British Speedway Forum

Tai Quits Team Gb

Have I missed something? Is there a statement from Tai?

No. You have missed nothing. Just another poster in the same mould as Gavan. No wonder many on here thought the two were the same person. Edited by Steve Shovlar

As I said in my earlier post, it's alright for people to say 'Oh no he didn't' to Steve Shovlar's well worded and believable stance

Believable?

Explain how it is believable that Tai suddenly objects to a pay system that has been the same in his entire time riding for GB in the World Cup?

A system he knew was in operation BEFORE the World Cup?

Believable?

Explain how it is believable that Tai suddenly objects to a pay system that has been the same in his entire time riding for GB in the World Cup?

Because he's that arrogant and thought that Rosco is that much of a pushover?

Believable?

The way many people decide they are bigger than their sport and want more money, despite the fact they've been happy to take what was on offer before. It's hardly unprecedented.

• Like 2

Is TW losing money riding in the EL as is bikes and mechanics are based in Poland ?

I think TW should be slated for quitting team GB for No reason, He has had plenty of time to put his side across but he clearly feels fans will support him whatever so doesn't need too as he thinks he is bigger than the sport.

Believable?

He objected to nearly everything during the world cup week to what food was eaten what people wore when they should practice etc etc ....it's really believable that he objected to something else .

Edited by orion

Bet he's done a lot more for Charity than you my friend.

I wouldn't say he has done ALOT more for charity than me at all but I do think he has done a great job getting the speedway public to dig deep into their pockets and I respect him highly for doing that as I do the many people who do it every day for great causes.

Like most people I admire his charity fund raising and love watching him race but I think he is a fool to himself and badly advised which shows in his behaviour this year.

Believable?

Possible that he requested it be changed for 2017 and got turned down? Or thought he had an understanding for this year which was reneged on?
  • Like 2

Believable?

Well, let's say it's plausible or possible, but that doesn't mean to say it's true. I have no doubt that Steve Shovlar is giving us the account as it was given to him but we don't know where that person got the story from or whether he has all the facts. It's possible that money came into it somewhere along the line but we don't have Tai's side of the story so we don't know.

I don't think Tai is bound to release a statement and I don't really see why he should, but equally it was a bit of a dumb move to float a titbits of information in the public domain and not say any more. It was bound to fuel speculation that will not help either his reputation or the sports.

In the meantime, in true BSF fashion the rumour mill will go flat out, and people will convince themselves the truth is whatever they want to believe. It would make much more sense to wait until more facts come out before jumping to conclusions.

• Like 1

Well, let's say it's plausible or possible, but that doesn't mean to say it's true. I have no doubt that Steve Shovlar is giving us the account as it was given to him but we don't know where that person got the story from or whether he has all the facts. It's possible that money came into it somewhere along the line but we don't have Tai's side of the story so we don't know.

I don't think Tai is bound to release a statement and I don't really see why he should, but equally it was a bit of a dumb move to float a titbits of information in the public domain and not say any more. It was bound to fuel speculation that will not help either his reputation or the sports.

In the meantime, in true BSF fashion the rumour mill will go flat out, and people will convince themselves the truth is whatever they want to believe. It would make much more sense to wait until more facts come out before jumping to conclusions.

It's not true and Shovlar also now knows it's not true. Whether he will post something to that effect or retract things is anyone's guess...

I find some peoples views very entertaining.

Steve Shovlar , well known as the biggest troll on the forum puts out a statement as to why Tai has quit GB. He refuses to name his source which is nice and convenient , yet some people believe him.

I state my source where i got my information from, admittedly passed down through 3 different people and could be wrong, and people are still believing Shovlar!!

Name names Shovlar or the things you are saying will be passed off as total bull as usual

I state my source where i got my information from, admittedly passed down through 3 different people and could be wrong, and people are still believing Shovlar!!

You stated your source but despite being asked (#683) didn't state what he said. So we are expected to believe what exactly?

• Like 1

Go ask him tonight, you never know, he might be willing to tell you.

Or, just accept the word of a forum wind up merchant.

Why would it be the real story ? he's hardly going to admit that he's not riding for team gb because of money .

I find some peoples views very entertaining.

Steve Shovlar , well known as the biggest troll on the forum puts out a statement as to why Tai has quit GB. He refuses to name his source which is nice and convenient , yet some people believe him.

Name names Shovlar or the things you are saying will be passed off as total bull as usual

Was that 3 or 300 different people... :rofl: