British Speedway Forum

Wildcards 2017.....

Sayfutdinov is a great rider, and should have little problem coming through the qualifiers for 2018.

RATHER have him sooner ... qualifiers always a minefield, an engine failure, fall caused by another rider. I'd wager a bet than if you asked 1000 people whether they would like to see Emil get a wild card the vast majority would say yes.

• Like 1

RATHER have him sooner ... qualifiers always a minefield, an engine failure, fall caused by another rider. I'd wager a bet than if you asked 1000 people whether they would like to see Emil get a wild card the vast majority would say yes.

I agree that Sayfutdinov will be an added attraction to SGP but he chose, for what ever reason, to leave the series, I think now he has decided to return he should do the qualifiers as I think it would be unfair on other riders who have tried season after season to qualify. I accept that at times the qualification system can be a mine field but that applies to all the riders competing.

I agree that Sayfutdinov will be an added attraction to SGP but he chose, for what ever reason, to leave the series, I think now he has decided to return he should do the qualifiers as I think it would be unfair on other riders who have tried season after season to qualify. I accept that at times the qualification system can be a mine field but that applies to all the riders competing.

Whats the point of having Wildcards then,it's for the organisers to have a bit of scope if they think a rider will do justice if selected on their system.

Whats the point of having Wildcards then,it's for the organisers to have a bit of scope if they think a rider will do justice if selected on their system.

I would hope the picks aren`t for the rider who by his own choice left the series who now by his own choice is ready to return, surely its for the rider like Nicki Pedersen who will not get a top eight place because of injury, or the rider like Hampel who had a place in this years series only to lose his place through injury, or for the rider who misses out on a place because he lost a run off in the GP Challenge having gone through the qualifying system.

With Pedersen out of the series it means 10th placed Lindgren has to make 11pts on 8th placed Lindback to get top 8. Iversen is 13 points behind. Tough for both riders to bridge the gap so the top 8 quite likely to remain the same as we are now.

Wilds card Pedersen, Iversen certainties. Not sure about the other 2.

Pedersen, Iversen. guaranteed .

If BSI continue with Slovenia then add Zagar.

If the Russians don't want to play ball the how about Robert Lambert if he wins World u21.

It would balance up BSI's quota system perfectly.

Remember where you heard it first.

ZAGAR as a wild card at Krsko only would satisfy BSI regarding Slovenia. Don't sense any great appetite to put him back in. Lambert far too inexperienced and would do his career more harm than good.

ZAGAR as a wild card at Krsko only would satisfy BSI regarding Slovenia. Don't sense any great appetite to put him back in. Lambert far too inexperienced and would do his career more harm than good.

Agree about Zagar and Lambert. If IMG do what they have done to justify there Wild Card selections in previous years then they will include the Swedish and British Champion!