British Speedway Forum

What Changes Have To Be Made In 2017?

I believe the BSPA have some quite grand plans for change this winter. This can only be a good thing. I just hope that before they rubber stamp them at the AGM that they release the details (all the detail too!) to the public for us to find fault, loopholes and pick at. That way it won't take until May for the promoters to realise that the draft failed this year due to the race format when half the BSF called it in November and December!

Yes, and I seem to remember in earlier days that it was confirmed Moxey stopped going when he had to pay to get in. I think he either wrote in or sold the Speedway Mail. Not exactly a suitable force to listen to IMO.

Think the true story from the man himself was that he actually stopped going to Belle Vue way before his free entry passage stopped. So even a free pass couldn't encourage moxey's presence any longer. That says something. But, in saying that, moxey gladly paid for his only speedway visit in 10 years when he trudged up to Buxton a few years ago, for that airfence shindig, as it appealed to him... people actually racing for the love of the sport. Moxey, I am told, still actually loves the sport but it is simply messed up at the moment.

Love it. Been screaming for ages that the way to reduce costs is to set the amount that clubs can pay.

In 2010 Speedwáy Star published an interview with Stuart Douglas who put forward a strong argument for a regular pay structure to stop riders playing one club off against another as to who could pay the highest wages. Unfortunately it got pushed aside and over ruled in the winter of discontent.

I may not like it - but I suppose I would have to live with it.

Why are you asking the same question again - I am sure I have answered it a number of times before.

Preferably they would change it to absolutely no way of contriving to keep Meetings closer, and the Meeting would be decided by the Points scored on the Track. Surely that is the fairest way - and probably the cheapest too.

So you have no interest in fairness then.

You're right, you have answered it multiple times.. and completely contradicted yourself.. as you have done again.

The current system is the LEAST contrived that has been used.

• Like 1

So you have no interest in fairness then.

You're right, you have answered it multiple times.. and completely contradicted yourself.. as you have done again.

The current system is the LEAST contrived that has been used.

Oh for goodness sake give it a rest man.

You must be really bright if, as you admit, I have answered the question before.

Was asking it again just to reinforce your ego?

.....................or - are you as dumb as your question? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Oh for goodness sake give it a rest man.

You must be really bright if, as you admit, I have answered the question before.

Was asking it again just to reinforce your ego?

.....................or - are you as dumb as your question? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Simply because I cannot comprehend anyone could be so foolish to consistently come out with such nonsense.. one day you'll see the light.

You don't go to speedway because of the 'unfair' tactical rule.

Yet the rule is the FAIREST tactical rule there has been in the history of you attending the sport.

Makes perfect sense.

I believe the BSPA have some quite grand plans for change this winter. This can only be a good thing. I just hope that before they rubber stamp them at the AGM that they release the details (all the detail too!) to the public for us to find fault, loopholes and pick at. That way it won't take until May for the promoters to realise that the draft failed this year due to the race format when half the BSF called it in November and December!

The intention is to try out the different scenarios in behind closed doors meetings like they have been doing recently, then to run a meeting for the public to attend before rubber stamping anything. They will be open to questions from the public...that's what I've read so far about the situation. I'm sure someone will know more detail.

Shame another good thread is going the same way as many others...same two people picking on others again, instead of actually contributing anything decent to the conversation. 'You said this, you said that'...FFS get a grip, fed up with em...Grade A... C U next Tuesdays.

• Like 2

I think the actual altering of the historic 3, 2,1, scoring system actually put me off the golden double. Even now, is it 12 years on, still looks odd seeing 6 on a rider's scorechart. Shouldn't mess with history.

The intention is to try out the different scenarios in behind closed doors meetings like they have been doing recently, then to run a meeting for the public to attend before rubber stamping anything. They will be open to questions from the public...that's what I've read so far about the situation. I'm sure someone will know more detail.

Shame another good thread is going the same way as many others...same two people picking on others again, instead of actually contributing anything decent to the conversation. 'You said this, you said that'...FFS get a grip, fed up with em...Grade A... C U next Tuesdays.

So true...if we all had a track to promote, imagine how our differing views would pull things in all directions. That's why you've got to hand it to our current promoters.

Thanks fallas....

Aw boo hoo

I think the actual altering of the historic 3, 2,1, scoring system actually put me off the golden double. Even now, is it 12 years on, still looks odd seeing 6 on a rider's scorechart. Shouldn't mess with history.

So true...if we all had a track to promote, imagine how our differing views would pull things in all directions. That's why you've got to hand it to our current promoters.

Thanks fallas....

You know a sport is in trouble when they have to keep changing the rules every year. Never been a fan of double points or 15m starts...reminds me of 'It's a knock out games'...can't take it seriously.

As for Promotors...I don't believe they should be allowed to run the sport. It should be an independent body away from the promotors...who and how they'd get elected would also cause more problems than it's worth though. Always someone has an agenda.

Aw boo hoo

Go feck yourself you C*nT

• Like 2

Simply because I cannot comprehend anyone could be so foolish to consistently come out with such nonsense.. one day you'll see the light.

You don't go to speedway because of the 'unfair' tactical rule.

