British Speedway Forum

Poole V Kings Lynn Elb. 7/09/16

Enjoyed the meeting but Palm-Toft really shows how weak the league is as he is a 7 point premier league & shouldn't be getting near Kyle & Bjarne.

Kyle looked ragged & made so many mistakes on the track tonight & has been left behind by so many of the EDR reserves who have gone into the main team.

Can't stick Pearson or his mate but blimey they try hard to make this poor product of a league exciting.

Cant believe you actually did it :)

Curiosity killed the cat, and all that.. :D

Enjoyed the meeting but Palm-Toft really shows how weak the league is as he is a 7 point premier league & shouldn't be getting near Kyle & Bjarne.

Why not. Palm Toft has always been a good little rider, just showed how good tonight. Also has a liking for our track..

we will get a report because Poole have won trust me. He thought before the meeting it could be close when everyone else said it would be a thrashing and now he is gloating it's what trolls do. He reckons there has been good racing but only when Palm Toft has been riding. Boring predictable meeting but you wait for this report it will be worth it

If you thought it was a boring meeting then you certainly wasn't watching ours tonight then..

Kyle looked ragged & made so many mistakes on the track tonight & has been left behind by so many of the EDR reserves who have gone into the main team.

Can't stick Pearson or his mate but blimey they try hard to make this poor product of a league exciting.

I agree. He was against a depleted King's Lynn side and yet only scored 7 at reserve from 4 rides on a track he's ridden for years. Ellis scored the same in the main team.

I think Newman has already peaked and is a FDR. He's come to a standstill in the PL as well.

I agree. He was against a depleted King's Lynn side and yet only scored 7 at reserve from 4 rides on a track he's ridden for years. Ellis scored the same in the main team.

I think Newman has already peaked and is a FDR. He's come to a standstill in the PL as well.

ive been saying this for a while that he has stalled and not gone on. Yes he has had injuries but he isn't progressing anymore. He gives 100% but last night he had trouble controlling the bike and seemed to only want to ride 1 line about a foot from the fence. The EDR has had success story's notably Garrity and Worrall but Newman and Auty have stood still while riders like Ellis, Bates, and Starke have left Newman behind

Seems like everyone at Lynn has given up, the management haven't seemed bothered from the word go in truth. Massive shake up required for next year, if that means going back to the PL then so be it as some of the sides we have put out this season have been embarrassing. Can accept injuries but the amount of absences due to other commitments has been ridiculous, although it's an EL problem too.

Don't normally stick up for loud mouth Mr Shouty, but he was referring to the fact that tonight the Speedway was on the new SkySports Mix channel that is FREE so there would have been some people watching the speedway who don't normally see it as its normally on the "pay" channels.

Are you saying that he mentioned that tonight, bit of a waste of time if people are watching it. If the showing of speedway on this free channel had been advertised on all the non sport channels for a couple of weeks before the meeting then others might have been watching it.

Predictable enough result but the racing was more compeditive than most of us thought mainly down the MPT and a lesser extent Huckenbeck and Lambert, Harris looked far from fit and Batchelor was a disgrace to Kings Lynn Speedway, how the fans there tolerate him is beyond me.

• Like 5

What a pathetic team Kings Lynn put out for this TV meeting, are they trying to destroy the Speedway soul Sky TV watchers?

What a fortunate person you are. You only have to watch them occasionally, whereas, some of us have to watch every week. Ever had that feeling as been sold down the river. That what's it been all year... Its an embarrassment some of the teams we have fielded. A big 'Well done ' to MPT last night. without his contribution I hate to imagine the score. Even the management couldn't be bothered to attend. What spirit does that project. Never in all my time of following the Stars can I remember such bad attitude, as this of present... Its as if nobody give a damned.

As for your comment about SKY TV. They knew what was on offer last night. They knew we would be cannon fodder, but they still went ahead and showed it as planned. So if there is any blame to be apportioned then it has to be directed to Sky themselves.....

