British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

So out of interest, this years team with KK, Garrity, King, Bates and Harris? Did they not entertain? Are these all inside line and tootle along riders? No. inconsistent yes but how that is anybody's fault rather than the rider is beyond me when they are paid on performance. Off track there have been wobbles but reading this if I was Horton I wouldn't have bothered to fight to keep speedway at Coventry as nothing is good enough anyway. Had Sandhu come up with the same deal the comments would have been very different.

• Like 4

He did talk and got an extended deal for the club, are people that consumed with hatred that they don't like the fact Bees will run next year because of Horton? Seems that way to me. If Sandhu was still in charge I'm fairly certain there would be no chance of a Bees team in 2017. He made no effort getting the stadium deal extended. Sandhu and Heaver didn't attend any of the Save cov Speedway meetings either, Horton did and many more with Rugby Council. Horton whether you like it or not has given us a chance and hopefully 3 years for Sandhu and Heaver to find a site and build a new stadium for their stox and Hortons Bees.

Although not an Horton fan, the post is 100% correct.

• Like 3

He did talk and got an extended deal for the club, are people that consumed with hatred that they don't like the fact Bees will run next year because of Horton? Seems that way to me. If Sandhu was still in charge I'm fairly certain there would be no chance of a Bees team in 2017. He made no effort getting the stadium deal extended. Sandhu and Heaver didn't attend any of the Save cov Speedway meetings either, Horton did and many more with Rugby Council. Horton whether you like it or not has given us a chance and hopefully 3 years for Sandhu and Heaver to find a site and build a new stadium for their stox and Hortons Bees.

I think councilor Stokes did most to save Cov speedway
  • Like 1

So out of interest, this years team with KK, Garrity, King, Bates and Harris? Did they not entertain? Are these all inside line and tootle along riders? No. inconsistent yes but how that is anybody's fault rather than the rider is beyond me when they are paid on performance. Off track there have been wobbles but reading this if I was Horton I wouldn't have bothered to fight to keep speedway at Coventry as nothing is good enough anyway. Had Sandhu come up with the same deal the comments would have been very different.

I agree despite our final league position, I thought the season was very entertaining.

• Like 1

I think councilor Stokes did most to save Cov speedway

It needed Horton to want to do it though otherwise it wouldn't of mattered. He's put his money into it.

I agree despite our final league position, I thought the season was very entertaining.

Some of the best racing in a good few years.

• Like 2

Team which Coventry I think will end up with will be.

1.MJJ=6.54

2.Paul Starke=4.94

3.Danny King= 7.22

4.Batch=5.26

5.Zengota=7.79

6.James Sarjeant=3.81

7.Josh Bates=4.76

40.32 team score

If Poole get their way and it's the PL conversion then Bates will be a 3 and Starke just under 4! Edited by woz01

Will Coventry be back at Brandon next season ?

Will there be an Elite League ?

Will they look at moving down ?

Get those three questions answered and along with waiting to see which riders will ride here if Poland have their way and then start looking at who will be in the team but it's going to be hard to attract riders if they are concerned about being paid.

Will Coventry be back at Brandon next season ?

Will there be an Elite League ?

Will they look at moving down ?

Get those three questions answered and along with waiting to see which riders will ride here if Poland have their way and then start looking at who will be in the team but it's going to be hard to attract riders if they are concerned about being paid.

I wouldn't be sure if any rider from 2016 is owed money from riders actions. KK wouldn't have ridden a night before a GP and Woryna wouldn't have rode the night before the SEC if we owed them money. Woryna wants to be back next season. Of course we will be riding, Coventry Speedway now own the lease for the stadium

Using scbs converted averages: king, garritty, fricke,buzz, joonas, bates,Schlein (also tm).

Think some teams may struggle to attract a genuine number one this season.

Personally I think a more solid 1-7 is the way we will go. Edited by woz01