British Speedway Forum

Scorpions 2017

It is unfortunate for Josh as I think he would have liked to still be racing in both leagues for finances & match sharpness. His lack of availability was the reason given for the change & that was down to our fixtures. As it seems, Rob wanted to get a lot of meetings in early so we would be the first to make changes if required(as it was, we did) & the meetings we raced away at coincided with being similar race nights to Leicester.

It is unfortunate for Josh as I think he would have liked to still be racing in both leagues for finances & match sharpness. His lack of availability was the reason given for the change & that was down to our fixtures. As it seems, Rob wanted to get a lot of meetings in early so we would be the first to make changes if required(as it was, we did) & the meetings we raced away at coincided with being similar race nights to Leicester.

Thank you for explaining; that makes a bit more sense of things; because it seemed a bit harsh to me on the face of it. Hope he still gets his chance in the Prem and I think he will.

• Like 1

Guest Scunny2012

Stefan has signed for the rest of the season, not as temporary cover,Rob has said and written that he hasnt given up on Fritz so maybe another change is due?

Other than an injury the only one to be replaced would be Wilkinson but 9 points in the British semi final might be an upturn in form.

Wilko is Wilko, Mr Dependable. For some reason, at his age, he has improved by him being in the old EL league, whether that was because of more meetings, learning off the better riders or more money meaning he could improve his equipment, I don't know.

This year, however, he started off scoring well as riding with Ryan, who was riding with new engines trying to get the right set ups, Wilko was racking up the points. Now riding with MPT, his scores have decreased & expectedly so. What I find hard to father out is why he rides the inside so much now plus we are normally guaranteed 1st or 2nd in heat 8. It is, also, worth noting that I have not seen him with a mechanic much so is looking after his bikes himself.

Can Fritz ride at 7?

I think the answer is yes.

Initial declaration had to have Brit at 7 in averages. There after just 2 Brits with no specification of position.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tero's coming in on a 28 day contract to cover for Stefan Nielsen. It is a win-win for both parties. It helps Scunthorpe put out a team without having to rely on guests, while it gives Tero a foot in the door, as he's been chasing a contract in England throughout the winter and the start of the season.