British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Somerset Pl 21/08/16

It's the guys on track on the day that score the points not the ones that are missing.

So if you're looking at ifs and buts.... what about Worral only being able to jump one start, but Tungate got away with jumping two.

Not looking for if's and but's fella...just pointing out that it wasn't just because of Dan Bewley that Glasgow lost.

There were many reasons as to why Glasgow lost last night.

It's the guys on track on the day that score the points not the ones that are missing.

So if you're looking at ifs and buts.... what about Worral only being able to jump one start, but Tungate got away with jumping two.

Here we go again just as you think you are getting on common ground !!! If, what if, it's not fair, he got away with one more jump start than him !!!

If you look at the whole situation and the boot was on the other foot you (Glasgow) would have taken that win with spades and would have been as big a pain as you all are today about it and as Gresham says, and I have said before, the Play offs are a joke! The team that finishes top are the champions in my eye, be it Glasgow, Edinburgh or anybody else, good on 'em, if they earn it they should have the trophy, not fight all season long to amass enough points to top the league just to have a sudden death play off. All the content on here today resembles little kids playing cowboys and Indians and not taking your shots. 44 - 46 End of. I'm focused on Plymouth now and how many points we can put over them with or without guests. None of us are keen on the guest rule but that is the cards we are dealt so get on with it !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

Think young Master Bewley will be top of every PL promoter's wish list for next season . Whoever signs him on his low average will be catapulted to favouritism for next year's title

Here we go again just as you think you are getting on common ground !!! If, what if, it's not fair, he got away with one more jump start than him !!!

I'm focused on Plymouth now and how many points we can put over them with or without guests. None of us are keen on the guest rule but that is the cards we are dealt so get on with it !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!!

Good , away and annoy the Plymouth fans now and leave us to wollow in our self pity :nono:

• Like 2

Spot on with the play offs, what a load of crap that is. Can you imagine that rule in football. With the double now achieved over Glasgow , the Rebels are so far in front of anyone else this year it just shows what a joke the play offs are and a travesty if at the end of s long long season if we were not crowned champs.

The Rebels have not scored less than 40 points in any match and have only resorted to the equily ridiculous tac ride once.

A starting seven that nobody gave a chance to, we are all talking about Bewley, what about Jake and BWD all season so far, not just over the last month or so. All the Somerset haters must be squirming in their seats at how well we have done so far. Two semi's coming up , Pairs already in the cabinet, life's good long may it continue.

• Like 1

Every body knows the play offs are here to stay , no point whinging about them now that Somerset are going to top the table by quite a margin . Yes they have been the best team this season , but the idea is to peak for the business end of the season . They have won the qualifying competition , the real stuff begins shortly

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

Spot on with the play offs, what a load of crap that is. Can you imagine that rule in football. With the double now achieved over Glasgow , the Rebels are so far in front of anyone else this year it just shows what a joke the play offs are and a travesty if at the end of s long long season if we were not crowned champs.

The Rebels have not scored less than 40 points in any match and have only resorted to the equily ridiculous tac ride once.

A starting seven that nobody gave a chance to, we are all talking about Bewley, what about Jake and BWD all season so far, not just over the last month or so. All the Somerset haters must be squirming in their seats at how well we have done so far. Two semi's coming up , Pairs already in the cabinet, life's good long may it continue

Playoffs are brilliant, calm doon.

Playoffs are brilliant, calm doon.

So true , the atmosphere on the day we raced Somerset in last year's play off semi final was amazing . The buzz you get during the play offs is so much better than during the normal season

Every body knows the play offs are here to stay , no point whinging about them now that Somerset are going to top the table by quite a margin . Yes they have been the best team this season , but the idea is to peak for the business end of the season . They have won the qualifying competition , the real stuff begins shortly

Sorry mate totally disagree, "peak at the business end of the season" nah not for me . The season is a marathon not a short sprint between a couple of teams. Another Speedway joke rule along with double points 🙄.

• Like 3

I'd like to see the league winners crowned as Champions...but a separate competition at the end of the season which consists of the top four teams.

There would have to be an incentive to win it. Make it worthwhile and important to win.

As for what that incentive would be...i'm not sure.

Maybe an extra point to play with, at the beginning of the next seasons averages when putting a team together....Or allowing the winning team to keep the team they won the title with the following season with no restriction? Obviously riders will have had to have ridden the majority of meetings and no wringers pulled in.

Or something along those lines...something worth winning, if you get my drift.

I'd like to see the league winners crowned as Champions...but a separate competition at the end of the season which consists of the top four teams.

Rugby League used that system very successfully for decades. The side top of the league were the champions who were then joined by their closest challengers for a competition called "The Premiership".

Then along came Sky and they had to switch to just a play-off system, as in Australia.

Now, where's the connection?

• Like 1

If you look at the whole situation and the boot was on the other foot you (Glasgow) would have taken that win with spades and would have been as big a pain as you all are today about it and as Gresham says, and I have said before, the Play offs are a joke! The team that finishes top are the champions in my eye, be it Glasgow, Edinburgh or anybody else, good on 'em, if they earn it they should have the trophy, not fight all season long to amass enough points to top the league just to have a sudden death play off. All the content on here today resembles little kids playing cowboys and Indians and not taking your shots. 44 - 46 End of. I'm focused on Plymouth now and how many points we can put over them with or without guests. None of us are keen on the guest rule but that is the cards we are dealt so get on with it !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!!

