British Speedway Forum

Just watched this after Facebook doing that annoying live thing they have started doing spoiled the fact I knew Zmarzlik & Hancock made the final. Entire evening soured by the fact that the rider that most deserves to be World Champion this year probably won't be due to injury. And I'm not Doyle fan.

Lindgren was at fault for the crash not Harris.

Glad Iversen won. He's been my favourite GP rider in recent years, that should mean he will get a spot next year. Another good night for Zagar. Are they relying on a Wild Card or can both overhaul the atrocious Janowski & Lindback in Australia? I used to be of the opinion that the older riders started the season in better form than the youngsters but the youngsters come good at the end. This year is different with Zagar & Iversen finally coming to the party as Janowski fades. If they do overhaul him in Australia I will be surprised if Janowski get a Permanent Wild Card spot. Hampel surely deserves a spot after his year out with injury.

Zmarzlik, Dudek & Pawlicki are in. For sure. Do the GP's need another Pole in Janowski who was overtaken by the pretty useless Harris this evening?

May open the door for another Dane. Pedersen, I hope not Bjerre. MJJ was god tonight. Or will it save Lindback who has been useless since the SWC.

Can Woffinden hold off Zmarzlik & Holder for bronze? Or Silver, if Doyle can't ride.

Edited by Col

Woffy is not mixing it in the 1st corners these days,his bikes are either not getting set-ups right or other tuners have caught up with Johns.

Spot on, certainly the latter half of this season he's relied on making the cutback when missing the gate or else hasn't got involved, last year he seemed to have the speed to just line the opponents up over a couple of laps and pass them at will, it was great to watch as you could almost witness his racing brain working the move.

Such a shame we only have one true contender from these shores, oh for the days when we had 4 or 5 World Finalists on a regular basis. Here's hoping Rob Lambert can make some big strides next season and get himself noticed.

Woffy is not mixing it in the 1st corners these days,his bikes are either not getting set-ups right or other tuners have caught up with Johns.

Or the others have just upped their game ,if it is tuning then what a sad state of affairs it is when one of the most skillful riders in the world is not able to show us his true talents !!!

Edited by FAST GATER

I would say that Greg still being fit to ride has more to do with him realising that there are 4 laps in a race and having real skill and racecraft .rather riding like a maniac and risking himself and everyone else in the process ..

Yeah like he took 4 laps to wipe out Andreas in Sweden recently oh and how about wiping Doyle out in last years Etihad final?

Or the others have just upped their game ,if it is tuning then what a sad state of affairs it is when one of the most skillful riders in the world is not able to show us his true talents !!!

A few have upped their game but he seems to be struggling for speed,he is not making lightning starts like he used too though.He is class on a bike though.Was impressed with the young Polish wildcard very smooth on the bike.

A few have upped their game but he seems to be struggling for speed,he is not making lightning starts like he used too though.He is class on a bike though.Was impressed with the young Polish wildcard very smooth on the bike.

Don't tell me it's the BEL factor again?

Guest GiveusaB

Hancock took full advantage of Doyles misfortune and fair play to him! Mr consistent and a worthy world champion imo!

I hate to see anyone get injured, but its happened to Greg in the past too!!!

I really didnt want an Aussie to win it anyhow! (bit immature of me, but they're full of it at times!)

Hancock took full advantage of Doyles misfortune and fair play to him! Mr consistent and a worthy world champion imo!

I hate to see anyone get injured, but its happened to Greg in the past too!!!

When? Greg's not been injured to lose a world title as he! As Pearson keep pointing out he's only ever missed 1 GP because of injury and he won the title that season anyway!

From my point of view it was an unfortunate 1st bend crash. Lindgren lifted yes, but Harris did collide with Doyle ....some say the referee made a correct decision. Anyway, SGP is a hard competition. Remember last years Melbourne GP, Doyle against Hancock ... Lindgren rode hard but not unfair in my opinion. You cannot compare him to many of N. Pedersen kamikaze-actions (check the video of Pardubice, how he ran straight into Sayfutdinov, that one looked really brainless ! ) Doyle is a great rider but this season he took often many risks in passing and succeed. The air fence should really be improved asap, that seems to be the most important conclusion. About Woffy and which rider you can't trust, he did not mention his name. Anyway, speedy recovery to Jason Doyle.

Anyone interested to check Freddie Lindgrens riding, have a look at the runoff from the SGP challenge Vetlanda, right at the end of this good quality video from the FIM an enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufcubTLDSP0

• Like 1

From my point of view it was an unfortunate 1st bend crash. Lindgren lifted yes, but Harris did collide with Doyle ....some say the referee made a correct decision. Anyway, SGP is a hard competition. Remember last years Melbourne GP, Doyle against Hancock ... Lindgren rode hard but not unfair in my opinion. You cannot compare him to many of N. Pedersen kamikaze-actions (check the video of Pardubice, how he ran straight into Sayfutdinov, that one looked really brainless ! ) Doyle is a great rider but this season he took often many risks in passing and succeed. The air fence should really be improved asap, that seems to be the most important conclusion. About Woffy and which rider you can't trust, he did not mention his name. Anyway, speedy recovery to Jason Doyle.

Anyone interested to check Freddie Lindgrens riding, have a look at the runoff from the SGP challenge Vetlanda, right at the end of this good quality video from the FIM an enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufcubTLDSP0

I must have missed that on the 1st bend.