British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Kerr actually had a fairly decent second half of 2016. When you think about it the start of 2016 was always going to be tough going for him, coming back from near death and almost certain career ended injuries to not only get back on a bike and race but moved from Lynn to Lakeside in the EL (quite a change) and also changing clubs in the PL. He actually wouldn't be a bad signing on 5.98. Look at those between 5.5 and 6.5 and theres very little that stands out.

Sarj on the other hand I was already thinking had gone stale at Coventry and needed a year away but I was worried he had a bargain average and someone else would gain from it. But as soon as they had to use PL averages I wouldn't have had him back. I like Sarj and actually think he's under rated by many, and you know what a year without having Havvy chatting bollocks to him about vendettas might work for him.

If we're going to use 12 points on Sarj and Kerr I'd have preferred us use the 12 points in other ways. Schlein/Auty/Berge(I like him a lot!) and Roynon/Heeps/Wilson Dean/Carr are better combos IMO.

Lest see what else comes our way. I think King is an OK signing, Bjerre is a brilliant signing. If we get baby-Bjerre (can hardly call him mini-Bjerre as Kenneth is tiny!) too I think we have a brilliant start. Garrity is an odd one for me, really quite poor value in terms of average but great value in terms of commitment and entertainment on track. I actually think the current rules make pretty much anyone on 8.5+ either poor or "meh", theres very few 8.5+ riders that look good value, Lindgren is about it

Agree with this. I like Kerr and his average looks decent value but Sarjeant just looks too high, I assume he had a decent home average at Ipswich? Thing is with Sarj if you asked me in 2015 if he would average 5.8 in the top division for 2017 of would've said yes but last season he went backwards for me. Think the side would be better with a Schlein then a lower average reserve.

Agree with this. I like Kerr and his average looks decent value but Sarjeant just looks too high, I assume he had a decent home average at Ipswich? Thing is with Sarj if you asked me in 2015 if he would average 5.8 in the top division for 2017 of would've said yes but last season he went backwards for me. Think the side would be better with a Schlein then a lower average reserve.

Sarjs PL home/away split is closer than his EL one.

The one thing with the rumoured team is Sarj/Bates and Kerr would probably all swap between reserve and the #2 spot so might work well for them all.

For almost 2 weeks your rumoured team did not have the Kings Lynn nailed on signing Danny King in it, so I suggest you watch this space & you may be a little surprised ! ;)

It did. The rumoured team is

Danny King

K Bjerre

Jason Garrity

L Bjerre

Lewis Kerr

Josh Bates

James Sarjeant

If true then nothing was learnt last year and we will be a team of mainly reserves again.

Would prefer something like this.

King

K Bjerre

Garrity

Schlein

Palm Toft

Bates

Ayres

It did. The rumoured team is

Danny King

K Bjerre

Jason Garrity

L Bjerre

Lewis Kerr

Josh Bates

James Sarjeant

If true then nothing was learnt last year and we will be a team of mainly reserves again.

Would prefer something like this.

King

K Bjerre

Garrity

Schlein

Palm Toft

Bates

Ayres

don't think that's much better than the other one .We need Frick or similar with King Bjerre Schlien Bates and then fill the rest in I would love Jason but don't think he would fit
  • Like 1

He's got to do something like that if he wants bums on seats.If he puts another team out like last season he will go under

Have you signed anybody yet ?