British Speedway Forum

Tai Quits Team Gb

Could also be that the average cricketer isn't very bright and are hostile to anyone who's different. Plenty of players from the 2005 Ashes team spoke in his defence, including Vaughan.

Some of things he related in his book, were if true, shocking man management on the part of the England establishment. And of course Flower was eventually quietly pensioned off, whilst Moores was sacked twice so there were obviously issues that went beyond Pietersen.

Incidentally, Moores was also treated disgracefully twice, whether or not he was right for the job. And each time Strauss was somehow associated with it in the background.

More to it all than meets the eye I think.

The episode where Pietersen had to go to a hotel and meet each of the squad one by one and beg forgiveness so he could be "re-integrated" prior to the India tour was bizarre. You suspect that they expected him to refuse to take part in such an exercise so that he could have been not "reintegrated "

Without going too much off topic, I don't think the clique was the problem, it was KPs failure to be part of a team that was his problem. I don't think it is any coincidence that he fell out with every team that he was part of. Even in the early days the Notts boys got so fed up with him I think they emptied his stuff off the balcony at Trent Bridge in the end.

Never mind Notts, it wasn't plain sailing at club level with Cannock either!

Andrew Strauss hopeless as England captain. ? You must have a short memory ! 2nd on the list of captains, in all time wins for England and one of only 3 England captains to win Ashes series in both England and Australia. Hopeless , Really ?

............... and Strauss also took us to Number One Team in the World.

Straussy did very well, in my opinion.

............... and Strauss also took us to Number One Team in the World.

Straussy did very well, in my opinion.

He also had very good players in the side as well.

It's very difficult for outsiders to really gauge the ability of a cricket captain, but someone like Vaughan led a good but inferior side to victory over what had been an almost invincible Australian team. Strauss won the Ashes away, but it was a poor Australian side by comparison, and it's subsequently come out there was conflict between different factions in the England camp. I'm not sure that's the sign of a great captain.

• Like 1

He also had very good players in the side as well.

It's very difficult for outsiders to really gauge the ability of a cricket captain, but someone like Vaughan led a good but inferior side to victory over what had been an almost invincible Australian team. Strauss won the Ashes away, but it was a poor Australian side by comparison, and it's subsequently come out there was conflict between different factions in the England camp. I'm not sure that's the sign of a great captain.

Not a great Captain but certainly a relatively successful Captain.

All of your above points are valid.

Strauss, is the old public school boy, who always has a stuppid sickly grin plastered all over his face, he had a few good games and an awful load of bad ones. The only way that he has got where he is now is through the people he knows at the top, not what he did by merit, He was hopeless as England captain.

Without Tai we may not do as well in the SWC next year or for a couple or so years after, but with the lads coming through and I hope with the backing, if it is there for them we will have a team that go go out there to make a name for British speedway again.

I hope that when they do, that it will be under the name of Great britain and not the silly stuppid tearm the now use for them team GB. I fail to see why they use it. Never saw a team Rus, or team Swe, so lets get it back to what it used to be.

He got us to number one in the world ....not sure the people he knew scored all thou's runs for him ...did they hold his bat while he scored the 21 centuries ?

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

Stop telling me what I can and can't do for gods sake man! Who the hell do you think you are on here?

You are NOT as far as I am aware the speedway Forum police. So stop telling me what I can or cannot post.

Can you understand that? I will post exact what I like, as long as it is within the forum rules, whether you like it or not.

Your opinion means nothing to me. Others have already picked you up for exactly the same bullying manner.

Chris4gillian and Gavan gave surpassed anything Starman has done, it's brilliant!!! Lmao.

Their love in for Tai makes me feel sick, Tai has shown his true colours, so see ya Tai don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! :D :D 🙌🙌

Never thought of Orion as a prat but I do now! I live in a small village just outside Chelmsford in Essex if you must know. Used to go Rye House on Sunday's, Hackney on Fridays and Ipswich on Thursdays. Basically through the late 80's and 90's we went wherever Mark Loram rode until he went to Exeter! So o must be chris4gillian! What a spanner!

Do you know how to post without using insults??

Chris4gillian and Gavan gave surpassed anything Starman has done, it's brilliant!!! Lmao.

Their love in for Tai makes me feel sick, Tai has shown his true colours, so see ya Tai don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! :D :D

Yeah! thats right...our best rider in decades and You sad trolls can't see it...If You and the Sh1te BSPA listened to Him then British Speedway might have a bright future But no..keep on Trolling..He has forward thinking ideas, like the Poles had..it took time...But in this Country it won't happen..Turn Your angst on the authorities not Tai!......

