British Speedway Forum

Tai Quits Team Gb

Having read and contributed on the 'Should Tai Ride for Team GB' thread and having read this thread so far, I have come to the conclusion that this forum only really has a handful of real UK speedway fans who take the time to consider what their posting and the reason they are posting it. The rest seem to just use this forum to moan, whinge, attack other forum members and crucify UK speedway.

Tai has tweeted something and all those which fall into the second category above are off and running, whilst the very few in the first category are keeping things on planet earth.

There is nothing official (that I'm aware of) that has been released, just a tweet from an obviously unhappy Tai Woffinden. Let's be grown up and wait and see what happens in the next 24-48hrs before we all act like children and use the tweet as yet another excuse to berate Britain's best by an absolute country mile. I for one will be doing that, however I'm sure that those as described above will carry on like children in a candy shop now you have a nugget of ammo. So very, very sad.

Top post :t:

• Like 2

no there wasnt there was a chance for the guys to have a blast around the track to test some engines it wasnt an

tell me another rider who provided fitness training for the team.. out of his won pocket.. who didnt take any expenses for the team. .. and had a 4 year plan to progress the youngsters in this country ???

Edited by 5 FURROW

Considering his stature in the Sport(world champion),it is a very strange way to behave ,it does not show him or the sport in good light.Thats Social Media though.In professional sports up and coming stars are taught how to deal with the media unfortunately Speedway doesn't fall into that category thesedays.

• Like 1

When Buster Chapman and Rob Godfrey took over, Everyone said how British Speedway was going to be on the up and be great for years come. Its been nothing but a shambles and they're making things 100s time worse then they was. British Speedway won't exist within the 10 years

How many people go to make this everyone then?10,20,30?

• Like 2

So the Team GB Manager states quite clearly on BT Sport yesterday that he has had nothing but full support from BSPA and that the 'training camps' (Croatia etc?) and the fitness/nutrition sessions will take place again for next season. Also considering test matches against the Swedes, Poles, Danes - (maybe even the Germans if we actually want to win one!) -on their tracks.

Even the BSPA chairman stated he was supportive of Tai's aspirations.

Don't understand it at all!!

NB. Isn't a certain Mr Pearson in charge of Woffy's PR etc????!

• Like 2

What gets my goat is if you dont agree with Woffinden you are not a true fan. True fans will agree with him.

What a load of tosh.

Obviously I`m not a true fan then as I find what Tai has done to be childish and arrogant, as you say a professional would put out a full statement explaining his reasons.

• Like 2

Well Mr Woffinden how about giving your side of the story, instead of a childish cryptic tweet which just causes anger and frustration?

How about doing a press release where fans can judge and discuss bith sides of the argument? I class myself as a true fan. I was at Manchester cheering on TeamGB. But your tweet and general attitude towards British Speedway makes it hard to like.

Instead of posting tweets that just stir the pot how about letting fans of the sport hear your side of the story? Then, we can make a judgment of whether you are hard done by or just an attention seeker.

Well Rory, perhaps you can tweet what is going on? Seems those in the know want to keep it amoungst themselves.

Fully agree, gives us details so we can then form an opinion with the relevant info.

Tai is very good at putting stuff up on social media to cause a reaction. Done it a few times now.

So the Team GB Manager states quite clearly on BT Sport yesterday that he has had nothing but full support from BSPA and that the 'training camps' (Croatia etc?) and the fitness/nutrition sessions will take place again for next season. Also considering test matches against the Swedes, Poles, Danes - (maybe even the Germans if we actually want to win one!) -on their tracks.

Even the BSPA chairman stated he was supportive of Tai's aspirations.

Don't understand it at all!!

NB. Isn't a certain Mr Pearson in charge of Woffy's PR etc????!

This is why I'm not convinced it's necessarily about team GB and the plans for the future.

Edited by woz01

Looks like Tai is 'calling the BSPA out'...

Get everyone talking, and plenty of rumour and speculation later, the BSPA will, (eventually) have to release some kind of statement themselves...

Rory's another who has never been shy in coming forward and voicing an opinion so his comments will lead to more conjecture. (How is his relationship with the BSPA Chairman these days by the way?)...!!

Lets hope Tai's obvious passion for Team GB isn't lost (and wasted) and the BSPA and himself can work alongside each other to build on what was a great Silver Medal performance..

• Like 1

What gets my goat is if you dont agree with Woffinden you are not a true fan. True fans will agree with him.

What a load of tosh.

It's nothing to do with true fans. It's to do with being sensible enough to wait and see what the reasons are before making a decision either way!

I'm not defending him, I'm not attacking him, simply waiting for more information before forming an opinion..

• Like 7