British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Glasgow , Ko Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg Fri 26th August 2016 At 7-30 P.m.

So why did you, later in post 69 ( 18 July 2016 - 10:44 AM) state the following:-

"Al, if one were cynical, one might suggest that Edinburgh were well aware of the obvious error in the NL Green Sheets regarding Davey, and announced his presence as late as possible (late yesterday morning), to try to stop anybody spotting it in time. Unfortunately for them, Scunny did, and placed a protest in time."

You state above that you "didn't find out until Sunday", re "that SMS", yet post 69 was posted on the Monday !
Not Bonkers, but able to spot a Phoney Poster :wink:

Funny, I always thought Monday was the day after Sunday, not before it. Your calendar must be different to everyone else's.

I've decided that you're just being deliberately obtuse now. You could go back to the Scunny v Edinburgh thread and find out exactly when I personally found out (posts 16-18), and that would also give you the information as to when both the Edinburgh and Scunthorpe websites were updated (Sunday late morning / early afternoon).

It's ironic that you're calling me a 'Phony Poster', when it's becoming clearer that what's you are - a troll. It's a shame really. We used to have some really quality Edinburgh posters, such as the lovely Midnight Lady and King Jamie, and now we're stuck with you.

It's just as well this only applies to the BSF, not at meetings. I had an enjoyable time with the Glasgow bunch at Scunny the day after Cardiff, and know it would be the same with Midnight Lady / King Jamie / Davy H etc.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

It's just as well this only applies to the BSF, not at meetings. I had an enjoyable time with the Glasgow bunch at Scunny the day after Cardiff, and know it would be the same with Midnight Lady / King Jamie / Davy H etc.

All the best

Rob

That's cause you were parked outside the bar with me , Willie and Wee George , not sure Davy H would be up for that ............haha

Anyway back to Friday night , story in this morning's Sun about Aaron being allegedly head butted by one of the Edinburgh pit crew . Why do mechanics think they have to be a rider's minder all the time ? Everytime there is an altercation between riders , all these eejits jump in with fists flying . Time this nonsense was stamped out .

• Like 2

That's cause you were parked outside the bar with me , Willie and Wee George , not sure Davy H would be up for that ............haha

Anyway back to Friday night , story in this morning's Sun about Aaron being allegedly head butted by one of the Edinburgh pit crew . Why do mechanics think they have to be a rider's minder all the time ? Everytime there is an altercation between riders , all these eejits jump in with fists flying . Time this nonsense was stamped out .

Saw that in the paper , also see Stewart condemning it .

Would be nice if Edinburgh had one more visit to Glasgow this year and the cardboard Gangster was there what goes around as they say.

Oh dear, the Edinburgers not taking there aggregate loss very well. I wonder what "hard man" was dishing it out? I wonder if they are as aggressive when they are out with the little bubble they live in.

It's not just Edinburgh mechanics though , I saw it when the two Redcar riders squared up to each other at the fours , you had all those numpties flying in from all angles .

We all know the red mist can descend with riders when something happens on the track that upsets them , we accept that can happen , but what is not needed is it turning into a mass brawl with mechanics thinking they are a rider's protector . What happened during heat 13 on Friday happens in meetings on a regular basis up and down the country . Aaron , rightly or wrongly , got excluded as the reason for the stoppage . That should have been the end of the matter . Why some mechanic felt the need to hand out some sort of retribution , when Aaron was the rider who came off , is beyond me .

• Like 3

Funny, I always thought Monday was the day after Sunday, not before it. Your calendar must be different to everyone else's.

I've decided that you're just being deliberately obtuse now. You could go back to the Scunny v Edinburgh thread and find out exactly when I personally found out (posts 16-18), and that would also give you the information as to when both the Edinburgh and Scunthorpe websites were updated (Sunday late morning / early afternoon).

It's ironic that you're calling me a 'Phony Poster', when it's becoming clearer that what's you are - a troll. It's a shame really. We used to have some really quality Edinburgh posters, such as the lovely Midnight Lady and King Jamie, and now we're stuck with you.

All the best

Rob

More weasel words from you, which try to wriggle out of what and when you posted.

On this thread, on post #71 you state you did not know about the SMS (sent at 15:14 on Friday 15th July), until Sunday 17th July.

So explain if you already knew about the SMS on the Sunday, why did you post on the Scunthorpe vs Edinburgh on Monday 18th July ( # 69 , 10:44 AM)) the following:-

"Al, if one were cynical, one might suggest that Edinburgh were well aware of the obvious error in the NL Green Sheets regarding Davey, and announced his presence as late as possible (late yesterday morning), to try to stop anybody spotting it in time. Unfortunately for them, Scunny did, and placed a protest in time."

