British Speedway Forum

Tai Quits Team Gb

I was trying in what I thought was an amusing style - obviusly not - that Tai Woffinden lacks the character of those who have preceded as being greats in British speedway. Obviously I failed - but to me he lacks the dignity and character of former recognised REAL and RESPECTED greats in British speedway. Others obviously disagree with me.

But you yourself have stated that one of your all time favourite riders is jack Parker.The Jack Parker who threatened to kill a young Ronnie Moore if he got in his way.So you are no great judge of character and dignity :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 2

This is already running on GP/WC forum.

but completely relevant to this thread too.

Yukkkidddy doodah! Yukkkiddy heh! How sad to think Tai Woffinden's on the way to being Britain's rider with most world titles to his credit. :sad:

and will be well earned.

But not very bright

completely irrelevant. But completely expected from a Tai hater.

I take it you aren't aware just how successful a sportsman and businessman he is.

But bright anough to have his own business interests and have a healthy lifestyle after his speedway career ends.Me for one would be more than happy to let him have a huge input on how Britain as a speedway nation moves forward.

Well said STR. If he was able to buy the rights to team GB you can be sure he would deliver on his promise, fact.

• Like 1

But bright anough to have his own business interests and have a healthy lifestyle after his speedway career ends.Me for one would be more than happy to let him have a huge input on how Britain as a speedway nation moves forward.

Tai only looks after himself and Not British speedway so why would you want him to have any input, he has lost so much respect by many in British speedway.

• Like 1

Tai only looks after himself and Not British speedway so why would you want him to have any input, he has lost so much respect by many in British speedway.

Only because he can't get anywhere with his ideas.

Have you ever thought - Tai might just be right. If you want Speedway to stay the way it is then fine - we won't get anywhere. If you want it to improve then perhaps Tai should be listened to - he is most certainly not an idiot. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could improve Great Britain's Speedway Team massively.

It might not work - but unless we try something different we will be doomed to stay in the Speedway doldrums for a very long time. Tai could indeed be the answer. As I have said, it may not work but what have we got to lose if we give him his head on this?

Have you ever thought - Tai might just be right. If you want Speedway to stay the way it is then fine - we won't get anywhere. If you want it to improve then perhaps Tai should be listened to - he is most certainly not an idiot. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could improve Great Britain's Speedway Team massively.

It might not work - but unless we try something different we will be doomed to stay in the Speedway doldrums for a very long time. Tai could indeed be the answer. As I have said, it may not work but what have we got to lose if we give him his head on this?

Has Tai thought he might be wrong ? how can be right that if we don't what he wants then he acts like baby and takes his ball back all the time ...as I said before what did Denmark and Sweden do before this world cup that was so great ? the bottom line is we beat them .

Tai is only a speedway rider and should remember that ...but in tai case he wants to pick the team tell them what they should eat how we should the run the league and if we don't the toys come out the pram like a 5 year old ...maybe if was not so childish all the time people might take more notice

Edited by orion

From what the article says he cares very much about Team GB, and you can understand his frustration if we aren't doing all the things which the top nations are. I don't necessarily agree with him making himself unavailable this year or his comments about finishing second last year (second was a great result) but he clearly gives a toss. Would be very interesting if he did manage to buy the rights, he is a born winner and you wouldn't bet against his claim that he would get us winning the thing. I think Tai gets frustrated with Team GB as it doesn't get anywhere near his levels of professionalism (interviews aside of course). He's never going to be everybody's cup of tea but I don't think his desire towards the national team can be questioned.

• Like 4

GB Speedway has lost a world champion from it's team. Those in charge, those buying or paying for the kebab team meal, should look at themselves to ask WHY.

Team GB wont get to the 2017 SWC Final this season. Woffy cares about that yet we criticise him. That is beyond my brain

Edited by marky
  • Like 2

Has Tai thought he might be wrong ? how can be right that if we don't what he wants then he acts like baby and takes his ball back all the time ...as I said before what did Denmark and Sweden do before this world cup that was so great ? the bottom line is we beat them .

Tai is only a speedway rider and should remember that ...but in tai case he wants to pick the team tell them what they should eat how we should the run the league and if we don't the toys come out the pram like a 5 year old ...maybe if was not so childish all the time people might take notice

But we finished SECOND!!!

Who was it who scored the majority, by a long way, of our Points. Tai Woffinden, thats who. Without him and his ideas - see where we get this year. I will predict - NOWHERE!!!

Obviously - you don't like Tai. You are one of those who is happy to see Great Britain slide down the pecking order in World Speedway. Some of Tai's ideas make sense to me - and if he can put us back on the map in a Speedway sense - then good luck to him.

He deserves a chance to try.

As for, as you put it, "acts like baby and takes his ball back" - has it ever occurred to you that he may have had no choice in his actions if they wouldn't listen to him if that was the case.

But read my Post - he could just be right - you certainly can't say he is wrong.

• Like 2

When he quit the British final and then Team GB he lost any credibility to have his views taken seriously plus he has now cut all ties with Britain and that was clearly not the way about doing things if he loved British speedway.

I love to watch him on a bike but off it then I cringe and feel what he has chucked away.

He has let British speedway down more than British speedway has let him down.

• Like 1

​That looks a fair enough assessment of the situation in regard to Tai Woffinden and the way he conducts himself robert72.

When he quit the British final and then Team GB he lost any credibility to have his views taken seriously plus he has now cut all ties with Britain and that was clearly not the way about doing things if he loved British speedway.

I love to watch him on a bike but off it then I cringe and feel what he has chucked away.

He has let British speedway down more than British speedway has let him down.

:approve::approve::approve:

But we finished SECOND!!!

Who was it who scored the majority, by a long way, of our Points. Tai Woffinden, thats who. Without him and his ideas - see where we get this year. I will predict - NOWHERE!!!

Obviously - you don't like Tai. You are one of those who is happy to see Great Britain slide down the pecking order in World Speedway. Some of Tai's ideas make sense to me - and if he can put us back on the map in a Speedway sense - then good luck to him.

He deserves a chance to try.

As for, as you put it, "acts like baby and takes his ball back" - has it ever occurred to you that he may have had no choice in his actions if they wouldn't listen to him if that was the case.

But read my Post - he could just be right - you certainly can't say he is wrong.

Explain to me how not riding in league ( Toys out of the pram )not riding in the British final (hissy fit ) and not riding for team gb is helping uk speedway ...people can listen to his opinions just like the next person but that does mean he is right and that we have do what he what he wants or else .doing all the above means people lose respect for him

He's got lot growing up to do before people take his views on board ..as taking your ball home all the time only works in the school playground

Explain to me how not riding in league ( Toys out of the pram )not riding in the British final (hissy fit ) and not riding for team gb is helping uk speedway ...people can listen to his opinions just like the next person but that does mean he is right and that we have do what he what he wants or else .doing all the above means people lose respect for him

He's got lot growing up to do before people take his views on board ..as taking your ball home all the time only works in the school playground

And allegedly expected to be paid more for getting the most points. Reported at the time he quit TeamGB.

Edited by Tsunami