• Like 1

Ellis has come on a lot this year and is on the up. Newman looked really quick at Wolves monday but that is a small track so maybe a bad comparison, he has to stay at reserve or he seems to struggle. I agree i dont think he will get better than he is currently, loved at Poole as he is a hometown boy and i know he has had injuries but dont think he will ever make EL heatleader
  • Like 1

Ellis has come on a lot this year and is on the up. Newman looked really quick at Wolves monday but that is a small track so maybe a bad comparison, he has to stay at reserve or he seems to struggle. I agree i dont think he will get better than he is currently, loved at Poole as he is a hometown boy and i know he has had injuries but dont think he will ever make EL heatleader

Was superb at Wolves and funnily enough superb at Belle Vue. I for one am more than happy with his contribution. Not everyone is going to be a world champion but Kyle always gives 100% to the cause. Cant understand fans slagging him off.

• Like 6

Guest GiveusaB

Not sure if its been said before.....? but having a veteran like Pedersen at reserve is an embarrassment to speedway IMO....I'm not digging on Poole and I'm really pleased to see Ellis progressing, but surely the purpose of a reserves race is for young BRITISH talent in order to help them progress ???

And for all those that rave on about Lambert, regardless of his age....he's way too slow out the gate...reminds me very much of Chris Harris !

I think Adam Ellis will soon be surpassing him !

Firstly, can I say I have no quarms with Poole Speedway or Matt Ford for getting guests that strengthen his side. This evening's one sided situation is totally down to Kings Lynn Speedway and the BSPA. Kings Lynn for the 'Couldn't care less attitude' and the BSPA for the downright stupid rules that they have introduced into this sport. Never , in all the years have I witnessed such short sightedness in everything they do.

Once upon a time we had rider control, to ensure the equality between the sides. We had match averages that illustrated the riders ability. and we had team strength that was comparable with each other. Now we have stupid lists made up of heat leaders on fictitious averages, we have protected heats to give unfair races, We have EDR's on a fabricated PL lists, who swap places with heat leader, when their averages fit the bill.

It is no wonder the sport is in the depths of despair, I can understand why people stay away. I feel sorry for the fans who are expected to go and support this rubbish. I've got no sympathy for the Sky, they should be doing far more than they are at present. No way should they be promoting matches like this, giving some the impression that all matches are one sided affairs. The Wolves V Stars meeting last week projected a terrible image....

I'm afraid, that until the 'powers at B' take their heads out of the sand, it will continue this downhill spiral.

Top notch review
  • Like 4

And for all those that rave on about Lambert, regardless of his age....he's way too slow out the gate...reminds me very much of Chris Harris !

I think Adam Ellis will soon be surpassing him !

Stars fans will have your head on a stick for that but I for one agree with you.

People say he's progressed because he's maintained a heatleader position.

That's nonsense, he's only maintained that position because of abysmal team mates he's had at 2nd string.

GP challenge he was handed a 'Chris Harris' style wildcard for wasn't he?

Lambert has all the skill in the World to be the absolute best except the most important skill in modern Speedway, gating.

Like Harris just doesn't have the ability to do the job consistently.

I too am not buying the 'he's only 18' tag either.

Far to often British rider's are given time to develop, this has been to our detriment over the years.

Denmark, Sweden & Poland put high demands on their youth rider's. If it ain't working they know about it.

GB, "ah bless him, he's 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 etc etc, he'll come good".

I just find this kind of nicely nicely attitude to much

Just my 2p

Edited by Danny Smith
  • Like 3

Was superb at Wolves and funnily enough superb at Belle Vue. I for one am more than happy with his contribution. Not everyone is going to be a world champion but Kyle always gives 100% to the cause. Cant understand fans slagging him off.

I'm sure you are Steve but he has had it easy at reserve & now looks more ragged on a bike than the previous 2 seasons.

You criticise Garrity but Kyle was just like him last night & at Swindon the other week.

I'm just surprised that he has stagnated & so many riders from the original EDR have left him behind.

I'm sure you are Steve but he has had it easy at reserve & now looks more ragged on a bike than the previous 2 seasons.

You criticise Garrity but Kyle was just like him last night & at Swindon the other week.

I'm just surprised that he has stagnated & so many riders from the original EDR have left him behind.

Don't think many at Poole would not regard him as a real trier and never gives up, that is what we all want in a rider and we know he will not be found wanting in the play offs. as i said on the night he was unlucky with a couple of decisions at Wolves and looked really quick, sometimes over rides but rather he did that than give up at the back like Batchelor.

