British Speedway Forum

Tai Quits Team Gb

In other words you are saying he is not a team player and its me me me. And then after that me again.

You have just confirmed what many of us on here (clearly not you) think. Woffinden is one selfish jumped up rider with no consideration to the fans that cheered for him in Manchester. I was one of them I even started a thread titled Well Done Tai when he gave his medal to a little girl.

How does he repay the fans that cheered him on? By cryptic twitter messages and saying he has quit.

Any respect lauded on him lies on the floor with empty air horns, emoty beer bottles and trodden on burgers.

Oh dear oh dear, not only do you often speak on Poole supporters behalves, you now put words into their mouths.

And how you've summed up what you have from what I posted is beyond me.

You are one strange individual.

Tai's PR not doing a good job ? Just look how much Tai is being talked about, for good or for bad, for right or for wrong, he is being talked about. I got to know Gordon Ramsay very well & when he was not under the spotlight his PR would often through a spanner in the works just to get the media talking about Gordon. So just maybe Nigel Pearson is a bit smarter than some of you think!!!

I’m not having that at all. If the idea was to get people talking about him then this statement would have been held back until the winter surely? People were already talking about him, and talking about him in a positive fashion, praise for WC performance, praise for performance in GP, returning to race in Britain, this isn’t a lull period for him and thus the example you have used is a terrible one. In this instance the new “media frenzy” created is generally negative at a time when it didn’t need to be as people were already talking about him, for good, no smart media team turns that on it's head. If it was a smart move to further interest in him then now was the time to release a defining statement rather than a completely vanilla one.

The general PR of Woffinden isn’t that smart IMO - it is creating a vacuum for people to fill and for the most part a lot of the comments are negative, that opportunity could be squashed with clearer and more precise statements, the PR is going to lead to fans ostracising him if it continues as it is.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

Oh dear oh dear, not only do you often speak on Poole supporters behalves, you now put words into their mouths.

And how you've summed up what you have from what I posted is beyond me.

You are one strange individual.

Me strange? Jesus wept. Where on earth have I spoken on Poole supporters behalf? Where have I put words in their mouths? I think you need to learn to read my posts more carefully. You have also now been picked up by others on here for coming over as the Speedway forum police. People on here can say whatever thoughts they have on the matter whether you like it or not.

You are now jjust coming across as some sanctimonious bloke full of self importance, with lapdog Gavan probably agreeing with your every word.

Expected response for you. Deflect away from the issue we are talking about and attack the poster.

A guy i know was talking about you the other day. He said you know very little about the sport. Harsh but true.

All i know is that ie) i have stayed supporting the same team all my life have you?.And the two guys who i am really friendly with who are good speedway mates and historians the only ones i respect have never said that to me the rest to me don't matter you certainly dont.YOU attacked Woffinden in your post with not knowing the full facts as for you with your Blue tinted bias Poole head on as Gavan pointed out your speedway knowledge is limited.Stick to selling second hand chairs.😆 Edited by Sidney the robin

Im not having that at all. If the idea was to get people talking about him then this statement would have been held back until the winter surely? People were already talking about him, and talking about him in a positive fashion, praise for WC performance, praise for performance in GP, returning to race in Britain, this isnt a lull period for him and thus the example you have used is a terrible one. In this instance the new media frenzy created is generally negative at a time when it didnt need to be as people were already talking about him, for good, no smart media teams turns that on it's head. If it was a smart move to further interest in him then now was the time to release a defining statement rather than a completely vanilla one.

The general PR of Woffinden isnt that smart IMO - it is creating a vacuum for people to fill and for the most part a lot of the comments are negative, that opportunity could be squashed with clearer and more precise statements, the PR is going to lead to fans ostracising him if it continues as it is.

Excellent post. It seems he posted his twitter feed to gets reaction. Obviously he thought the speedway world sould join ranks behind him to tackle that beadtly BSPA. But it has had almost the complete opposite effect. Instead of gaining support, he failed to back up his tweet and now it has got to the point where only the die hard Woffinden fans are supporting him. An absolute travesty and there was absolutely no need for any of it.