Yet the rule is the FAIREST tactical rule there has been in the history of you attending the sport.

Makes perfect sense.

Now THAT is very obvious.

You ask a question multiple times - you get the same answer multiple times. I have no doubt that you will ask me again further down the line...............................

Tell me - just how dumb is that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You know a sport is in trouble when they have to keep changing the rules every year. Never been a fan of double points or 15m starts...reminds me of 'It's a knock out games'...can't take it seriously.

As for Promotors...I don't believe they should be allowed to run the sport. It should be an independent body away from the promotors...who and how they'd get elected would also cause more problems than it's worth though. Always someone has an agenda.

Go feck yourself you C*nT

Aa glory days again darling, you stay classy now

Conduct on here is down there with anyone that's ever graced this forum

Aa glory days again darling, you stay classy now

Conduct on here is down there with anyone that's ever graced this forum

Conduct and classy? You wouldn't know conduct and classy if it slapped you in the face....

I may swear at you...but your conduct on this forum is far from engaging. Far worse than swearing...You're just a troll who likes to antagonise people and get a reaction. Constantly attacking people all over the forum... taking away from the discussion of the thread. You really do live up to your namesake...hybrid and feral...anyway...you've got what you've wanted again...a reaction and making it all about you. You really are a sad C*NT.

• Like 2

You know a sport is in trouble when they have to keep changing the rules every year.

Do you?

Most sports change rules every year.

Another thread where White Knight spouts nonsense about fairness, ignoring the sport is as fair as it has been in the whole time he has attended the sport.

Moxey tells us two heats less will give the fans the value for money they are crying out for..

And Gresham just starts swearing and abusing people who dare to question his opinion.. whilst simultaneously screaming it's a forum and opinions should be respected.. what he means is, HIS opinion should be respected.

As for the 'changes', it's good to hear that these changes are being tested now and as SCB says it might be worth putting proposals into the public and gaining feedback. Weed out the sort of nonsense we see on this thread and it can help to identify any problem areas with proposed ideas.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Conduct and classy? You wouldn't know conduct and classy if it slapped you in the face....

I may swear at you...but your conduct on this forum is far from engaging. Far worse than swearing...You're just a troll who likes to antagonise people and get a reaction. Constantly attacking people all over the forum... taking away from the discussion of the thread. You really do live up to your namesake...hybrid and feral...anyway...you've got what you've wanted again...a reaction and making it all about you. You really are a sad C*NT.

Sad, this really isn't this kind of forum or community

Folk on here just like talking about the sport as has happened on this thread only one person on here making a show of themselves

• Like 1

while I agree a lot of the rules are stupid ,complicated, confusing and often unnecessary and do need addressing they are not the priority , because you have to get the fans into the stadiums first for them to find the rules are crap , that's where the priority should lie , you have to make people want to attend and be apart of that club, make it attractive both as a place to be and a price to pay, the whole pay structure has to be addressed, with the end result being the fan gets a good deal , if you sat in a crowd of 10,000 fans and watched the most boring sport ever but your team won you would still attend again cause the feel good factor generated by the people around you , that's what speedway needs to get back but we have to start at the bottom and price accordingly cause at the moment we are trying to start half way up but pricing it at the top and its not working, its not an attractive proposition for any potential fan , the product can still be the greatest sport in the world (SWC FINAL) and can still be a drab affair (SWC RACE OFF) but infront of small attendances the product becomes less attractive, its the fans that make the difference ,they are speedway ,they are the important ones ,we have to start running the sport for them and not for the riders as it is at the moment , does any of this makes sense? :lol:

• Like 9

Block him mater .and dont be tempted to read his rubbisht

• Like 1

Well said sir. :t:

As you ask.

I would change the Rules about returning to the Pits/third bend after a Tape offence - no need for it it just holds up Racing for the Punters - same to apply for first bend bunching stoppage - injuries/Bike readiness permitting. (Obviously).

I would stop Riders from starting from 15mtrs back for a Tape offence. Bring in a Reserve automatically.

I would also make Referees put on the two minute warning immediately following each Heat. That should be rigidly applied.

The Sport is about Entertainment and anything that holds up Racing (apart from injuries obviously), should be eradicated as far as possible.

I know that this is only tinkering with the Rules but anything that improves the Speedway experience has to be a good thing.

As I think you know - 'Double Points' is the big one for me though.

I would like to stop doubling up and doubling down too - but I realise that at present this is impossible.

I find this an obsession with some speedway fans and its outlined in this post. Do speedway fans have something better to do on a speedway night because all they seem interested is getting home as soon as possible. I get it with meetings finishing approaching 10 pm but as a speedway fan I want a 2 hour show. I want it when I go to the theatre, concert or any other sporting event. Under some posters request to return to 13 heats and TWK's idea of putting the 2 minutes on at the end of every heat,if we have a parade at 7.25 we can all be home within the hour with no stoppages.Is this really what fans want ? I don't. We are in the entertainment business,what other form of entertainment night out lasts less than an hour, ridiculous .

Just on another note WK , I know you object to the double points rule, but its replacement , Tactical Subs if a team is 1 point behind will infuriate you even more, not sure you're return is just around the corner yet.