British Speedway Forum

Wildcards 2017.....

I'd like to say that i am one fan in Germany who doesn't share that opinion :rofl::P

personally I feel that Martin Smolinski will end up as one of the three riders on the F.I.M.'s official substitutes list for the 2017 SGP.

I would not at all be surprised if one of the four wildcards is given to a second British rider. One out of Danny King / Craig Cook / Robert Lambert to replace Chris Harris would be refreshing for the GP series, just like when Woffinden came into the SGP a few years ago. The SGP series needs a few new faces each year.

DON'T think Smolinski has a hope in hell ... same for the three Brits you mention.

Smolinski is good for a wild card in Teterow, assuming there is another SGP there, but nothing else. King, Cook and Lambert would fare no better than Harris.

And don't run away with the idea that BSI are the sole arbiters ...the FIM and especially Armando Castagna have a strong voice and probably the deciding one if push comes to shove.

DON'T think Smolinski has a hope in hell ... same for the three Brits you mention.

Smolinski is good for a wild card in Teterow, assuming there is another SGP there, but nothing else. King, Cook and Lambert would fare no better than Harris.

And don't run away with the idea that BSI are the sole arbiters ...the FIM and especially Armando Castagna have a strong voice and probably the deciding one if push comes to shove.

Dont forget the monster brigade, im sure they have a word or two as well, thats why i wouldnt be so sure about Nicki.

Are bsi thinking the future ,vaclav milik, Robert lambert or a young pole , excitement Nicki pedersen greg Laguta or commercial any pole and a Brit , lots of brits go to Torun , would that take a hit if there was no other Brit apart from woofy and he isn't the most popular Brit ever

Sadly we have no other rider near that level, Robert was last in the GP challenge and I think it's too early in his development.

Sadly we have no other rider near that level, Robert was last in the GP challenge and I think it's too early in his development.

i agree but Britain is the second biggest money on the GP circus with Cardiff and to a point Torun, apart from Poland I would say Britain has the highest number of traveling fans to other GPs Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

i agree but Britain is the second biggest money on the GP circus with Cardiff and to a point Torun, apart from Poland I would say Britain has the highest number of traveling fans to other GPs

We should have an English GP at BV. Besides the British one at Cardiff, other countries have more than one.

• Like 1

We should have an English GP at BV. Besides the British one at Cardiff, other countries have more than one.

personally if there was to be another British GP I would rather up was up in some stadium around Edinburgh / Glasgow but I just think another on would detract from Cardiff so happy with one

Dont forget the monster brigade, im sure they have a word or two as well, thats why i wouldnt be so sure about Nicki.

Watch out for wanna be wildcard riders walking about with a Monster bottle, wearing "Grin t-shirts", swearing on microphones, and talking about being "stoked" with the "sick" results. Perfect fit.

• Like 1

Surely Hampel will get a Wilcard spot, if the series think that it requires 4 Poles.

In the 3 rounds in 2015 which Hampel competed before getting injured he'd finished 3rd, made a semi and finished 2nd.

but there has to a doubt if Hampels condition post injury will allow him to regain that level of racing again. Who knows? but its a gamble to put himin 2017 as a wild card as he may not perform at that level.

It was sad he missed out this year especially as he was not the cause of the accident that took him out.

Same with Doyle this year.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

but there has to a doubt if Hampels condition post injury will allow him to regain that level of racing again. Who knows? but its a gamble to put himin 2017 as a wild card as he may not perform at that level.

It was sad he missed out this year especially as he was not the cause of the accident that took him out.

Same with Doyle this year.

I agree totally with that. Next season there is potentially the chance of having the strongest ever line up for the GP's with NO makeweights at all, for once, if the 4 wildcards are chosen sensibly. Surely Hampel needs to prove his fitness both physically and mentally first before being put straight back into the GP's? Look how long its taken Holder to get back to something near his best again after his horrendous accident.

I would like to see Emil, Nicki, G.Laguta and probably Zagar given the 4 wildcards.

Surely Hampel will get a Wilcard spot, if the series think that it requires 4 Poles.

In the 3 rounds in 2015 which Hampel competed before getting injured he'd finished 3rd, made a semi and finished 2nd.

Surely not and surely Janowski would be a better choice? As I have said before, SGP needs racers not dragracers (aka gating tarts).