British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

What ex Bees still live local (midlands) who could be an option for manager?

Stuart Robson - must be near to hanging his leathers up?

Mike Bacon - could bring his lad along too?

Andy Smith - it would be like having a new Havvy?

Frank Smith - must have retired from his job?

Sean Christopher Brown - has too much common sense and lives in Wales, but if Mick had a big cheque book?

Seriously who else?

• Like 1

What ex Bees still live local (midlands) who could be an option for manager?

Stuart Robson - must be near to hanging his leathers up?

Mike Bacon - could bring his lad along too?

Andy Smith - it would be like having a new Havvy?

Frank Smith - must have retired from his job?

Sean Christopher Brown - has too much common sense and lives in Wales, but if Mick had a big cheque book?

Seriously who else?

I know he is doing other things within speedway but what about Olly Allen. He seems to be well thought of in GB speedway.

• Like 1

Bomber has signed for another club all will be revealed

If its not Wolves i will eat a Coventry cheeseburger....all of it!

Lets be honest about this. Which decent quality manager on this mortal coil is going to be dumb enough to come to Coventry to work with Horton....???? They all know of his previous shenanigans surely. Why the hell would they..?? From what we've seen he's hardly a top payer - if he pays at all. The rest of his tricks speak for themselves. They'd have to be looney tunes..!! One things for sure whoever it is - They'll be cheap and not too impressive .

Jason Pipe it is then!

• Like 1

Just had word there is a job card just gone up in the Coventry job centre for a position as team manager at Coventry Speedway its a temp to perm position and will be on a purely voluntary basis with the occasional burger and chips thrown in.

I think you may have slightly mis-read the job card - the last word was 'up' not 'in'!! :D

• Like 1

Just had word there is a job card just gone up in the Coventry job centre for a position as team manager at Coventry Speedway its a temp to perm position and will be on a purely voluntary basis with the occasional burger and chips thrown in.

Did it also say that any previous experience in speedway management would be a distinct disadvantage ? :D

• Like 2

Not Mick's biggest fan, too many mistakes of his own doing that frustrate bees fans, however if it was not for this man we would most probably be here thinking and talking about the last meeting at Brandon and maybe for a short period the Coventry bees so maybe a little respect should be shown. Haverlock spent too much time concentrating on Kelvin Tatum than the bees I think, another manager will come in, be great to see somebody with a link to the club and help with the fight for a new stadium.

• Like 5

Not Mick's biggest fan, too many mistakes of his own doing that frustrate bees fans, however if it was not for this man we would most probably be here thinking and talking about the last meeting at Brandon and maybe for a short period the Coventry bees so maybe a little respect should be shown. Haverlock spent too much time concentrating on Kelvin Tatum than the bees I think, another manager will come in, be great to see somebody with a link to the club and help with the fight for a new stadium.

Good post. Whatever people think of him we should have speedway for at least 1 probably 3 years. Sandhu and Heaver told us the site owner wouldn't even entertain the idea of the stadium continuing but Horton and Cllr Stokes managed to get a deal done through talking and hard work.

• Like 2

Good post. Whatever people think of him we should have speedway for at least 1 probably 3 years. Sandhu and Heaver told us the site owner wouldn't even entertain the idea of the stadium continuing but Horton and Cllr Stokes managed to get a deal done through talking and hard work.

horton can talk !!! but thats when the problems start

Horton deserves no respect
  • Like 1

horton can talk !!! but thats when the problems start

He did talk and got an extended deal for the club, are people that consumed with hatred that they don't like the fact Bees will run next year because of Horton? Seems that way to me. If Sandhu was still in charge I'm fairly certain there would be no chance of a Bees team in 2017. He made no effort getting the stadium deal extended. Sandhu and Heaver didn't attend any of the Save cov Speedway meetings either, Horton did and many more with Rugby Council. Horton whether you like it or not has given us a chance and hopefully 3 years for Sandhu and Heaver to find a site and build a new stadium for their stox and Hortons Bees.

• Like 5

Yes Horton makes mistakes and yes he shouts his mouth off before thinking (I've said this myself many times) but this is absolutely ridiculous the stick he is getting considering where we were 3 months ago. There was literally no hope of continuing.

• Like 2