British Speedway Forum

Coventry V Lakeside/lakeside V Coventry 19th & 20th August

Hi, I'm involved with track prep at another EL circuit, with the forecast for yesterday (Friday) being quite precise on the rainband exiting the Midlands, and NW saying the track had been prepped for rain (stated this at around 10:00) and then calling it off less than 3 hours later, I was surprised....... I was interested in what changed, because the forecast didn't.... That's all....

I'm more interested in the other E.L. track as having to miss Coventry last night I would have liked my Speedway fix tonight. So far today it's been sunny and very windy so perfect drying conditions but the match was called off early yesterday morning. :neutral: Mind you it will probably get the promotion in Poole's good books. :wink:

FINAL PRE-MATCH WEATHER CHECK at 5.15pm

It's been fine, bright and sunny if somewhat breezy since my last update and no hint of rain (nor sleet or snow!) so I look forward to seeing the usual bunch of Coventry travelling fans who I've got to know over the years and many, many Hammers fans enjoying the action tonight. Irrespective of line ups (as some of the BSF and other forums' full time moaners have been at pains to go on about) and irrespective of the result I'm looking forward to witnessing some good racing, and I'm sure that others who WILL be there rather than watching updates at home or down the pub on their tablets / mobiles will be too.

Looking at that Coventry team admission should be reduced tonight this is not an Elite league meeting.

Why should the Lakeside promotion suffer even more of a financial loss just because Coventry cannot field a proper team.

• Like 1

Why should the Lakeside promotion suffer even more of a financial loss just because Coventry cannot field a proper team.

Why should fans have to pay elite league prices to see a patched up premier league/national league team. Lakeside will suffer anyway when the crowd is low. I don't think i should have to pay full price to watch this.
  • Like 2

FINAL PRE-MATCH WEATHER CHECK at 5.15pm

It's been fine, bright and sunny if somewhat breezy since my last update and no hint of rain (nor sleet or snow!) so I look forward to seeing the usual bunch of Coventry travelling fans who I've got to know over the years and many, many Hammers fans enjoying the action tonight. Irrespective of line ups (as some of the BSF and other forums' full time moaners have been at pains to go on about) and irrespective of the result I'm looking forward to witnessing some good racing, and I'm sure that others who WILL be there rather than watching updates at home or down the pub on their tablets / mobiles will be too.

Welcome back Bryn.

Could have been worse tonight for a heavily depleted Bees. Shame Sarjeant was excluded when we were on 8-1. Lakeside updates said it was s shocking decision.

Good night for Garrity to score 11 & Sarjeant looking better. Poor from Harris.

Strange to see Branford in heat 15 but as we had already lost I guess maybe it was a thanks for guesting.

A good 3pts for Lakeside which takes them up to 4th and pushes Wolves out of the play off positions

If Harris has a broken rib/s, they take ages to heal, they restrict movement, breathing and hurt like hell, worse pain in world.. I fell off at Scunthorpe, broke 3 ribs and tore the pluritic lining (that's between lungs and ribs) it didn't finish me that afternoon (adrenaline) but from the next day, I couldn't breath, cough, laugh, blow my nose, eat and swallow properly for 3 weeks, before the pain even slightly improved.. Awful place to get a broken bone/s & the tablets I was put on for the pain, and to stop lung infection made me feel even worse!!!

If Harris has a broken rib/s, they take ages to heal, they restrict movement, breathing and hurt like hell, worse pain in world.. I fell off at Scunthorpe, broke 3 ribs and tore the pluritic lining (that's between lungs and ribs) it didn't finish me that afternoon (adrenaline) but from the next day, I couldn't breath, cough, laugh, blow my nose, eat and swallow properly for 3 weeks, before the pain even slightly improved.. Awful place to get a broken bone/s & the tablets I was put on for the pain, and to stop lung infection made me feel even worse!!!

he rode for kings Lynn Thursday scored well .besides if he's not fit he should have said and we could have had a guest
  • Like 4

I meant that most teams that go to Lakeside don't have a full team. At least you have more than 2 of your own riders!

Most ?