British Speedway Forum

Tai Quits Team Gb

Roscoe is at the GP's with the GB rider/s (won't need to next year as there ain't any, apart from the wild card and reserves at Cardiff) and he goes to the U21 rounds with the GB boys as well, so not just rocking up for World 4 team tournament week.

Is that all we expect then? Turning up the meetings? My, the bar is low. A national team manager should be about creating the environment and culture to enable athletes to achieve excellence. That's what makes guys like Eddie Jones so successful. Can anyone honestly say Alun Rossiter is anywhere near this type of level? Are there any GB riders who can say "that guy has made me a better rider"? So, like him or not, I entirely understand Woffinden's frustration. He is one of the few riders who actually gets what is required to win at top level sport.
  • Like 3

Is that all we expect then? Turning up the meetings? My, the bar is low. A national team manager should be about creating the environment and culture to enable athletes to achieve excellence. That's what makes guys like Eddie Jones so successful. Can anyone honestly say Alun Rossiter is anywhere near this type of level? Are there any GB riders who can say "that guy has made me a better rider"? So, like him or not, I entirely understand Woffinden's frustration. He is one of the few riders who actually gets what is required to win at top level sport.

Unless you know the ins and outs of exactly what he does and the rules and budget with which he has to work with, or have spoken to riders who work with him, most of the above is just guesswork?

• Like 4

Eddie Jones is paid a lot of money and is employed full time.

We can only respect his decision ( we all have that right - to make our own career choices ) even if we are not impressed by his method of departure ( I wasn't ) But as the "leader of the free world" is going to dispense policy via Twitter perhaps that is the modern way? Only Robert Lambert of the present Premiership crop is likely to get anywhere near Woffinden's record ( so far ) in the sport.

Unless you know the ins and outs of exactly what he does and the rules and budget with which he has to work with, or have spoken to riders who work with him, most of the above is just guesswork?

Yes.

I'm guessing there is no training plan, no fitness plan, no nutrition plan, no coaching plan, no development plan. All of which do not have to cost any money, just some strategic expertise and professionalism. I'm also guessing that Britain's two time World Champion is equally unimpressed too, based on his social media postings. All guess work. I hope to see some evidence soon that my guesswork is way out.

Roscoe is at the GP's with the GB rider/s (won't need to next year as there ain't any, apart from the wild card and reserves at Cardiff) and he goes to the U21 rounds with the GB boys as well, so not just rocking up for World 4 team tournament week.

Yep and not so long ago he was in the corner of a Russian at the GP's, how patriotic is that!

Yes.

I'm guessing there is no training plan, no fitness plan, no nutrition plan, no coaching plan, no development plan. All of which do not have to cost any money, just some strategic expertise and professionalism. I'm also guessing that Britain's two time World Champion is equally unimpressed too, based on his social media postings. All guess work. I hope to see some evidence soon that my guesswork is way out.

Your guess work is way out ..it's already been said that he was upset about what they paid him for his point score in the final ...as has been said do the others do what Tai and do the other riders walk out because of it ?

67 pages through a thread called "Tai quits Team GB" which has been running for months!?!

Perhaps I just can't remember.

It happens you know.

I only wanted to know if Tai had made an Official Announcement. So far all I hear about is Twitter - I am not on Twitter.

So I respectfully ask again - has an Official Announcement been made by Press Release or whatever on Tai finishing with Great Britain World Cup Team or alternatively has anything Official been put out on this subject by the Great Britain Team Management?

Perhaps I just can't remember.

It happens you know.

I only wanted to know if Tai had made an Official Announcement. So far all I hear about is Twitter - I am not on Twitter.

So I respectfully ask again - has an Official Announcement been made by Press Release or whatever on Tai finishing with Great Britain World Cup Team or alternatively has anything Official been put out on this subject by the Great Britain Team Management?

I don't quite know what you mean by 'official' but here is a news report. http://www.skysports.com/speedway/news/12268/10538896/tai-woffinden-steps-down-as-great-britain-captain

• Like 2

Well last year h I think he went to croatia with the team for 4 days traning etc not sure how many times we done that before ..he also travels with the likes of Danny King etc gp qualification meetings ...lets not forget Rosco still has a young family and has to a normal 9 to 5 job to just to make ends meet ...not sure what else you want him to do or what the other team mangers like Mark Lemon do etc the rest of the year .

As for Woffinden picking the side is was quite clear that was going to be the side anyhow ...and at the end of the day Woffy has acted like a big headed baby and choose to turned his back on the union jack ..so I am not why he even making any comments ..he's gone so leave the people who are proud to ride for team unlike him to do so .

I think he has left the team because he thinks its a shambles under Rossiter. That is a shame if accurate as we can't work without one of the very best in the world. In 2017 Team GB will get slaughtered without Woffiden's points. Take him out of the 2016 side, replace with Bomber or Scott Nicholls, we would have been a bad 4th in the Final.

Tai is No longer seem as a good advert for British Speedway

That's your opinion and shared by a few more no doubt.

Let's hear the deafening roar at Cardiff to challenge that belief.

I don't quite know what you mean by 'official' but here is a news report. http://www.skysports.com/speedway/news/12268/10538896/tai-woffinden-steps-down-as-great-britain-captain

The article quotes his own announcement on social media.