British Speedway Forum

Poole V Kings Lynn Elb. 7/09/16

The more poole are shown the more we realise what a terrible state British speedway is in. One side struggling to put a team out against a manipulative management in middleditch and ford.

Dont the smug arrogant poole fans realise that their teams management are killing speedway perhaps forever and sky might well pull the plug on showing boring meetings like this was. Or as I think they dont

care as long as they win by 30+ every meeting.

Couldn't let this one go by.

I think most Lynn fans would kill for a management team like Middlo and Ford this season.

I suggest you read a few Lynn home match threads and see how many meetings there are described as boring. Last night was better than many Sky meetings (admittedly due to MPT) and better than those shown from Lynn this season?

Sky not picking the best meetings - yep their track record isn't good but that's hardly the fault of Poole.

• Like 7

Couldn't let this one go by.

I think most Lynn fans would kill for a management team like Middlo and Ford this season.

I suggest you read a few Lynn home match threads and see how many meetings there are described as boring. Last night was better than many Sky meetings (admittedly due to MPT) and better than those shown from Lynn this season?

Sky not picking the best meetings - yep their track record isn't good but that's hardly the fault of Poole.

Completely agree, I think most clubs would like a Middleditch/Ford at their clubs.

Can't disagree with that but your post is very detailed and well in the know about the King's Lynn management and their whereabouts, so I would presume you have something to do with the management to know both were away.

You don't have to answer my question, but I have seen a few posts regarding the legality of the Kings Lynn team in relation to Kai Huckenbeck and the rules set by the BSPA which according to a poster was broken. Do you have any comment or stance on this report as I think personally think people have a right to know if rules are being broken or is the poster incorrect.

Sorry no I don't know if Lynn have broken any rules re Kai. The rules are so bloody complicated, I wonder if anyone does understand them. I do know as Nicklas Porsing manager that, Lakeside accused Lynn of breaking the rules by using Nick at No.2 last week. So I understand they wanted a re-run of meeting. It was pointed out to them if they had a re-run and Nick was at 6 (where they thought he should be ) then instead of the 9+1 he scored, at No.6 he may have scored a max 15 and that would have scuppered the away point they got. They decided they didn't want the re-run (funny that !!) Next Tuesday at Lynn Nick will ride

See your attitude is like ALL the poole fans, NEVER our fault always someone elses. No wonder I call call you all smug and arrogant.

Why is it poole's fault that Lynn couldn't put a team together. Everyone knew that Harris was crooked. Why did they book him ?

I know. Next time the pirates are on a 5-1 one of the riders will slow down to give the other team a chance .... There, feel better now ?

• Like 4

So a decent crowd with standing ovations for riders from both teams all got it wrong then?!

Exactly. Ford is 100% panto villain and everyone other than Poole fans want to see the smug look wiped off his face, but ffs how can anyone criticise his promotion of his team or the fact that Poole are run on succesful lines. In any sport you will get top vs bottom mismatches like this meeting. And yet there was a good crowd and plenty to enjoy. FFS blame whoever you like but we have a wide open playoff situation impending with Woffinden, Holder, hopefully Doyle, etc.

Middlo manages to LOOK like a manager and the team LOOK like a professional sports team. Compare that to, say, Coventry.

I watch a lot of speedway and last night came across well on TV. Sky's presentation was absolutely top notch and it looked and sounded like an exciting place to be.

Why not blame the promoters who make hee haw effort and are happy to have a virtually empty stadium on Sky.

• Like 4

Exactly. Ford is 100% panto villain and everyone other than Poole fans want to see the smug look wiped off his face, but ffs how can anyone criticise his promotion of his team or the fact that Poole are run on succesful lines. In any sport you will get top vs bottom mismatches like this meeting. And yet there was a good crowd and plenty to enjoy. FFS blame whoever you like but we have a wide open playoff situation impending with Woffinden, Holder, hopefully Doyle, etc.

Middlo manages to LOOK like a manager and the team LOOK like a professional sports team. Compare that to, say, Coventry.

