British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Sheffield Pl 29/7/16 @7.30pm

So we only have our reserves and just Kevin from our top 5 for this one. Masters and Fisher (World Cup) will be missing and both the Riss brothers are riding in Germany. Sheffield will be operating R/R for the injured Garrity other than that will be at full strength.

Edinburgh

1. Steve Worrall (G)

2. Mark Riss R/R

3. Michael Palm Toft (G)

4. Ulrich Ostergaard (G)

5. Kevin Wolbert

6. Max Clegg

7. Dan Bewley

Sheffield

1. Simon Stead

2. Dimitri Berge

3. Josh Bates

4. Jason Garrity

5. Kyle Howarth

6. Arthur Sissis

7. Nathan Greaves

Reckon more likely that Sheffo are favorites for this.

Oystercard is very patchy this season and r/r for Older Riss means only MPT and the reserves.

Sheffo's r/r means anyone can get a ride.

Certainly need Tofty to repeat his last week's form; Super Stevie to be Super; Kaiser Kevin to be Imperious; and our reserves to be having a very good evening.

Mind you I am just about bottom of our Predictions League!!

I can just imagine the conversation between the 2 rival Promoters ahead of tonight’s meeting…

“Morning Norman”

“Morning baldy”

“How’s Steady? A bit unsteady last night I heard”

“Aye, he’s goosed unfortunately. But, don’t worry, we’ve got New Zealand’s finest to replace him”

“Jason Bunyan?”

“Nope. Ricky Wells”

“But he’s a Yank. I saw him pootling round at the back on my TV screen on Tuesday night”

“Defo a Kiwi Mr C. Hence why the Trump mob have binned him”

“Damn. He’s pretty decent at sunny Armadale. He might beat a few of our guys”

“And how’s things at your end soupy?”

“Lovely weather. I was sitting in my deckchair earlier. The one negative is we had a slight mishap with the hospitality food. The frogs legs have been damaged”

“Oh that’s a bonus. We can use r/r to cover him then. Also means we can bring in Richie Worrall for Jason Gar/rity. He can knock his brother off again!”

At this point, Mr Campbell hung up, desperately fearing a home defeat :neutral:

• Like 1

Berge who can't even turn round Armadale is now injured how convenient. Sheffield to win this one now I think with their new line up.

How do you know he's not injured ?

The boy scored 14+1 last night without any problems. Armadale is a track Berge hates and you'll be lucky if he's scored 5 points in all his appearances.

He might have stubbed his toe in the pits after the meeting last night . Obviously he must have got a medical certificate to excuse him from his ordeal tonight