British Speedway Forum

Scorpions 2017

You have to remember though Berge will do a couple of meetings then drop down a 4.00 average, meaning you'll have to plan another signing as that will be nearly 3 points spare, got let that go a miss IMO

Will probably ride too that 4.00 average if his stint at Berwick is any thing to go by.

Berge to fill in for Auty then Nielsen to come back when fit at the expense of another rider.

If we do a full team re-declaration, I think we need 2 riders who are eligible or who have ridden in the NL(old Conference League) We have just lost 2 in Auty & Bailey.

If we do a full team re-declaration what's the total team average we are working to 42?

Guest Scunny2012

Will probably ride too that 4.00 average if his stint at Berwick is any thing to go by.

Berge was highly competitive when he guested for Scunny a few weeks back and when he rode for Sheffield last year, can't be any worse than Douglas at the moment.

Edited by Scunny2012

If we do a full team re-declaration what's the total team average we are working to 42?

stays at 40 all season.

Initial set of regulations did state BOTH leagues would have a redeclaration limit at 42 but this apparently was a mistake.

A supplementry reg was then issued clarifying this was in fact Prem only and Championship would remain 40

Matej Kus - star man at Berwick then star man at Redcar and not to shabby at Newcastle, if fact did so well that his average cost him a place

was it his average, he was great/good at home but shabby away,,, that might have swung it, unless it was something else ?

stays at 40 all season.

Initial set of regulations did state BOTH leagues would have a redeclaration limit at 42 but this apparently was a mistake.

A supplementry reg was then issued clarifying this was in fact Prem only and Championship would remain 40

Lets face it they have made a total pigs ear of it this year(as most years)and are in deep Sh#t.Who cares anymore.

Is he fit? I'm sure I read on here he broke his leg.

yes he had a video on fb last week practising and looking for a team place in uk

What about dropping Douglas too? Personally don't see what all the hype Scunthorpe have about him, yes he has had a few injuries since he has been over here but he looks pretty average in my opinion

To balance you comment; it may well be that Ryan moves on to develop his career; but just you watch when he does we'll be looking at it and questioning why we let him go. He has it in his locker to be another off the Aussie production line of top riders he just needs to believe in himself more. Not sure how much riding the GTR has come into this; only Ryan & his team can tell us that ?. Its confidence is speedway; when you have it you can beat them all when your running low; it drags you down.

Edited by the outsider

I remember being at Sheffield when Brady Kurtz ran Ryan into the fence at turn one, i think he broke his leg and dislocated his hip, i don't think he's been the rider he can be since then, he came back from the injury and used the inside line quite a lot, when he actually used to use all the track before the injury.

So yes, confidence must play a major role.

Edited by sharpandroid

Ryan might just need to follow the likes of the Worrall twins and Thomas Jørgensen move away from Scunny get some track time elsewhere and further his career perhaps even return to Scunthorpe in the future.

You could even use MPT as an example he left Scunthorpe rode for a different team for a while came back and now look at him he's a lot better then he was first time round minus the spell at reserve in 2012

I remember being at Sheffield when Brady Kurtz ran Ryan into the fence at turn one, i think he broke his leg and dislocated his hip, i don't think he's been the rider he can be since then, he came back from the injury and used the inside line quite a lot, when he actually used to use all the track before the injury.

So yes, confidence must play a major role.

Yeah it's crossed my mind about that; he was quoted as saying that when he came back after that injury he took a more 'cautious' approach to his racing and more along the lines of; was it necessary to go for the gap now; or weigh it up first?. That's not a bad idea to be fair; but so often its the gambles that pay the dividends in races; and racers will out. If you try to reign it in; very often the opportunity is gone. If you have been out injured when you do comeback you want to stay fit; because you want to ride. So no criticism from me for Ryan; we want to see him on track. He'll get it sorted he's a racer.

I was at Redcar & spoke to Ryan in the pits & he said that they(he & his mechanic) are still work in progress. Dave Peet said to us that Ryan just has to believe in himself again. Going by those comments then I would assume that he is still trying with the GTR & has to believe in his backroom staff.

Reece was a big loss as he was well respected by other riders & in demand whenever he was free but he has now moved on to pastures new to the top end doing Sweden, Poland & the GP's