• Like 1

Yeah! thats right...our best rider in decades and You sad trolls can't see it...If You and the Sh1te BSPA listened to Him then British Speedway might have a bright future But no..keep on Trolling..He has forward thinking ideas, like the Poles had..it took time...But in this Country it won't happen..Turn Your angst on the authorities not Tai!......

Lol, so people who aren't a fan of his are trolls??! Lol. Think you need to get a dictionary or go back to school, your choice..
  • Like 1

Just because Tai is a good rider does mean his idea's are the right way to go forward all should be taken on board ..the bottom line is Tai is just a rider who asked 2 or 3 days of the year to ride for team gb ...his job is not to the run the sport .

• Like 8

Just because Tai is a good rider does mean his idea's are the right way to go forward all should be taken on board ..the bottom line is Tai is just a rider who asked 2 or 3 days of the year to ride for team gb ...his job is not to the run the sport .

You are happy to plod on the way the things are going good luck why wouldnt you listen to a world champion.Tai does not want to run the sport , he justs wants to try and move the sport forward what have you got against Woffinden Orion.?

You are happy to plod on the way the things are going good luck why wouldnt you listen to a world champion.Tai does not want to run the sport , he justs wants to try and move the sport forward what have you got against Woffinden Orion.?

First of all I am not never happy to plod along and I sure Tai does want the sport to move forward just like everyone else . But just because he comes up with idea's it does not meanthey are going to work and we have to take them on or indeed be blackmailed by his demands .

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

Their love in for Tai makes me feel sick, Tai has shown his true colours, so see ya Tai don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! :D :D

Do you know how to post without using insults??

:rofl: Oh dear oh dear.

It would appear very few of us are willing to consider things from a wider perspective. Jumping on the 'I hate Tai because he's outspoken and has turned his back on the Team GB' bandwagon is quite simply childish IMO.

Edited by chris4gillian

Yep, you two are way worse than he is now (Gavan all the time, but you just on Tai threads), so congratulations!! :D :D

What is the love in with Tai for, a lot of posters on here can see him for what he is. But you choose to ignore it, I don't get why.

I could say exactly what I think of Tai but unlike you and Gavan I don't call people names, I can debate without it.

It would appear very few of us are willing to consider things from a wider perspective. Jumping on the 'I hate Tai because he's outspoken and has turned his back on the Team GB' bandwagon is quite simply childish IMO.

That isn't why I don't like him. Try again! :D
  • Like 1

Yep, you two are way worse than he is now (Gavan all the time, but you just on Tai threads), so congratulations!! :D :D

What is the love in with Tai for, a lot of posters on here can see him for what he is. But you choose to ignore it, I don't get why.

I could say exactly what I think of Tai but unlike you and Gavan I don't call people names, I can debate without it.

I haven't called anyone anything...

I have explained what I feel and why until I'm blue in the face, you bandwogoners just refuse to consider anything other than constant berating, for to be perfectly honest rather silly reasons. If constantly saying "I see Tai for what he is.." makes you feel better then carry on posting it. I on the other hand appreciate what Tai has done for UK speedway and Team GB during the past 3 or 4 years, without him we would be even further behind the bigger nations than we are now.

Yes he could do some of the things he has in a more professional manner, however he obviously wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't think before speaking. Most of us suffer from that from time to time too!!

If you're happy to carry on watching British speedway fall further and further behind Poland, Sweden, Denmark and even Russia these days then that's fine, however Tai obviously felt he had something to offer to assist with progress in this country but that hasn't been embraced by the powers that be.

Why should he continue to ride his arse off when we have absolutely no-one who can give him some back up as he's so far ahead of everyone else in the UK it's ridiculous?!?

I also find it rather amusing that many on here are saying 'good riddance' etc. etc. I don't think you'll be saying that hen we get an embarrassing thumping from one of the minor nations in next years SWC. How can that be positive in any way shape or form? In fact getting such a tonking will only have a negative effect on those that do in fact turn out for Team GB.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 3

Lets have a look at why i call people names shall we? and then you can tell me if its anything to do with the actual debate.

Robert72 i called pondlife as he had a pop at my deceased family for knowing the Lorams (sad news with the passing of Paul the other week) This poster was a troll and was called out by lots of other people.

Starman - well we all know he is a fool not just me calling him that

Shovlar is what a his a wind up merchant who doesnt like it back at him and again everyone not just me sees him for what he is. Ive only ever called him a troll nothing more

Orion - seems a decent chap but is an idiot for calling me and chris4gillian the same person.

I debate with anyone and only use names for the same people who dont know how to debate