British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

That isn't quite true, he called THAT Coventry fan a bellend. With some justification.

No he didnt. he then tried to backtrack that he didnt call any fans bellends, just certain people. Its entirely possible to be a fan and ask why the team manager was not in place at Wolverhampton. Also the majority of the questions were aimed at the club, not Havelock himself.

If however you are happy with him as team manager making inane and stupid comments on Sky, tweeting pictures of KK's brush from the pits mid meeting, generally giving an impression of not really being bothered then thats fine.

How many meetings has KK missed for Cov now? Two in the last week & excuses made. Surely Cov fans must be annoyed now?

Season is dead, what does it matter

The answer is too many.

Bees fans don't care anyway, although if they were in the play offs it would be the 4th time he has been sacked , twice by the same club.

Whats to say he would have missed the meetings?

• Like 1

The Horton affect kicking in again we see.

If you bother to read both statements you would know Bomber wants a change for him to get back to where he wants to be. Both have said there is nothing untoward.

Absolutely gutted. I hope he goes to Wolves as it will do him good. What I want to see is Bomber back to his best, if that isn't going to be at Brandon then I'm fine with that. Hopefully a new Bees legend will replace him.

Really sad to see him go! He will always be Mr Coventry to me. I can't say I blame him though :(

Good luck Bomber!

PS. Please don't go to Poole! ;)

Just no. Surely it's in the rules somewhere that he is banned from doing so? Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

You sure about that?

No, but going on speculation it seems likely.

If Kk went back to Poole, would we really be content with King as our no 1 on a 7 point average.

Would be absolute cannon fodder, worse than Leicester this year.

If the team is going to be weak, it might as well be at a lower level so we can at least get back to weekly speedway.

No, but going on speculation it seems likely.

If Kk went back to Poole, would we really be content with King as our no 1 on a 7 point average.

Would be absolute cannon fodder, worse than Leicester this year.

If the team is going to be weak, it might as well be at a lower level so we can at least get back to weekly speedway.

Plenty of heatleaders will be on the move during the winter.

i can see why he wants to go.

career has stalled needs a new challenge to kick start him

good luck to him, all the issues around the stadium as well, might as well go now.

not keen on the sell bit, (even if someone would?) all a bit SISU!

Might be to buy a rider who he was keen on last winter but we will have to see about that.

Emil Sayfutdinov rode 9 meetings in the season you required 8 meetings to be an asset so he's an asset too. Meaning Greg, Emil, AJ, Pawlicki and Harris are all assets. Only likely to see 1 of them riding for the Bees next season though and I would imagine that Horton has been hard at work trying to sell as many of them as possible!

Don't say you weren't warned a few days ago!

Hopefully a Harris/Fricke swap of some sort can be agreed.

Edited by SCB

If only their could be 8 Chris Harris' and every team could have one. You just know he's going to be at any meeting he is due to be at, you never get dodgy excuses or him peeing off to a party or pointless practice sessions.

Yes people mock him in the GPs, yes he's always got an excuse for why he hasn't done well but on track he is everything speedway needs more of. Whoever he signs for in 2017 is a getting a 100% committed rider, one who without the stresses of the GP series will probably put a point, maybe even 2 on his average - but best of all he'll do it in the most exciting of ways.

Good Luck to Bomber where ever he goes. I'm sure that like Scott Nicholls he'll continue to get a great reception whenever he returns to Brandon.

SCB, on 16 Sept 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:SCB, on 16 Sept 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

If only their could be 8 Chris Harris' and every team could have one. You just know he's going to be at any meeting he is due to be at, you never get dodgy excuses or him peeing off to a party or pointless practice sessions.

Yes people mock him in the GPs, yes he's always got an excuse for why he hasn't done well but on track he is everything speedway needs more of. Whoever he signs for in 2017 is a getting a 100% committed rider, one who without the stresses of the GP series will probably put a point, maybe even 2 on his average - but best of all he'll do it in the most exciting of ways.

Good Luck to Bomber where ever he goes. I'm sure that like Scott Nicholls he'll continue to get a great reception whenever he returns to Brandon.

Perfect solution , Bomber signs for Wolves & rides Mondays in the elite ..Bees go Premier League & rides for Cov on Fridays !! Bomber gets more meeting & a healthier bank balance & the Bees supporters get 1.Garrity 2.Roynon 3.Bates 4.Sarj 5,Harris 6,Ayres 7Jorgensen & have a successful season .. Just a thought !!!! ;)

Edited by BANANAMAN
  • Like 4