A simple press release stating the reasons why he had quit would have quenched the fires before it ragged out of control would have sufficed. Instead, as others have said, it has left a void and people have now filled it with their own opinion. Why Woffinden brings negative feeling on himself only he can say.

So sad for it all to be like this but only petson to blame is Woffinden.

All i know is that ie) i have stayed supporting the same team all my life have you?.And the two guys who i am really friendly with who are good speedway mates and historians the only ones i respect have never said that to me the rest to me don't matter you certainly dont.YOU attacked Woffinden in your post with not knowing the full facts as for you with your Blue tinted bias Poole head on as Gavan pointed out your speedway knowledge is limited.Stick to selling second hand chairs.😆

Lol!! Orion picked you up on this. Making up stories slways bites you in the end.

If My speedway knowledge is so bad, then how come My team win or come second every year in the Poole speedway quiz, which covers everything speedway. Are you therefore saying if I have no knowledge of the sport, other Poole fans are even dumber than me?

What this has to do with Woffinden I don't know. Perhaps you are just trying to deflect. Orion was spot on about you.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Excellent post. It seems he posted his twitter fedd to gets reaction. Obviously he thought the speedway world sould join ranks behind him to tackle that beadtly BSPA. But it has had almostthe complete opposite effect. Instead of gaining support, he failed to back up his tweet and now it has got to the point where only the die hard Woffinden fans are supporting him. An absolute travesty and there was absolutely no need for any of it.

A simple press release stating the reasons why he had quit would have quenched the fires before it ragged out of control would have sufficed. Instead, as others have said, it has left a void and people have now filled it with their own opinion. Why Woffinden brings negative feeling on himself only he can say.

Are you that deluded not to know that most of the speedway world are totally disillusioned with how the sport is being run in this country.Did it take Tai saying something to make you realise that? you odviously support them i dont and would take Woffinden's word all day long over them.Ever since John Berry was not supported to be a supremo i wonder why? the running of speedway in this country has been a complete shambles. No vision no direction all in for self interest only.

Excellent post. It seems he posted his twitter feed to gets reaction. Obviously he thought the speedway world sould join ranks behind him to tackle that beadtly BSPA. But it has had almost the complete opposite effect. Instead of gaining support, he failed to back up his tweet and now it has got to the point where only the die hard Woffinden fans are supporting him. An absolute travesty and there was absolutely no need for any of it.

Lol!! Orion picked you up on this. Making up stories slways bites you in the end.

If My speedway knowledge is so bad, then how come My team win or come second every year in the Poole speedway quiz, which covers everything speedway. Are you therefore saying if I have no knowledge of the sport, other Poole fans are even dumber than me?

What this has to do with Woffinden I don't know. Perhaps you are just trying to deflect. Orion was spot on about you.

I don't know Orion from Adam thankfully,and his speedway knowledge is even lower than yours.

Well done mate god you must be sad speedway is not all about POOLE that is your biggest weakness. Edited by Sidney the robin

Are you that deluded not to know that most of the speedway world are totally disillusioned with how the sport is being run in this country.Did it take Tai saying something to make you realise that? you odviously support them i dont and would take Woffinden's word all day long over them.Ever since John Berry was not supported to be a supremo i wonder why? the running of speedway in this country has been a complete shambles. No vision no direction all in for self interest only.

So what are the bspa meant to do? Woffinden might be full of wonderful ideas (we don't know because he won't tell us) but they might come at a prohibitive cost to the bspa, who it doesn't take a genius to work out are not exactly flush in the pocket these days.

Can you explain to me with your allegedly far better speedway intellect where the money is going to come from?

• Like 1

So Tai has made his choice and will sit out 2017 and may come back for 2018 , that's his choice and he has said things in the back ground are the cause without telling the fans what those cause's are which has left a very sour taste for alot of us . I personally like Tai as a rider but his PR skills are not for everyone's liking .

