British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

Yep a very typical Rockets team and one that would bring the same success as previous years.....none.

Don't forget the new promotion don't have Lens loyalties (misguided or otherwise) along with his contacts book so would probably sign the wrong Mellgren.

I'd not go anywhere near Anders anyway, shame as he was really kicking on then had a bad injury. Never been the same rider since.

The package that he asked for was significantly higher than the figure asked for by Edward Kennett. Given that NBJ was likely to be third heat leader if was viewed excessive.

Given the state of speedway in this country and the crowd levels at Rye House it would have been suicidal for the Promotion to agree. Like it or not British and Australians are a far better bet given that they are based here rather than Danes Swedes and Poles who are constantly flying in and out

Hopefully the promotion will do the necessary paperwork so we can employ Aussies again. Especially with Jack Holder likely to be available, should be going all out to sign a rider like that.

1. Edward Kennett 9.27

2. Rob Branford 4.60

3. Charlie Gjedde 9.22

4. Kasper Lykke Nielsen 5.16 or Cameron Heeps 5.07

5. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 6.98

6. Ben Morley 3.85

7. 3.00

lol, this is an awful team but I just want to see Gjedde back in the uk

No thanks, have him at Newcastle.

I'd not go anywhere near Anders anyway, shame as he was really kicking on then had a bad injury. Never been the same rider since.

Hopefully the promotion will do the necessary paperwork so we can employ Aussies again. Especially with Jack Holder likely to be available, should be going all out to sign a rider like that.

No thanks, have him at Newcastle.

Nahhh :P Rather watch him for somebody else, as much as I like him

Nahhh :P Rather watch him for somebody else, as much as I like him

Chances are he'd be dropped, quit, or be injured before he pitched up at Newcastle

Edited by Shads

Chances are he'd be dropped, quit, or be injured before he pitched up at Newcastle

Well getting dropped isn't necessarily his fault, I'm sure he doesn't WANT to be injured, and lets just hope no riders get injured, and speedway's a sport that if you don't feel right doing, or if you don't feel right in the situation you're in, you SHOULD quit

Well getting dropped isn't necessarily his fault, I'm sure he doesn't WANT to be injured, and lets just hope no riders get injured, and speedway's a sport that if you don't feel right doing, or if you don't feel right in the situation you're in, you SHOULD quit

He wasn't sacked this year, he walked away as far as I know.

He wasn't sacked this year, he walked away as far as I know.

I know, and that applies to the last part of my comment :) "or if you don't feel right in the situation you're in, you SHOULD quit" I have no problem with any riders quitting at anytime tbh, it's their life on the line at the end of the day, literally :( And whether that's because they feel unsafe, or they're not getting the money, it's the same thing, we all need to make a living somehow

Rye house el league next year no raiders i reckon imo lost money last yr

Big bmr sponsor taking on all costs,people dont realise how big they really are.

Six figure sum no probs

I still think pl racing is better imo

How true is this comment? I never knew Rye House were going to be backed, them people should take over the league and look after all the teams :P Bring back Plymouth and other teams that have gone bust throughout the years, we need big people to take an interest in out unique sport

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Mr Sandhu, Rick Frost, The Invisible guy at Lakeside, John Posselwhaite at Reading, gosh even Steve Ribbons (bigger pockets than most of us) all driven out of the sport by a small group of self interested promoters who can then enact their self interested needs.

Ever decreasing circles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How is that going to work shads. Saturdays seem out of the question for top flight racing, and crowds have never been good for weekday meetings at rye. I just hope it doesn't all end in tears with the track going bust.

Saturday isn't a great night for EL racing but it isn't out of the question. I really hope the rumours of EL at Rye aren't true as the EL is terrible. Rubbish race format, even more inconsistency in when meetings are staged, more expensive to watch despite the standard of rider not being that much higher than the PL. The list goes on.

• Like 2

I'd hazard a guess that he may begrudgingly support the Bandits but he'll always be a Rocketman at heart

Rather than "support", I'd say "do well".... Gives him an easier life when I'm in a good mood :lol:

• Like 3

There are lots of unhappy people it seems with the possible move up into the Elite League. The promotion at Rye are clueless at times and they’ll need to treble if not quadruple their ideas up as well as the crowd if they have a fruit cake moment and go EL!

If it was like the old British League One days when we had many ‘star’ names riding a different kettle of fish!

But look at the current Elite league riders, most bar half a dozen or so includes the likes of

Doyle 9.78

Iversen 9.02

Holder 8.58

Jonsson 8.45

Kasprzak 7.91

Zaga 7.48

Lindgren 7.21

Kasprzzak and Zaga do blow hot and cold. But so many riders double up, you’ve only got to look at the ELRC this year, half of the riders rode in the PL. Another interesting fact is the double up riders, look at their averages

Cook 7.37

King 7.33

Masters 7.18

Lambert 7.08

Kennett 7.08

Tungate 6.37

Grajczonek 6.05

Not much of a difference. I’ve not included

Harris 6.62

Nicholls 6.51

Woffinden 7.03

Morris 6.89

Garrity 6.00

Bridger 5.94

Lawson 5.74

The only answer is to have the Premier League and invite the Elite League teams to join.

Rye House has basically lost my interest this year with their slow presentations as if no one has a care in the world. Will I return? Hopefully Warren Scott will be fully fit in 2017 to guide the Rockets in a professional manner unlike the clown of a promoter their this year. If he’s still there with all his yes men then I’ll probably go and get my weekly fix down the pub on a Saturday night. As for running mid-week, financial suicide!