British Speedway Forum

Nordic Gorzow Grand Prix 27th August

Gorzow... Nordic

Somebody's got an unusual atlas

If you fly Ryanair to the Nordic GP they will probably take you to Gorzow.

I flew Ryanair to Brussels and ended up in Charleroi, at a tiny airport used exclusively by Ryanair. This was 2003...may be different now.

My son & I Are flying to Poznan for the Gorzow GP. Any ideas on the best way of getting to the meeting. Have never driven in Poland & wondered if anyone is driving from Poznan as I would happliy share petrol costs (& map read!!). A few years ago I spoke with a couple of Aston Villa supporters who did this drive on the day of the meeting. Are you doing the same this year? I believe you flew from East Midlands airport on that occasion.

Also, does anyone know where the Edward Jancarz statue is in Gorzow?

• 2 weeks later...

My son & I Are flying to Poznan for the Gorzow GP. Any ideas on the best way of getting to the meeting. Have never driven in Poland & wondered if anyone is driving from Poznan as I would happliy share petrol costs (& map read!!). A few years ago I spoke with a couple of Aston Villa supporters who did this drive on the day of the meeting. Are you doing the same this year? I believe you flew from East Midlands airport on that occasion.

Also, does anyone know where the Edward Jancarz statue is in Gorzow?

The EJ statue is not far from the stadium, on the other side of the river (Warta), i'd say 20 minute walk?

As for getting from Poznan to Gorzow, just rent a car at the airport. Use Hertz, they have some weekend deal going on now. Last month I rented a car in Warsaw and returned it in Lublin the next day and paid only 99 PLN (~20 quid). You can take the A2 highway and then S3 express road, shouldn't take more than 2 hours total.

Taking a train is another option, I just checked and it's ~2h30min with 1 change, but honestly, i wouldn't recommend travelling by train if you don't speak Polish. It seems like the whole country is speaking English apart from people working at the train stations etc.

I'm taking the train from Poznan at around 9am. It takes 2h14m and is direct without any changes. You can buy and print off your tickets online. There is an option to click on the English language version.

Coming back, I've booked a taxi for 22h30 from the stadium. Happy to share the cost if anyone's interested. Taxi is £60 and there will be 2 seats spare (so you'd pay £30 in total)

I see that for the second GP running the live programme is on BTSport2 but this time all the repeats seem to be the same , so no GP for those of us with only BTSport1. No doubt BT are trying to get us to expand our subscription ; well, no chance. I do not want access to 200 hours of football every week.

I suppose we will have to hope we can find something on YouTube downloaded by a friendly Pole.

I see that for the second GP running the live programme is on BTSport2 but this time all the repeats seem to be the same , so no GP for those of us with only BTSport1. No doubt BT are trying to get us to expand our subscription ; well, no chance. I do not want access to 200 hours of football every week.

I suppose we will have to hope we can find something on YouTube downloaded by a friendly Pole.

Or just watch it live on a stream !!

Edit sent you pm

Edited by racers and royals

So, a guy goes into Sainsburys and asks for free shopping. "Why do you think you deserve that?" "Well I spend far too much at Tesco".....

"Never mind. hopefully someone will shoplift for me."

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

So, a guy goes into Sainsburys and asks for free shopping. "Why do you think you deserve that?" "Well I spend far too much at Tesco".....

"Never mind. hopefully someone will shoplift for me."

So a guy goes on a speedway forum and has go at others for streaming their speedway....