No there not, wether you like it or not.

And before we get the top off the league are champions brigade Eh no there not.

So you will just need to get on with it.

Yawn !!! :shock: Zzzzzzzzz!!! God, strewth, you lose the will to live !!!

Ain't that the truth :cry: .

Not looking for if's and but's fella...just pointing out that it wasn't just because of Dan Bewley that Glasgow lost.

There were many reasons as to why Glasgow lost last night.

Well, fella, notice your not defending the fact that Tungate Knows how to get away with getting flyers, and after watching Worral last season, I suppose you'll be able to identify who's best at it.

Sorry if you got the impression I'm a Glasgow supporter.

Was only stating what I observed, and on from that I totally agree that Somerset were deserved winners yesterday, and should be crowned league Champions if they top the league.

But come the play offs, I'm not so sure there gona win, then again suppose you could always try and get Pontus back, but he really will need to learn to count.

Edited by speed ace

Enjoy the rest of your season boys and girls! We will, win or lose !!! Although I doubt you will because you will still be bitching about yesterdays result come Christmas Ha Ha !!! Bye bye !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Well, fella, notice your not defending the fact that Tungate Knows how to get away with getting flyers, and after watching Worral last season, I suppose you'll be able to identify who's best at it.

Sorry if you got the impression I'm a Glasgow supporter.

Was only stating what I observed, and on from that I totally agree that Somerset were deserved winners yesterday, and should be crowned league Champions if they top the league.

But come the play offs, I'm not so sure there gona win, then again suppose you could always try and get Pontus back, but he really will need to learn to count.

Riders are always trying to find a way of getting a flyer...all of em. It's for the ref to sort out. Been going on for years.

The point is...there are so many variables to a Speedway meeting, and so many things can go right, or wrong.

That's why imo and others, the league is won over the season, not over a few play off meetings.

As a Somerset fan...if Glasgow were to win the most points over the season, but lost in the play offs to Somerset, I would still think of Glasgow as the Champions.

We all know it's a farce for the sky Cameras...

• Like 1

Riders are always trying to find a way of getting a flyer...all of em. It's for the ref to sort out. Been going on for years.

The point is...there are so many variables to a Speedway meeting, and so many things can go right, or wrong.

That's why imo and others, the league is won over the season, not over a few play off meetings.

As a Somerset fan...if Glasgow were to win the most points over the season, but lost in the play offs to Somerset, I would still think of Glasgow as the Champions.

We all know it's a farce for the sky Cameras...

Well said and I echo these thoughts.

• Like 4

I think the playoffs are good because they add excitement, but also a sport which attempts to equalise teams by the average limit is better served by a system that doesn't just reward the nrwly assembled teams that can perform best off the bat. Would Edinburgh have signed Bewley had there been no playoffs, or would they have been more inclined to be conservative and get a solid performer with no great room for improvement.

What we witnessed yesterday was a real emerging talent . Never before has a green tractor driver shown such guile and track craft . The way he hunted down and passed the red tractor on lap 27 , and then repeated the manoeuvre 43 laps later was breathtaking . Well worth the admission money despite the speedway breaks in between

never let the speedway get in the way of a good tractor race. With all the hot air on the BS forum we could be doing with E x T r a c t o r F a n s

What we witnessed yesterday was a real emerging talent . Never before has a green tractor driver shown such guile and track craft . The way he hunted down and passed the red tractor on lap 27 , and then repeated the manoeuvre 43 laps later was breathtaking . Well worth the admission money despite the speedway breaks in between

Im sure that the Green tractor driving was a guest ,he has never been so good round Ashfield in the past,and on a 10 lap average.

Enjoy the rest of your season boys and girls! We will, win or lose !!! Although I doubt you will because you will still be bitching about yesterdays result come Christmas Ha Ha !!! Bye bye !!!

Think my account must have been hacked! No way did I 'like' this comment by a troll who is unable to understand what people are saying. So lets put it simply and i'll try and not use big words, there's been no whinging, no bitching at least not from Glasgow fans. Every Glasgow fans has accepted your team on the day deserved to win. they have just pointed out that without Dan Bewley you would have lost. Its not rocket science. if you read one of my posts you will see that I think it would be wrong for the team that finishes top of the league not to be crowned champions. However, with clowns like you I now think it would be brilliant that after you near total dominance if you were gubbed in the final, preferably by the tigers.

• Like 3

Think my account must have been hacked! No way did I 'like' this comment by a troll who is unable to understand what people are saying. So lets put it simply and i'll try and not use big words, there's been no whinging, no bitching at least not from Glasgow fans. Every Glasgow fans has accepted your team on the day deserved to win. they have just pointed out that without Dan Bewley you would have lost. Its not rocket science. if you read one of my posts you will see that I think it would be wrong for the team that finishes top of the league not to be crowned champions. However, with clowns like you I now think it would be brilliant that after you near total dominance if you were gubbed in the final, preferably by the tigers.

You should be able to click the like button again to "unlike" - if you feel so inclined (which from your comments is probably the case :wink: )

• Like 1