British Speedway Forum

Poole V Kings Lynn Elb. 7/09/16

I agree. King's Lynn are heavily depleted with poorer guests whilst Poole have out of form riders replaced by riders in form.

Poole should be looking to hit 60 tonight.

I'm not sure how sky are going to make it sound or look exciting. Think I would give it a miss if not for Harris

So there's the potential for at least 5 good races without considering any other riders. I'd say it's worth the effort of switching on the tv, unless you're not allowed near it when Bake Off is showing.

So there's the potential for at least 5 good races without considering any other riders. I'd say it's worth the effort of switching on the tv, unless you're not allowed near it when Bake Off is showing.

I can see this being so one sided. King's Lynn even have a guest manager.

As for the bake off, I have no interest in Mary or her soggy bottoms 😜

Firstly, can I say I have no quarms with Poole Speedway or Matt Ford for getting guests that strengthen his side. This evening's one sided situation is totally down to Kings Lynn Speedway and the BSPA. Kings Lynn for the 'Couldn't care less attitude' and the BSPA for the downright stupid rules that they have introduced into this sport. Never , in all the years have I witnessed such short sightedness in everything they do.

Once upon a time we had rider control, to ensure the equality between the sides. We had match averages that illustrated the riders ability. and we had team strength that was comparable with each other. Now we have stupid lists made up of heat leaders on fictitious averages, we have protected heats to give unfair races, We have EDR's on a fabricated PL lists, who swap places with heat leader, when their averages fit the bill.

It is no wonder the sport is in the depths of despair, I can understand why people stay away. I feel sorry for the fans who are expected to go and support this rubbish. I've got no sympathy for the Sky, they should be doing far more than they are at present. No way should they be promoting matches like this, giving some the impression that all matches are one sided affairs. The Wolves V Stars meeting last week projected a terrible image....

I'm afraid, that until the 'powers at B' take their heads out of the sand, it will continue this downhill spiral.

• Like 3

Steve comes on and lets everyone know that Poole were the big underdogs V Wolves on Monday and that they will do well to make a match of it....

however, KL fans say exactly the same thing and....

it's poor old Poole again! The bookies favourites are clearly disadvantaged and this will now be a close match. Tungate and Kennett have never ridden the track before and should help even the sides up and PUK is a very minor loss for the Stars. Admittedly Harris rides Poole well, particularly when he has been run over first, however, I cant believe KL fans would swap the two over.

The fact that KL have Branford and Wilkinson at reserve should help keep it close against the former GP star and Number 1 draft rider from last season..

This must be the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel...

Don't take any notice of what SS says...he is over the moon and posts match reports when we win, but when we lose he sulks and goes quiet.

I can see why people think you and Gavan are the same person. The programmes, including the latest one, 2nd September list the officials and state both Kelvin and Jon Cook as team managers. To all intents and purposes Kelvin is the one that does the job when he is available, otherwise it's Jon Cook, and as I said, on one occasion Paul Hurry. The coach part is in addition.

So you're saying that Lakesides OWN official web site is wrong? In addition, Kelvin has been described as 'coach' not manager many times on Sky and BSPA news articles etc.

I was trying to help the poster that asked the question so there's no need to be so hostile!

Edited by chris4gillian

Sky have covered some cracking meetings this year and the playoffs, the meetings that really matter will be the usual Thrillers.

Anyway, anything less than a perfect track and Holder will stage a one man protest so who knows...... might not be a trouncing after all.

Holder definitely won't be taking any risks tonight!

Nope, it's the sign of a childish supporter. But that's only my opinion of course.

There is a fine line, I think. Everyone hates their team to lose.

Sky all set up just had a chat with Kelvin he reckons Poole by 20. Not a big crowd here.

Tungate guests for Poole at Belle Vue and Kings Lynn.

Did you ask him if he's Lakesides Team Manager or Coach? :lol:

Holder definitely won't be taking any risks tonight!

There is a fine line, I think. Everyone hates their team to lose.

Agreed, but I don't lose any sleep over it or get grumpy as there's a hell of a lot more to life.

Sky have covered some cracking meetings this year and the playoffs, the meetings that really matter will be the usual Thrillers.

Anyway, anything less than a perfect track and Holder will stage a one man protest so who knows...... might not be a trouncing after all.

Probably a two man protest as Batch is there :wink: