British Speedway Forum

Scorpions 2017

• 2 weeks later...
It is a surprise that JB is stepping down but it's looked tough for him at times and he probably isn't 100% fit from his collarbone injury. Speedway is a confidence game and if your a bit low it can bite you back on track. Sure that's not the end of Josh on the speedways. Bit of time out; some none pressure 'leisure time' on the bike and sure he can get back and push forward. As from who comes in at Scunny ? Got to be a young 2-3pt riders few about but we need one who can get his average not many of the calibre of Redcars Ellis Parks sat on the fence ?

Ben Morley Lakeside with a 8+ NL average and experience at this level?

Edited by the outsider

Didn't see that one coming! Sad that josh has retired but probably has reached his peak.

All the best to Josh in whatever he does and hope Scunny can find a replacement.

Hansen is free......

Hansen would openly admit that Scunthorpe is a track that he doesn't usually do well on (amongst other tracks of course) but I do hope he gets fixed up somewhere and gets settled down , on his day he can be a joy to watch sadly it wasn't to be at Peterborough . Good luck Kenneth.

Didn't see that one coming! Sad that josh has retired but probably has reached his peak.

All the best to Josh in whatever he does and hope Scunny can find a replacement.

Hansen is free......

Not for one minute do I believe Josh is lost to speedway for good ?. Surely he has invested too much of himself and financially over the years just to call it quits for ever. He's a racer and is actually when it boils down to it a very good rider on his day. But he is at this moment out of form and probably after numerous injuries feeling done with the sport right now Speedway cannot afford to be saying bye to riders like Josh Auty he is an entertainer; and we at Scunthorpe know only too well how he has served up the thrills down the years So no; I don't see this as the end of Josh in speedway this is a hiatus to a time when he feels the pressure is off and he can get back to enjoying his racing again. Personally I would like to thank Josh for all his racing efforts he was is and always will be a club legend at Scunthorpe and rightly so. Good luck Josh and thank you

Where do we go from here ? Hard to be clear but with Peterborough bringing in Chris Harris, Berwick bringing in the Premier League No 3 rider Nick Morris I think we need to try for a bonefide No1. I would try for Pooles Brady Kurtz or dare I say it Sonersets 2015 No 1 Aussue Rohan Tungate ! is available I know controversial or what?

Edited by the outsider