British Speedway Forum

Play Offs

TurnTwo

I had given up hope on us making the playoffs but a couple of decent results at Stoke and Buxton could give us a shout especially if the Colts run out of time to stage some of their fixtures.

Still it will only get us the honour of a thumping from the Brummies methinks!

stay positive :lol:

• Like 1

Sunday 25th Sep

OK, so given that Birmingham, Eastbourne and Kent are nailed on for the play-off's, the remaining question is who, between Belle Vue and Cradley will be the 4th team, and I suspect that the cut-off may play a part in this.

The remaining fixtures are:

Cradley (source - Cradley's web site)

Mon 19 Kent - Home

Fri 23 Belle Vue - Away

Belle Vue (source - Belle Vue's web site)

Fr 16th Coventry - Away

Sun 18th Eastbourne - Away

Fri 23rd Cradley Home

Sun 25th Coventry - Away

I suspect that the Belle Vue web site has an error as Coventry are listed twice. There is nothing in the BSPA fixture list for Belle Vue on 25th September, so I'm going to discount this unless news is forthcoming about another new fixture that's not been announced yet

So, my predictions are that Cradley will beat Kent at home (=3 points) but will lose away at Belle Vue (0 points) I predict that they will finish their season on 45 points. I may of course be wrong.

Belle Vue have according to my reckoning, only have 3 more meetings before the cut-off date. I think they will get 4 points away at Coventry, 3 points from a home win over Cradley, and nothing from their trip to the 50p piece on the south coast. My prediction therefore is that Belle Vue will finish on 25th September on 39 points with 3 fixtures timed-out on.

Let me guess, could it possibly be Birmingham v Cradley, and Kent v Eastbourne in the semi-finals?

I suspect that the Belle Vue web site has an error as Coventry are listed twice. There is nothing in the BSPA fixture list for Belle Vue on 25th September, so I'm going to discount this unless news is forthcoming about another new fixture that's not been announced yet.

Yes, you're right ~ Belle Vue Colts are due at Coventry this coming Friday and riding after the Bees v Kings Lynn match.

Not a surprise is it. Its what i would ave done. Take the cash & run.

Why is that always made to sound like a dirty thing? Why not earn some money when you can? Speedway is supposed to be a business too, not a social service, isn't it? How is the sport supposed to survive without an income?

And as for the fans, one final local derby to round the season off (for one set) and some winter bragging rights too. Or would you have preferred the long trek down to Pensioners Paradise, to ride around the Arlington 50p Piece?

• Like 1

Why is that always made to sound like a dirty thing? Why not earn some money when you can? Speedway is supposed to be a business too, not a social service, isn't it? How is the sport supposed to survive without an income?

And as for the fans, one final local derby to round the season off (for one set) and some winter bragging rights too. Or would you have preferred the long trek down to Pensioners Paradise, to ride around the Arlington 50p Piece?

Please don't get me wrong, it is what i would have done from a speedway point of view & a cash in pocket point of view.

Well, no surprise there then.

It should only go one way but the joy of sport, and ours in particular, is that you can never be certain. Anything can happen on the night.

Good to see Bradley and Ben finding some good form last night. Let's hope they are saving their best 'til last!

Edited by Ommer Mon

Looks like Eagles will finish 2nd.

I can see a Birmingham v Eagles Final.

I say that as I think Kent have too many weak links. :cry:

Time will tell. :lol:

it will be close as the eagles need 7 pts from sat/sun to draw level with the kings, i'm sure the kings lynn meeting is after the cut-off ?