British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

When all this about the rent a few weeks back came about, I'm sure I read horton and Sandhu had met and had an agreement. I don't for one moment think they were talking fryers and fridges. Would an agreement not have been put in place in writing with terms and conditions and when Horton was talking with Brandon estates he would have known what he was getting for his money?

What else can they do if, as people are saying, Mick Horton is in America.

I can't help but wonder if this is being done now deliberately now while he is away.

What sort of person would agree to rent out a stadium and then, after the agreement, go in and take out all the fixtures and fittings?

Imagine if you signed a tenancy on a flat and then, when you moved in, all the light fittings, electrics etc had been removed. There must be laws against that, surely.

I wonder if something has gone on behind the scenes for this to happen.

Well if he is in America they have phones, email, FaceTime etc. etc. just like us it's not a third world country. Is Watson with him or in the U.K. - anybody know?

Put yourselves in their shoes - you read the forums, Facebook etc. and you know there is a perfectly simple explanation for everyone's concern - what do you do stay quiet? I think not - very sad state of affairs which I sincerely hope for the Bees fans sake will be resolved successfully but at this point in time I won't hold my breath.

and what a load of rubbish it is he had the makings of a good team then went and ruined it with the last 2 signings

almost like hes signed the 4 before hand, got told the bad news will need to spend x amount of money for seats etc and then thought..... oohhhh crapppppp, and signed a couple of well budgeted riders lets say!

• Like 1

Perhaps its time to just let it all go.

Awful team. Stadium seemingly ripped to shreds. Why carry on for just another season?

I never believed there would be a new stadium at the end of the three years. There wasn't.

I don't believe there will be one for tbe forseeable future.

We're just putting off the inevitable and its heartbreaking to see a club with the history and pedigree of Coventry Bees staggering on like this.

We're another Cradley.

Still, even if we do come to the tapes in March, that bloody awful team they have put together will make walking away all that bit easier.

• Like 1

Team built on the cheap again. Final 2 signings after Garrity are terrible. I can't be putting up with Sargeant's false starting and tape exclusions for another season. He's gone backwards the last 2 years. May aswell bulldoze it down now. You won't be getting my money Horton!!

Edited by Daryl
  • Like 1