British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

But you were telling us only a few weeks ago "how the budget would be much bigger now that Horton had the lease of the stadium". ;)

But who knew that floodlights and all fixture and fittings would be removed? Also all the Shale has been sold. We were also told Stox would run there but now that's doesn't seem to be the case. Things are very different from a month ago.

But who knew that floodlights and all fixture and fittings would be removed? Also all the Shale has been sold. We were also told Stox would run there but now that's doesn't seem to be the case. Things are very different from a month ago.

Who knew? Well Sandhu and maybe he told his good mates who run the stoxs what he was planning. They then had a giggle that Horton had forked out for the lease knowing he would only be getting a stadium without any fixtures and fittings and decided there was no way he'd pay to put it right so they planned ahead on the assumption that Horton, as the head leaseholder wouldn't be able to afford to fix anything and that in reality it was an end to the stadium.

Horton naively assume he was getting the stadium as a going concern, didn't take into account that the tracks, the lights and all the fitting were not actually owned by the stadium but the soon to be previous head leaseholder. Now Horton is left with a lease for a stadium that doesn't have any of the infrastructure to run speedway, stox or dogs. Horton has been mugged off by all concerned.

Or maybe it's all lies and incorrect rumours and Sandhu is just ripping it all out so he can update it to look nice for the new leaseholder?

I see , so you were really just guessing then? :D

I see , so you were really just guessing then? :D

Not really. We were told that Stox will continue so why would we as fans think that things at the stadium would be removed. Stox needed these things as much as speedway. Stox rent, food and drink and not having to replace things to run equals more money into Coventry Speedway than in previous years. Stox not running and things needed to be replaced for us having any chance of running equals less money.

Who knew? Well Sandhu and maybe he told his good mates who run the stoxs what he was planning. They then had a giggle that Horton had forked out for the lease knowing he would only be getting a stadium without any fixtures and fittings and decided there was no way he'd pay to put it right so they planned ahead on the assumption that Horton, as the head leaseholder wouldn't be able to afford to fix anything and that in reality it was an end to the stadium.

Horton naively assume he was getting the stadium as a going concern, didn't take into account that the tracks, the lights and all the fitting were not actually owned by the stadium but the soon to be previous head leaseholder. Now Horton is left with a lease for a stadium that doesn't have any of the infrastructure to run speedway, stox or dogs. Horton has been mugged off by all concerned.

Or maybe it's all lies and incorrect rumours and Sandhu is just ripping it all out so he can update it to look nice for the new leaseholder?

Don't people in speedway take any legal advice before signing binding contracts these days?

Horton naivety was assuming Sandhu wanted a rental deal. I've said privately to people on here that Sandhu just wanted out, he didn't even make any kind of attempt to get a lease. We were told that that Brandon Estates wouldnt even entertain the idea. I was a little shocked that the statement came out about the working relationship for both sports next year and I believed it was all sorted (that was my naivety). Now it seems we have a shell of a stadium.

Too right and he's certainly not disappointing us with what we've seen so far..!!! Who do you reckon will be fighting it out with us for the wooden spoon again...??? Leicester saved us last year.

No idea to be honest, but if all this speculation regarding fixtures and fittings being removed is accurate, then I doubt we will need to worry about that.

Horton naivety was assuming Sandhu wanted a rental deal. I've said privately to people on here that Sandhu just wanted out, he didn't even make any kind of attempt to get a lease. We were told that that Brandon Estates wouldnt even entertain the idea. I was a little shocked that the statement came out about the working relationship for both sports next year and I believed it was all sorted (that was my naivety). Now it seems we have a shell of a stadium.

May as well get the bulldozers in

Be interesting to see what is said on this one, we love a statement on the website :neutral: . I think looking at that we have not heard a word from Sandhu since the lease agreement maybe he isn't best pleased. However it may be all doom and gloom but it doesn't mean bulldozers are going in, in fact maybe Brandon estates may come up with a plan to help, or Mick finds help someway. I don't know who is in the market for floodlights these days but if Sandhu wants his legacy to be this then so be it. Many tracks run with outside catering and bar facilities. One question I do have is that who owns the promotion rights to the stox as if it is pulled out then what is stopping another promotion running such events?

Maybe the stadium was sold as unfurnished.... I'm sure they wont take the stinky toilets with them.. :lol:

Be interesting to see what is said on this one, we love a statement on the website :neutral: . I think looking at that we have not heard a word from Sandhu since the lease agreement maybe he isn't best pleased. However it may be all doom and gloom but it doesn't mean bulldozers are going in, in fact maybe Brandon estates may come up with a plan to help, or Mick finds help someway. I don't know who is in the market for floodlights these days but if Sandhu wants his legacy to be this then so be it. Many tracks run with outside catering and bar facilities. One question I do have is that who owns the promotion rights to the stox as if it is pulled out then what is stopping another promotion running such events?

Maybe the stadium was sold as unfurnished.... I'm sure they wont take the stinky toilets with them.. :lol:

Sandhu company promotes the Stox at Coventry. Jeremy Heaver does the bulk of the work.

but if there is a facility but they don't promote then what happens? I'm sure the stock car community wouldn't be impressed.

They've previously said they will rent at different venues. Stock Car fans that have messaged the save cov speedway twitter page call Coventry their Wembley. It's a big deal for them as much it is for us.

So if they rent else where, other promotions could obviously rent Coventry?

But there isn't anything worthwhile renting. It's a load of empty building, no lights, not tracks. Anything need to run has been ripped out so nobody can run. Well at least if you listen to the rumours.