So question - Has Tai's coming back to ride for Wolves till the end of the season all been cleared and given the thumbs up ? maybe this is the reason why he can't say what the reason is . Maybe he was told keep it to himself keep quiet and you can ride open your mouth and well who knows .

So what are the bspa meant to do? Woffinden might be full of wonderful ideas (we don't know because he won't tell us) but they might come at a prohibitive cost to the bspa, who it doesn't take a genius to work out are not exactly flush in the pocket these days.

Can you explain to me with your allegedly far better speedway intellect where the money is going to come from?

The BSPA have they said anything NO they should have by now but it will bubble along without the problem being resolved.And i believe it is not just about team GB my gripe with you is you actually KILLED off Woffinden without knowing the full story. Edited by Sidney the robin

The BSPA have they said anything NO they should have by now but it will bubble along without the problem being resolved.And i believe it is not just about team GB my gripe with you is you actually KILLED off Woffinden without knowing the full story.

Really? He's bought everything on himself. Absolutely everything. There's no mitigation.

He said in a twitter rant he is quitting. Then in the press release he says he is not going to say!

So why on earth do the twitter rant

Sorry the guy might be a good rider but he comes across as a right twit on social media. You are welcome to defend him.

• Like 1

The BSPA have they said anything NO they should have by now but it will bubble along without the problem being resolved.And i believe it is not just about team GB my gripe with you is you actually KILLED off Woffinden without knowing the full story.

I dont really see why the BSPA have to say anything,this is Woffys gripe so it up to him

the other menber sof the team arnt complaining as far i i know

I dont like the way somethings are done in my work place but thats life,i still get up and put a shift in

• Like 1

Me strange? Jesus wept. Where on earth have I spoken on Poole supporters behalf? Where have I put words in their mouths? I think you need to learn to read my posts more carefully. You have also now been picked up by others on here for coming over as the Speedway forum police. People on here can say whatever thoughts they have on the matter whether you like it or not.

You are now jjust coming across as some sanctimonious bloke full of self importance, with lapdog Gavan probably agreeing with your every word.

OMG! Are you thick? Do you not recall yesterdays posts?

I read your posts as they are written...by some one who thinks their opinion is the only opinion permitted and that opinion is shared by all or most Poole supporters. I have picked YOU up, and ONLY you for continually making that statement because I feel it's not accurate many of the times you post it in relation to Poole speedway and it's supporters. All I have asked is for you to STOP posting that about our club and our fellow supporters as we have our own opinions and don't need a self righteous nobody to make statements on our behalf.

I have said that a number of times now but you just come back with more guff like your above post.

Gavan has nothing to do with things and he is a poster I certainly have no beef with as he, like myself, can see you for what you're trying to portray yourself to be.

Now for the love of God let things go and stop speaking on the clubs supporters behalf on here. That is all I'm asking. Blood and stone come to mind here....

Thus far it is probably quite smart on their part not to have said anything – they haven’t been mentioned per se and the white noise is generally surrounding Woffinden, as it stands they might be offering up enough rope (not literally).

• Like 1

All i know is that ie) i have stayed supporting the same team all my life have you?.And the two guys who i am really friendly with who are good speedway mates and historians the only ones i respect have never said that to me the rest to me don't matter you certainly dont.YOU attacked Woffinden in your post with not knowing the full facts as for you with your Blue tinted bias Poole head on as Gavan pointed out your speedway knowledge is limited.Stick to selling second hand chairs.

It's not only me that sees it SS!

Really? He's bought everything on himself. Absolutely everything. There's no mitigation.

He said in a twitter rant he is quitting. Then in the press release he says he is not going to say!

So why on earth do the twitter rant

Sorry the guy might be a good rider but he comes across as a right twit on social media. You are welcome to defend him.

Not Defending him for the sake of it i actually believe he has a point.For me he is a great rider he says what he feels and i respect him for that you odviously don't.