Seems as you are the one using an inverted calendar, I’ve highlighted the events in chronological order, namely Friday, 15th July, Sunday 17th July, and Monday 18th July to help you understand how time progresses :P

Regarding who is the troll, just remind everyone who initially referred to the Scunthorpe vs Edinburgh match on this Edinburgh vs Glasgow thread, – I’ll give you a clue, see post #20 :wink:

Edited by cyclone

Fair point :D

It's not just Edinburgh mechanics though , I saw it when the two Redcar riders squared up to each other at the fours , you had all those numpties flying in from all angles .

We all know the red mist can descend with riders when something happens on the track that upsets them , we accept that can happen , but what is not needed is it turning into a mass brawl with mechanics thinking they are a rider's protector . What happened during heat 13 on Friday happens in meetings on a regular basis up and down the country . Aaron , rightly or wrongly , got excluded as the reason for the stoppage . That should have been the end of the matter . Why some mechanic felt the need to hand out some sort of retribution , when Aaron was the rider who came off , is beyond me.

Yeah, not sure why mechanics become involved. A bit of handbags is fine, but it should be between the two riders only (after they've dismounted from the bikes, of course). It's a bit like the GP last year. If Nicki and Sam Masters want to have a barney, that's between them, but why did Nicki's crew pit dive in and confront Masters... no need.

All the best

Rob

(PS I'm ignoring the troll. He obviously just lives to provoke a reaction. Sad, really.)

• Like 2

Fair point :D

Yeah, not sure why mechanics become involved. A bit of handbags is fine, but it should be between the two riders only (after they've dismounted from the bikes, of course). It's a bit like the GP last year. If Nicki and Sam Masters want to have a barney, that's between them, but why did Nicki's crew pit dive in and confront Masters... no need.

All the best

Rob

Fair point indeed. :D

By the way don't let the weirdo get to you.

• Like 1

The Ref should be handing out fines to mechanics who go fighting.I agree let the riders sort themselves out,mechanics should not be interfering.

They do . Via the rider up to the rider to pass on the fine.

Aaron summers mechanic got a £80 fine last season for a fist fight on track (ironic eh)

However in the Edinburgh pits the ref can not see what goes on , he can only go on what the

Clerk of the course reports to him. If he didn't see it then end of.

I'm not condoning the actions of a Edinburgh pit crew member , however the paper says it was unprovoked

I've seen photos of Aaron being held back on the track by another mechanic trying to calm him down.

Now to me that makes it seem a total different story to that in the paper.

It's a heat of the moment incident and probably would have been forgetting about , but dragged up in a trashy paper

More coverage about this than you normally get ?

• Like 1

The Ref should be handing out fines to mechanics who go fighting.I agree let the riders sort themselves out,mechanics should not be interfering.

It is within the rules to exclude offending mechanics/hangers on, etc, from the pits, and also fine the rider for not controlling his pit crew.

• Like 1

Why don't you two continue your spat on the Scunny- Edinburgh page and give us peace?

Or take it to personal messages and give us all peace. It's in the past now and won't be changed so it's time to move on as you will obviously never agree

• Like 1

Aaron summers mechanic got a £80 fine last season for a fist fight on track (ironic eh)

However in the Edinburgh pits the ref can not see what goes on , he can only go on what the

I'm not condoning the actions of a Edinburgh pit crew member , however the paper says it was unprovoked

I've seen photos of Aaron being held back on the track by another mechanic trying to calm him down.

It's a heat of the moment incident and probably would have been forgetting about , but dragged up in a trashy paper

Thats the problem the Home Clerk of the Course never sees anything concerning a home rider or mechanic, end of.

The ref can only act on what he sees ..... Or what is reported by an official, but ...... That's where the "3 monkey syndrome" kicks in OR the "gob" that wants a rider banned

As I've said before, speedway is a high adrenaline sport and red mist is almost certain to descend occasionally

For the record, I do not condone mechanics involvement except to pull the hyper riders away and calm the situation down

• Like 2

If you're referring to yesterday's Sun article where does it say "unprovoked"?

In the early 2000's there was a pits altercation between a mechanic/ helper / hanger on and Peter Carr that resulted in the rider getting a broken collarbone. At the return fixture at Arma, Campbell declined entry to that individual.

Perhaps this should be applied in this case.