British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn V Lakeside 1st Sept 2016

Nicklas is Ok but very sore. Going into bend 3 lap 4 he saw a large stone coming at his head, from Niels rear wheel, avoided it but it hit him just below right collar bone. Adrenaline kept him going to finish the race, but as he wound down after the chequered flag, the pain hit and he pulled up at the end of the back straight. He at first thought he had dislocated his shoulder. In the medics room, we realised with small movements that the shoulder was not dislocated. He will be sore in the morning as the bruising comes out. But with plentry of Deep Heat he will be fit for meeting at Lakeside.

Bloody hell, if there was any doubt that this Lynn team is sh!te then Kennett winning races for fun at the NA is confirmation.

If you didn't have Farage as your avatar, I could have liked this post. Was there a reason Kennett wasn't in heat 15?

Edited by Col

Nicklas is Ok but very sore. Going into bend 3 lap 4 he saw a large stone coming at his head, from Niels rear wheel, avoided it but it hit him just below right collar bone. Adrenaline kept him going to finish the race, but as he wound down after the chequered flag, the pain hit and he pulled up at the end of the back straight. He at first thought he had dislocated his shoulder. In the medics room, we realised with small movements that the shoulder was not dislocated. He will be sore in the morning as the bruising comes out. But with plentry of Deep Heat he will be fit for meeting at Lakeside.

Arnica cream will help bruising

A much improved performance from most of the team Batcherlor though was dire what has gone so wrong with him? How can his average still be over 6 ? His Twitter name is so wrong Batchattack cus he's far from that .Great return from Porsing (hope he ok ) and Huckenbeck rode well also ,

So please we managed a win in what was, an enjoyable meeting, Still not firing on all cylinders, but a far better performance then we have had of late. I didn't agree with the sacking of Rory, this late stage of the season we have nothing to win or lose, and probably would have been best to see the season out. However, without Porsing points tonight we would have lost. Porsing showed up well as did, Niels, Lambert. The reserves did enough, but the surprise for me was Huckenbeck. How can his form fluxuate so much. To me he was the difference between winning and losing and tonight he rode as if it meant something to him.

Batchelor was disgraceful. He was far worse than anything we saw from KB last year, and the fans gave him hell. Batch has to go, nobody wants someone you cant trust. His attitude stinks.. If he is struggling to perform he should say so and get help, not put the club fortunes at stake just to earn a crust.. That's the unacceptable part....

The track deserves a mention in that tonight wasn't a 'gate and go' affair. Some of the races were top drawer, which asks the question 'Why cant it be the same every week'????

• Like 1

Agent to stitch Rosco up! Plainly clear to see that as he was well aware of at least a point for Hammers

Isn't that a bit unfair ? Richard Lawson was well below par, only scoring 1, but it's not in his interests to see Lakeside lose. These things happen in Speedwáy. Troy is obviously having a tough season, either due to his injury or maybe not being very happy where he is. It doesn't seem that KL is a very happy ship these days. Troy has his ups and downs but I very much doubt that he would throw away several hundred £'s worth of points money just to spite Swindon, especially as he might want to be back there one day.

As Davey Watt used to say "Happy riders score points " . There doesn't seem to have been a good vibe in the Kings Lynn side for quite a long time now.

I think it was poor form by the Stars to drop Rory knowing it was too late for him to get a place elsewhere, I would have like him at Lakeside, for who you ask? Probably Bridger

Nearly everyone at Lakeside would have welcomed Rory with open arms a few years ago. He has been a great guest for the club and has been incredibly popular there, but sadly I think the moment has passed. I really wish him well but I think injuries have probably finished his time as a top flight heatleader.

He still has something to offer, maybe in the PL , but not as a match winner in the top league.

Speedwáy can be a tough and unrewarding game at times, and Rory, like Adam Shields has been prevented by injury from achieving his full potential. A great shame because he is great bloke.

• Like 5

Isn't that a bit unfair ? Richard Lawson was well below par, only scoring 1, but it's not in his interests to see Lakeside lose. These things happen in Speedwáy. Troy is obviously having a tough season, either due to his injury or maybe not being very happy where he is. It doesn't seem that KL is a very happy ship these days. Troy has his ups and downs but I very much doubt that he would throw away several hundred £'s worth of points money just to spite Swindon, especially as he might want to be back there one day.

As Davey Watt used to say "Happy riders score points " . There doesn't seem to have been a good vibe in the Kings Lynn side for quite a long time now.

I'm no expert and I've never ridden a speedway bike. But I have watched speedway for many years. Batchelor is not injured. He's lost his bottle. Watch him whenever another rider gets close to him on the straights. His first reaction is to put his left foot down on the track. (Prior to entering the corners)

• Like 1

Dale Allit

"All seven riders contributed key points and hopefully that restores a bit of passion and pride for everyone around the place."

That has to be the quote of the season ? All 7 riders really ???

I see what you are saying, but everyone scored at least a point. If we had scored 1 point less overall, we would have come away with nothing. I am so pleased that we are still in with a shout for the play-offs. Tonight, plus the home meeting against Swindon (assuming they get nothing at Belle Vue) now really mean something.

Up the Hammers!

I'm no expert and I've never ridden a speedway bike. But I have watched speedway for many years. Batchelor is not injured. He's lost his bottle. Watch him whenever another rider gets close to him on the straights. His first reaction is to put his left foot down on the track. (Prior to entering the corners)

Very perceptive. One of the classic ways IMO in spotting a rider who is down on confidence is when his foot is constantly UGoing down along the straights. Speedwáy is a funny sport. There can be lots of things that undermine a riders confidence, sometimes coming back from injury, sometimes being unhappy at his club, sometimes other things. I don't doubt that Troy is down on confidence, but I very much doubt that he is throwing away points (and money) to keep Swindon out of the play-offs which is what Hagonshocker was claiming.

• Like 1

As I understand the 'squad system' Lynn could declare Jakobsen in the team and replace Batchelor with Huckenbeck who is the number 8. Whether that would go down well with Roger Warnes is another matter.

To me Batchelor has never been fit all season (he admitted himself he started to early) and like Schlein he has simply had too many serious accidents, as others have said they have both struggled this year with other riders around them, backing out of tight situations and throttling off into the corners. Don't blame either of them for this, just one of those things after multiple serious injuries. Bottom line though is that Rory got sacked because he wasn't scoring points, and Porsing's score last night vindicated the decision straight away.

• Like 1

Dale Allit

"All seven riders contributed key points and hopefully that restores a bit of passion and pride for everyone around the place."

That has to be the quote of the season ? All 7 riders really ???

He's hardly gonna say 6 and Batch, would not help matters at all ....