I watch a lot of speedway and last night came across well on TV. Sky's presentation was absolutely top notch and it looked and sounded like an exciting place to be.

Why not blame the promoters who make hee haw effort and are happy to have a virtually empty stadium on Sky.

Very good, it is a great place to be, and live... :t:

Well as I predicted a 30+ point win for poole as usual so ALL the poole fans will be happy, bigger the better do not matter if the racing is crap on yet another SLICK boring track.

There was 2 other fans of poole who also were VERY happy and even thought there was some good racing, pearson and tatum.

The more poole are shown the more we realise what a terrible state British speedway is in. One side struggling to put a team out against a manipulative management in middleditch and ford.

Dont the smug arrogant poole fans realise that their teams management are killing speedway perhaps forever and sky might well pull the plug on showing boring meetings like this was. Or as I think they dont

I hardly call myself a Poole fan and there are a string of stunts that Ford and Muddlo have pulled over the years that I have criticised but looking at last nights match in isolation I don't see what the Poole promotion have done wrong. The team can only beat whats put in front of them and they were facing a club that have not been well managed for the last couple of years, riding without their No1. The Stars are descending into complete disarray and need some serious repair work in the winter that's not Pooles fault.

I thought it was an OK meeting , not particularly great and not particularly bad either but the unfortunate thing with speedway is that it is very much a live sport and being there with the noise and the atmosphere is much better than watching on TV. Hence people who were there are always going to think it was better than those who weren't, but we always get the same old moans after nearly all Sky meetings from people who don't have a life and therefore sit watching something they don't like. Pity people cant be more constructive in their criticism.

• Like 2

Just watched last nights meeting back on Youtube and have to say it was very entertaining regardless of the score. How can anyone say it was a snooze fest is beyond me. Loads of great racing all evening. Mind you we are spoilt at Poole with a very good racetrack that allows passing off every bend.

Have to say I agree about Lambert. He was abysmal last night. Gifted two of his points last night with an ef of Tungate and no Holder in 15. Last night should have been a meeting he would have thrived in. A proper race track with loads of racing lines but he was awol. A young lad should be up for it every meeting.

Following him this year Ellis is catching fast. A far better gater, has track craft and is also a youngster. Just needs to learn how to adjust his gear when the track slickens off.

Regarding your first paragraph, for God's sake, have you ever considered getting a life? :nono:

• Like 1

Well as I predicted a 30+ point win for poole as usual so ALL the poole fans will be happy, bigger the better do not matter if the racing is crap on yet another SLICK boring track.

There was 2 other fans of poole who also were VERY happy and even thought there was some good racing, pearson and tatum.

I think we all know the answers to your questions.

We all care and the vast majority don't like one sided meetings but that isn't Poole's fault.

In that case, people should not come on here and insult everyone's intelligence by claiming it was a wonderful meeting with lots of good racing.

In that case, people should not come on here and insult everyone's intelligence by claiming it was a wonderful meeting with lots of good racing.

Seems to me that most people DID enjoy last nights meeting. Loads of passing and good racing on a well prepared racetrack.

Do you remember a few years ago when Kings Lynn had a decent track that used to have passing?

Perhaps Buster can have a word with our track man and get a few tips on how to prepare a track where riders can overtake.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

Seems to me that most people DID enjoy last nights meeting. Loads of passing

LOADS of passing? I beg to differ. MPT the exemption in the most but other passes came fro other riders making mistakes.

As mentioned last night I found the meeting decent enough with more closer racing than passing.

Certainly not the best meeting I have watched on sky this year but certainly not the worse,

I have always enjoyed the racing at Wimborne road anyway.

• Like 1

LOL Its really comical how in pooles fans eyes they are never wrong and middleditch :icon_smile_clown: and ford :approve: are treated like god like individuals :rofl:

In whst way are we in the wrong in this case?

In case you hadn't noticed from my username I'm not a Poole fan!

He's so blinkered he wouldnt notice!

Did Mr Ford apologise to the spectators for the standard of the opposition again?

Did Kings Lynn apologise for fielding a substandard team

Edited by foreverblue