British Speedway Forum

2017 Potential Signings

AJ would be at Coventry before us surely? Unless there was falling out somewhere?

AJ's loyalty to Lakeside is commendable and given that he is a Bees asset just goes to show he will do whatever is right for him.

Still find it odd he chooses Lakeside over his parent club but get that he has ties there.

AJ's loyalty to Lakeside is commendable and given that he is a Bees asset just goes to show he will do whatever is right for him.

Still find it odd he chooses Lakeside over his parent club but get that he has ties there.

Easier to get in and out of the country from that part of the country. I think he would consider Cov if we put an offer in. A lot of Bees fans are still big fans of him.

• Like 1

AJ was wanted by Poole but Lakeside has first go at him because of asset.

He is not a Lakeside asset

He said years ago that the only British club he wants to ride for is Lakeside and so far that has proved to be the case despite the fact that every EL club had an interest in him at the start of this season. As you say he has ties there as well. He has always got on very well with Jon Cook and Stuart Douglas.

Well looks like lakeside will be looking for a new no1

next season as looks to me by the comments on the website

that the management are not to happy that aj has give all his

equipment back to his sponsors hagon and handed his kelvars

back. Be a shame if so as I like aj and there is nothing better

than seeing him bomb round the outside at the raceway.

Back to this year any thoughts who could be lined up in

the 7 day transfer window if we make the playoffs?.

I think he said on his website that he woukd be out for 6-8 weeks. Effectively that means his British season is over. There is some suggestion that he may ride in the GP on 24th Sept, which may or may not prove to be the case, but riders, ride in GP's when they are not fully fit. I don't think he will be doing any other leagues though.

Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 1

he did say he would ride for cov or Lakeside depended who made the right offer in the winter think it was in s/s

Do you seriously think Kasprzak comes any cheaper ?

• Like 1

I think the verbal 'kick up the backside' by Matt Ford to the Poole side after the Swindon away defeat (plus KK's guest performance against BV) has had the most 'positive' effect on Chris Holder's performances since!!

Whether its enough for a team place next year we'll have to wait until the play-offs are over to see.

Edited by Skidder1

I think the verbal 'kick up the backside' by Matt Ford to the Poole side after the Swindon away defeat (plus KK's guest performance against BV) has had the most 'positive' effect on Chris Holder's performances since!!

Whether its enough for a team place next year we'll have to wait until the play-offs are over to see.

Oh so it's a case of whether Matt wants him in the team not that Chris wants to leave then!