British Speedway Forum

Stockholm Gp Saturday September 24th

Hancock should finish second

I hope so, the only time he had to race because he messed the start up and he was dead, dead, dead last. Doyle is a racer, and a fantastic advert for a speedway world champion.

Something that Kelvin was asked tonight was about 'racing brain' and he agreed with Pearson that Doyle and Woffy are both riders who race with their brains, and I fully agree with that. But last season Doyle wasn't racing with his brain, but with his heart and going for gaps not there, and so was involved in a few incidents and rightly excluded a few times. Since last season he's clearly learned (you could argue that's why Nicki is involved a lot, he never learned when to open the throttle and when to wait for another chance).

I don't know if Doyle took a good look at last season or if someone's been advising him, but whatever full credit to him.

I never had Jason Doyle down as a potential world champion, but hopefully he can finish the job now because he certainly deserves it this year. 3 gp wins in a row is a fantastic achievement.

It should also guarantee a bumper crowd in Melbourne, having a home rider lifting the trophy.

Edited by Terry

It should also guarantee a bumper crowd in Melbourne, having a home rider lifting the trophy.

If this doesn't get Aussies buying tickets and make Melbourne a roaring success then frankly nothing will! In Doyle and Holder two potential winners on the night, a potential World Champion and another rider in with half a chance of a podium place in the title race!

Guest Scunny2012

Congratulations to Jason Doyle now with one hand on the trophy, not a classic meeting but it highlighted how much Nicki Pedersen would be missed if he was no longer in the Grand Prix's, love him or hate him he can certainly liven up a meeting as could Emil Sayfutinov if he got back in.

Congratulations to Jason Doyle now with one hand on the trophy, not a classic meeting but it highlighted how much Nicki Pedersen would be missed if he was no longer in the Grand Prix's, love him or hate him he can certainly liven up a meeting as could Emil Sayfutinov if he got back in.

Also seeing Trick trackside makes me think that the GP is somewhat devalued these days

Rickardsson, Crump, Adams, Gollob, Hancock, + Nicki, AJ, Sully, Jarek at their best seems to overshadow today's line up.

Of course the GP needs Emil back and Darcy is sorely missed.

Also seeing Trick trackside makes me think that the GP is somewhat devalued these days

Rickardsson, Crump, Adams, Gollob, Hancock, + Nicki, AJ, Sully, Jarek at their best seems to overshadow today's line up.

Of course the GP needs Emil back and Darcy is sorely missed.

That line up had people saying it's not like when it was Mauger, Olsen; Collins ,Lee etc...people always look at a by gone era and think riders ere better ..the current crop are good ..time just moves on..

• Like 1