British Speedway Forum

Play Offs

TurnTwo

From my previous post on Eastbourne thread I thought I'd carry on. This is how I think the top 6 are going to finish:

So looking at matches remaining:

Stoke Home 3 pts

Belle vue home 3 pts

Coventry home 3pts

Kings Lynn home 3 pts

Buxton away 4pts

And kings Lynn away would we be awarded the points?

16 points without kings Lynn putting the eagles on 58 points.

Not enough to catch birmingham but looking at Kent their fixtures are:

Cradley home 3 pts

Coventry away 4 pts

Cradley away 3 pts

And Stoke away same position as Eastbourne can they fit it in?

Putting the kings on 58 points too. Kent having scored more points overall will be second but that's if they can get 3 points at cradley where I think they may only get 1 possibly 2.

Birmingham TBA Belle Vue and Buxton away 7 points finishing them on: 70.

Cradley:

Kent away 0

Stoke home 3

Stoke away 1

Buxton away 3

Belle vue away 0

An extra 7 points putting the heathens on 38

Mildenhall

Rye house away 1 point

Kings Lynn home 3 points finishing mildenhall on 34

Kings Lynn stars

Iow away 1 point

Rye house away 1 point

Eastbourne away 0

Mildenhall away 1 point

Rye house 3 points

Then still to face belle vue Buxton away Eastbourne at home in which I think they'd get 7 out of but excluding this would mean kings Lynn finish on: 31 possibly 38.

Lastly belle vue

Colts v Buxton home 3 points

Colts v Coventry away 3 points

Eastbourne v colts away 0

Colts v cradley home 3 points

Colts v Coventry home 3 points

Colts v kings Lynn - if can fit it in 3 points. 12 possibly 15 putting the colts on: 41 / possibly 44

So top 6 finishing in:

Buxton 70

Eastbourne 58

Kent 57

Belle Vue 41

Cradley 38

Mildenhall 34

But this is speedway and I'm probably way off lol

I think if birmingham beat Kent in ko cup this wek they will go Kent again

That one result correct so far Cradley lose at Kent.

I don't think they'll choose Kent, imagine they would see them as the most likely team to beat Eastie if possible as I would imagine they'd rather meet Kent in the final than Eastbourne.

• Like 1

It's a no brainer, they are sure to take Belle Vue or Cradley. More away support for close/local derby and certain win.

The big battle is who will they face in the final. With Perks improvement and reserves developing it could me a terrific battle with the Kings. Added benefit of another local derby and a good gate.

As regards the final, it has always been Birmingham's to lose and that situation has not changed. Their initial heat leaders may have struggled this season but the second strings have been excellent. What inspired them to pick Hume and Bacon I don't know,added to the reserves which we all knew would win it for them makes them invincible.

It's a no brainer, they are sure to take Belle Vue or Cradley. More away support for close/local derby and certain win.

The big battle is who will they face in the final. With Perks improvement and reserves developing it could me a terrific battle with the Kings. Added benefit of another local derby and a good gate.

As regards the final, it has always been Birmingham's to lose and that situation has not changed. Their initial heat leaders may have struggled this season but the second strings have been excellent. What inspired them to pick Hume and Bacon I don't know,added to the reserves which we all knew would win it for them makes them invincible.

I was impressed with Bacon around Perry Barr last year, always thought it looked a good signing based on at the very least an increase in his home average but to put the best part of 3 points on is a great result for him and the Brummies

• Like 1

I was unfortunate to be at the first playoff in the elite league when Eastbourne lost it to Wolves having been the best team all season, it was such a disappointment after a great year. I'm glad we're where we are in the playoffs, as has been said it's Birmingham's to lose and the other's to win. Having said that still think last year's system of the team who came top won the league, then the end of season gold cup was probably the fairest and correct way. Only thing is if we do win it, I suppose it makes up for the hurt 14 year's ago!

• Like 1

At the moment we only have one reserve and a number 8.

JPB is currently ill with a mystery illness. We have no more info than that.

The use of the word "mystery" makes it sound like nobody knows what it is...safe to say that the medical practitioners know exactly what it is and are doing their best to treat it. Were it less than 100% genuine, then you can be sure that Graham Drury would have had a sense of humour failure over it. The rest isn't so much of a mystery as simply none of our business.

• Like 1

I had given up hope on us making the playoffs but a couple of decent results at Stoke and Buxton could give us a shout especially if the Colts run out of time to stage some of their fixtures.

Still it will only get us the honour of a thumping from the Brummies methinks!

I was unfortunate to be at the first playoff in the elite league when Eastbourne lost it to Wolves having been the best team all season, it was such a disappointment after a great year. I'm glad we're where we are in the playoffs, as has been said it's Birmingham's to lose and the other's to win. Having said that still think last year's system of the team who came top won the league, then the end of season gold cup was probably the fairest and correct way. Only thing is if we do win it, I suppose it makes up for the hurt 14 year's ago!

[/quote;

From what I heard did we not lose our No 1 to injury (Mark Loram maybe?) in the semis and under the then rules of, no guest in the play offs, have to bring in a 16 year old rookie who happened to be Eddie Kennett.

I'm sure Mark rode, but I do remember Billy Janeiro riding, think Barker or Norris may have been out, to be fair to Janeiro he rode his socks off. Seem to remember Adam Shields having an off night at reserve having been on cracking form before. What also cost us was the team who came top in the first playoff went straight to the final awaiting the winner of the semi's, so by the time we faced Wolves don't think we had riden for 2 or 3 weeks, so came in 'cold' .

Edited by gazzac