British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Glasgow , Ko Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg Fri 26th August 2016 At 7-30 P.m.

Here is the verbatim extract from the SCB Statement of 22/7/2016 :-

"Furthermore, Edinburgh advised Scunthorpe by SMS at 15:14 on Friday 15th July (72 hours prior to the Meeting Start time) of the fact that Mitchell Davey would be the G rider replacing Dan Bewley."

Are you implying that the veracity of the SCB statement is false and your allegation of events is true and accurate?

I know who I believe, and perhaps the SCB and the BSPA will not take too kindly to Scunthorpe Speedway's Press Officer publicly accusing them of issuing false content and refusing to retract his comments.

that statement is false surely?? Fri 15th july to sunday 17th july= 72 hours??? Am i missing something here, as usual :)

In the early 2000's there was a pits altercation between a mechanic/ helper / hanger on and Peter Carr that resulted in the rider getting a broken collarbone. At the return fixture at Arma, Campbell declined entry to that individual.

Perhaps this should be applied in this case.

It was a supporter and he was banned from Ashfield for a few seasons.

1. It's the sun they make up stories on a daily basis

2. Not even they are sure if it actually happened considering they said in the article "allegedly headbutted"

Mr B defending the realm for a change!

Well, if The Sun story proves to be correct, then his credibility is less than The Sun.

Allegedly.

Re Friday's meeting, this quote from the Edinburgh website is worth mentioning:-

"The collection for the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund on Friday raised the magnificent sum of £1580.45. Thanks to all who contributed so generously and to the riders of both teams who enthusiastically uplifted the collection."

P.S. My donation went in Aaron Summers bucket :)

• Like 3