British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

So based on Schlein and Bjerre mentioning on twitter how great Jim Lynch is I'll start with them, then throw in Garrity, Bates and Jack Parkinson-Blackburn. Rumours last year of Fricke but BV stopping it but now there is nobody to stop it throw him in too.

Fricke - 9.91

Garrity - 8.55

Bjerre - 8.22

Schelin - 7.17

Bates - 5.02

JPB - 2.00

That leaves 9.13. Shame Nicholls is 9.22. Paddy Hougaard and Sam Masters fit, maybe even Simon Stead. It becomes damn near impossible to built a team with just 2 double uppers as most teams reserves are going to have to be double uppers, there just are not sub 5 point men who are going to want to ride in only 1 league.

That team looks a little weak in my opinion.

Bates and JPB are good value on their averages and maybe Bjerre but not sure on the others from last season.

Jonsson 11.83

Bates 5.46

Garrity 8.43

Auty 7.01

Robson 7.07

Sarjeant 5.45

Leaves 4.75

Looks like a Bees team of old with Jonsson and Robson.

Please can you tell me Col where are you finding the averages to make a team guesstimate, as there are no 'stickys' with the new averages list in place.

So based on Schlein and Bjerre mentioning on twitter how great Jim Lynch is I'll start with them, then throw in Garrity, Bates and Jack Parkinson-Blackburn. Rumours last year of Fricke but BV stopping it but now there is nobody to stop it throw him in too.

Fricke - 9.91

Garrity - 8.55

Bjerre - 8.22

Schelin - 7.17

Bates - 5.02

JPB - 2.00

That leaves 9.13. Shame Nicholls is 9.22. Paddy Hougaard and Sam Masters fit, maybe even Simon Stead. It becomes damn near impossible to built a team with just 2 double uppers as most teams reserves are going to have to be double uppers, there just are not sub 5 point men who are going to want to ride in only 1 league.

Leave out fricke and go for joonas and Nicholls? No true number one, but most teams wont, and that's a solid team from 1-6.
  • Like 1

Leave out fricke and go for joonas and Nicholls? No true number one, but most teams wont, and that's a solid team from 1-6.

Wouldn't be against that. And Joonas started last season as number 1 at Wolves and it didn't stop them winning the league!

Please can you tell me Col where are you finding the averages to make a team guesstimate, as there are no 'stickys' with the new averages list in place.

In terms of the PL riders averages. The BSPA website. As for the other riders the Converted Averages thread I posted a few days ago converting averages from the BSPA website, I am not making stats up.

• Like 1

Look at the thread I created called converted averages.

Max Fricke

Joonas Kylmakorpi

Jason Garrity

Rory Schlein

Kenneth Hansen

Josh Bates

Danny Ayres

Not sure Hansen would come back but looks a solid side.

I hope he doesn't, one of the worst riders I've ever seen in a Bees 1-5.

Edited by deanr1
  • Like 1