• Like 3

ive been saying this for a while that he has stalled and not gone on. Yes he has had injuries but he isn't progressing anymore. He gives 100% but last night he had trouble controlling the bike and seemed to only want to ride 1 line about a foot from the fence. The EDR has had success story's notably Garrity and Worrall but Newman and Auty have stood still while riders like Ellis, Bates, and Starke have left Newman behind

I get a little annoyed with these posts of negativity.

Didn't people moan at Poole for a few years for not having any young Brotish riders at all.

Then Poole bring through Kyle Newman and bring in another rider Adam Ellis and both have been slated one way or another on this forum usually by anti Poole posters.

Putting Poole aside, we should be getting behind young British riders.

As for Newman has peaked, I think beating a GP rider and No 1 around his home track which he has known for years in a pressurised last heat decider for a point is a pretty impressive peak if you ask me.

And for a conference rider to be averaging around 7 on a track he is riding in his first full season speaks high volumes.

If anything, with all the moaning about the Elite League being weak blah blah is all negatives why don't we look at the positives for British riders

Joe Jacobs is scoring regularly at Belle Vue as is Max Clegg at Wolves. I expected little from these riders at the start of the season but fair play to the clubs for sticking by them and fortunately it is certainly helping these riders progress and is looking more positive for British riders in the future instead of certain foreign riders who would come over here for a bit of cash, do half a season and then disappear.

I would rather the league be slightly weaker if this was always the case because at least, I could remember and follow a dedicated home rider.

• Like 3

Stars fans will have your head on a stick for that but I for one agree with you.

People say he's progressed because he's maintained a heatleader position.

That's nonsense, he's only maintained that position because of abysmal team mates he's had at 2nd string.

GP challenge he was handed a 'Chris Harris' style wildcard for wasn't he?

Lambert has all the skill in the World to be the absolute best except the most important skill in modern Speedway, gating.

Like Harris just doesn't have the ability to do the job consistently.

I too am not buying the 'he's only 18' tag either.

Far to often British rider's are given time to develop, this has been to our detriment over the years.

Denmark, Sweden & Poland put high demands on their youth rider's. If it ain't working they know about it.

GB, "ah bless him, he's 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 etc etc, he'll come good".

I just find this kind of nicely nicely attitude to much

Just my 2p

I agree with most of that but it's never easy to progress when surrounded by negativity and mediocrity and let's face it that's what Lynn have excelled at this season.

Not going ro make myself popular here and I'd hate to see I but I think to kick start his progression Lambert needs to move to another EL club if only for one season. He needs sponsors to get GP standard equipment and that is expensive. Not many of those type sponsors in Norfolk.

Apart from equipment his biggest drawback is his gating, surely there must be someone around who could help him develop this skill, cos he has everything else.

I get a little annoyed with these posts of negativity.

Didn't people moan at Poole for a few years for not having any young Brotish riders at all.

Then Poole bring through Kyle Newman and bring in another rider Adam Ellis and both have been slated one way or another on this forum usually by anti Poole posters.

Putting Poole aside, we should be getting behind young British riders.

As for Newman has peaked, I think beating a GP rider and No 1 around his home track which he has known for years in a pressurised last heat decider for a point is a pretty impressive peak if you ask me.

And for a conference rider to be averaging around 7 on a track he is riding in his first full season speaks high volumes.

If anything, with all the moaning about the Elite League being weak blah blah is all negatives why don't we look at the positives for British riders

Joe Jacobs is scoring regularly at Belle Vue as is Max Clegg at Wolves. I expected little from these riders at the start of the season but fair play to the clubs for sticking by them and fortunately it is certainly helping these riders progress and is looking more positive for British riders in the future instead of certain foreign riders who would come over here for a bit of cash, do half a season and then disappear.

I would rather the league be slightly weaker if this was always the case because at least, I could remember and follow a dedicated home rider.

Why is it being negative to give an opinion?

Kyle Newman is a young brit who gives 110% every time he gets on a bike and has been a good servant for Poole, and is a good rider for them to have in the team and the fans love him.

All im saying is he has been left behind by some riders and passed by others.

3 years time we could see Garrity, Worrall, Ellis and Bates in the GB team. Will Newman? Personally i would say no.

• Like 1