as all the equivalent riders will be unavailable as well ...

Like you say you couldn't make it up.......

So, why will the equivalent to Holder be missing too?

Only Lindgren is in the SGP that could come in as Doyle's average is to high.

Somerset V King's Lynn is the only Premiership fixture on that night.

I don't see a problem with the fixture arrangement at all.

Danny I think the point GRW is making is there are non GP weekends when Holder would be available, as you say there not many GP riders in the UK this season so it makes no sense for any team to go without their GP rider.

Then they wonder why fans turn their back on the sport.

Danny I think the point GRW is making is there are non GP weekends when Holder would be available, as you say there not many GP riders in the UK this season so it makes no sense for any team to go without their GP rider.

Then they wonder why fans turn their back on the sport.

So pleased you get the obvious point. There are many clubs who don't have SGP riders that could have facilitated that weekend. Why not race against the Stars on a non-GP weekend. Common sense really...

Don't worry about Danny Smith, he always disagree with everything I post :t:

So pleased you get the obvious point. There are many clubs who don't have SGP riders that could have facilitated that weekend. Why not race against the Stars on a non-GP weekend. Common sense really...

Don't worry about Danny Smith, he always disagree with everything I post :t:

Do I :unsure:

My opinion is it doesn't matter.

Nothing to do with who says it does matter.

All that matters for me is Holder should be available for all home fixtures.

Guests are part of Speedway, we should be used to it by now as it's always been that way.

The only way to fix the issue is to go to fixed race nights

Indeed. The website says that Lynn were always aware that Holder would be absent for one of their OTA visits, it would be nice to have an explanation why that's the case.

Speedway has plenty of issues but for me absent riders due to fixture clashes is the biggest.

At a time when fans are at a all time low, the bosses should be concentrating on giving the fans the real deal. Somerset is a long way to travel, but the few Kings Lynn fans aren't going to support a team when missing their star rider. The home team will also feel hard done by missing out on the chance of seeing one of the few SGP riders racing in our league , when arranging this meeting on a non-SGP weekend would have been a simple answer. The SGP calender has been out for some time, the Friday track of Coventry is not running this year leaving Somerset and Leicester as the only issues. and still we have to arrange this meeting on a day that clashes with a GP.

And we wonder why fans turn their back on the sport...........Amazing :nono::nono:

• Like 2