British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

Like I said earlier, get Kyle Newman in no matter what the format for next year. Superb again tonight, on a small track too.

He's spent the last two seasons on a small track in the PL and is on a 6.31 average. I wouldn't be against him if the rest of the team make up is right that being said.

Providing the format stays the same i suspect the Rockets team will look pretty similar to this years. The promotion are limited in terms of contacts & connections which will hamper team building. If it wasn't for John Sampford putting the majority together this year it would have been much worse (look at the Raiders).

Think a new number 1 will be needed also as a Saturday night track doesn't fit well with Eddie's grass/longtrack ambitions whereas a Thursday night track would.

I sincerely hope not because the team this year isn't good enough. If Eddie is in the PL next season I'm pretty certain it'll be as a Rocket.

Can't see anything in regulations about 7 average and doubling up.

The regulations do say that double up can only be for 2 consecutive years and when this was raised in FB Eddie said that if that rule continued he will ride in PL.

Whilst situations change, that's the position as far as I'm aware.

Can see some sort of amalgamation of the leagues next season

I think having weaker leagues is more likely, but who knows what surprises the AGM will throw at us this time!

Palovaara seems to have a liking for our track. Good score for Glasgow last year & good performance for Newcastle last night. He'd be a useful addition on his 5.80 average.

NBJ should be a must as a third heat leader on 6.98.

Was thinking exactly the same thing last night.

Weakening of team strengths is almost inevitable,,especially with an enlarged Elite league,,this would have a knock on effect with the Premier

Edited by waco